You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Mobile platform issues with change of ISP

edited January 2016 in Feedback & Suggestions
Hey guys.  The mobile platform seems to have an issue when changing from a wifi connection to another one, in my case to a 3G network.  The table in play at the change will freeze and struggle but take about five minutes to ask for a reload which fixes it.  I would have liked to know about this before, it occurred at a rather inconvenient time.

Comments

• edited January 2016

Morning Tommy.

When you say you would have liked to have known about it before, I guess that's fair comment, but I doubt anyone was even aware of the issue, it's quite an odd one, & I'm not aware of any previous complaints or awareness of this one. 

I'll send it upstairs, but I think they will say something like "we don't recommend changing wifi connection mid-game".

I'm just whistling in the dark, but I imagine the mobile device would want to shut it down & start again if you change wifi connection whilst connected to a poker site. I'd be quite surprised if it was a seamless change.  

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Mobile platform issues with change of ISP:
    Morning Tommy. When you say you would have liked to have known about it before, I guess that's fair comment, but I doubt anyone was even aware of the issue, it's quite an odd one, & I'm not aware of any previous complaints or awareness of this one.  I'll send it upstairs, but I think they will say something like "we don't recommend changing wifi connection mid-game".   I'm just whistling in the dark, but I imagine the mobile device would want to shut it down & start again if you change wifi connection whilst connected to a poker site. I'd be quite surprised if it was a seamless change.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Afternoon and thanks for the reply.

Sorry, I might not have been at my most coherent when I posted.  The known before line is more as an advisory for any players scrolling through the forums to know this is possible, I was not aware.

I wouldn't have switched connections if I had a choice, and I concede it might just be something that applications in general can't deal with.  I've had some video sites cope with the change and others need a refresh.  I guess my suggestion is if there was a way to have a button on the mobile platform which refreshes the table, similar to the refresh button in the browser which did work wonders before the app.  Something which is totally user end which requests all of the data again, it would limit downtime in several communication error situations down to around a minute rather than five or so.  Just a thought, no idea if it's workable or not and I completely understand if it isn't.
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Mobile platform issues with change of ISP:
    In Response to Re: Mobile platform issues with change of ISP : Afternoon and thanks for the reply. Sorry, I might not have been at my most coherent when I posted.  The known before line is more as an advisory for any players scrolling through the forums to know this is possible, I was not aware. I wouldn't have switched connections if I had a choice, and I concede it might just be something that applications in general can't deal with.  I've had some video sites cope with the change and others need a refresh.  I guess my suggestion is if there was a way to have a button on the mobile platform which refreshes the table, similar to the refresh button in the browser which did work wonders before the app.  Something which is totally user end which requests all of the data again, it would limit downtime in several communication error situations down to around a minute rather than five or so.  Just a thought, no idea if it's workable or not and I completely understand if it isn't.
    Posted by TommyD
    Morning Tommy.

Ahh, now I get you. I read it, perhaps, a little defensively, I thought you were suggesting Sky Poker should have made everyone aware in advance. It deffo read that way to me.

And no, I was not suggesting you changed wifi connection "voluntarily", I assumed there was good reason.

As to your suggestion of that "refresh button" for some circumstances, I'm not tech savvy, but I imagine it is possible. However, given the amount of times it would be useful, I'd guess it would be way down the list of priorities.

Hope you are well, & enjoying a period of over-performance by Spurs. Young Dele Alli is quite the player. Your North London neighbours, who are on their way to winning the EPL this season - in Wenger we trust - might just take him off your hands.

Will you be at the UKPC? Could use 5 minutes with you, to discuss your UKOPS post in November. 

PS - post more, we don't see enough of you on here these days.