You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Big cash game details missing?

edited January 2016 in Priority
The page with all the details of the big cash game appears to have been replaced with UKPC info. Can someone post / send me all the details (including full T&C).

I really don't want to sit down and discover stack sizes are not what I expected or something like that.

Thanks everyone

Comments

• edited January 2016
    good luck

Normal with priority games to not be as expected always see posts about them being wrong.

Hope it gets sorted for you - dont you have a dedicated sky bod to chat too about these things though?  Think I read it somewhere when looking at benfits of priority?  I would suggest trying to get info that way
  • edited January 2016
    Congrats on getting in hope you smash the higher stakes regs ;)
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Big cash game details missing?:
    good luck Normal with priority games to not be as expected always see posts about them being wrong. Hope it gets sorted for you - dont you have a dedicated sky bod to chat too about these things though?  Think I read it somewhere when looking at benfits of priority?  I would suggest trying to get info that way
    Posted by Nuggy962
    I emailed sky priority support and they said they are checking and will get back to me. Maybe I will have to wait until Monday when everyone is back in the office.

TY
  • edited January 2016

Hi Emma,

The Prio Big Bloke, JP, is unwell at the mo, & I don't want to bother anyone over the weekend, but I will ensure the details are made known to you - & everyone - well before the night of the game, which is, I think, next Thursday.

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Big cash game details missing? : I emailed sky priority support and they said they are checking and will get back to me. Maybe I will have to wait until Monday when everyone is back in the office. TY
    Posted by EmmaWatson
    Probably, yes, but the Big Game is not until Thursday as far as I am aware, so plenty of time. 
  • edited January 2016
    Congrats on getting in hope you smash the higher stakes regs ;)
    Posted by radiofed28

Thanks Radio
  • edited January 2016
    Hi Emma, The Prio Big Bloke, JP, is unwell at the mo, & I don't want to bother anyone over the weekend, but I will ensure the details are made known to you - & everyone - well before the night of the game, which is, I think, next Thursday.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Evening Tikay

Thanks, I would really appreciate that!

It is at some point on the evening of Thursday 14th if I remember correctly (not sure if that is what you mean). Can't recall exact time.

I wish JP a swift recovery. 
  • edited January 2016
    I can`t remember time exactly but most the time Prio freerolls or promos usually start around 8.30pm.

Stack sizes will 1500 blinds be 5/10 and will be played like a timed Mtt which lasts 2 hours so whatever you finish with you keep.

also that 1500=£1.5k so for example if you bet 50 chips it will equal £50

sorry if you already knew this stuff but i`m sure Jp will contact you asap

I wish you the best of luck Emma in the game hope you do well :)
  • edited January 2016
    I can`t remember time exactly but most the time Prio freerolls or promos usually start around 8.30pm. Stack sizes will 1500 blinds be 5/10 and will be played like a timed Mtt which lasts 2 hours so whatever you finish with you keep. also that 1500=£1.5k so for example if you bet 50 chips it will equal £50 sorry if you already knew this stuff but i`m sure Jp will contact you asap I wish you the best of luck Emma in the game hope you do well :)
    Posted by liamboi11
    I also remember it being £1500 in chips and £5/10 blinds but I just got an email saying it was £10/20. Either we both misremembered it (which seems really really unlikely) or they decided to change it which would be weird. Hopefully JP will sort it out on Monday, at this rate I'll be playing £25/50 by Thursday lol.

Cheers Liam.
  • edited January 2016

Hi again Emma,

I've sent the thread Upstairs for comment.

I'll leave it until Monday, & if JP remains unwell, I'll ask someone else to reply.

Have a good Sunday.

• edited January 2016
    10/20? Isn't this advertised as "The Big Cash Game"? 

The beauty of cash has always been deep stacked skilled poker, playing through the streets at usually100bbs+

10/20 blinds would mean each player would only have 75bbs each.

Or is this just the spin up tables taking over this as well?
  • edited January 2016
    The initial marketing for it on the Prio promo page was defo 5/10.  I remember thinking it was 150bb starting.  Everything is obviously subject to change but that's defo what that was.
  • edited January 2016

Morning bolly, Tommy.

See my reply yesterday morning.

JP, fingers crossed, will be back in harness today, & deal with these questions. If he is absent, I'll try & find one of his colleagues who can deal with it.

• edited January 2016

bolly, Tommy.

I wrote to JP, & he immediately replied that the Blinds for The Big Cash Game will be 5/10.

I'm unable to explain why an e-Mail may have suggested otherwise, JP was quite adamant that it will be 5/10.

• edited January 2016
    good luck Normal with priority games to not be as expected always see posts about them being wrong. Hope it gets sorted for you - dont you have a dedicated sky bod to chat too about these things though?  Think I read it somewhere when looking at benfits of priority?  I would suggest trying to get info that way
    Posted by Nuggy962
    That would be me.
  • edited January 2016
    Just to confirm a few things;

• The Big Cash Game will take place on Thursday night, at 8.30pm. 
    • It will be set up as a timed tournament with fixed blinds. This will allow us to ensure all players start at the correct time, and that no one sits out. All players will be automatically registered.
    • Each player will start the game with 1500 chips. These chips are worth £1,500. 1 chip = £1.
    • Blinds will be 5/10.
    • The game will last 2 hours.
    • After 2 hours of play, £9,000 will be split between players, based on the amount of chips each player has. If a player has 1,856 chips at the end of two hours, they'll receive £1,856.
    I'll be calling everyone to discuss the game on Thursday afternoon to ensure everyone is aware of the above.

I'll be available to contact via the priority email address, the forum, or directly between 8pm and 11pm on Thursday to ensure everything runs smoothly. I'll also be watching the game.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to email them to the Priority Team, or post them here.

Cheers,
    JP.
  • edited January 2016
    Just to confirm a few things; The Big Cash Game will take place on Thursday night, at 8.30pm.  It will be set up as a timed tournament with fixed blinds. This will allow us to ensure all players start at the correct time, and that no one sits out. All players will be automatically registered. Each player will start the game with 1500 chips. These chips are worth £1,500. 1 chip = £1. Blinds will be 5/10. The game will last 2 hours. After 2 hours of play, £9,000 will be split between players, based on the amount of chips each player has. If a player has 1,856 chips at the end of two hours, they'll receive £1,856. I'll be calling everyone to discuss the game on Thursday afternoon to ensure everyone is aware of the above. I'll be available to contact via the priority email address, the forum, or directly between 8pm and 11pm on Thursday to ensure everything runs smoothly. I'll also be watching the game. If you have any more questions, please feel free to email them to the Priority Team, or post them here. Cheers, JP.
    Posted by Sky_JP
    Thanks for clearing this up JP, really appreciate it!

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Big cash game details missing? : Thanks for clearing this up JP, really appreciate it!
    Posted by EmmaWatson
    No problem. I'll be giving you a call this afternoon to check you're all set!
  • edited January 2016
    Will we be able to spectate?
  • edited January 2016
    Just to confirm a few things; The Big Cash Game will take place on Thursday night, at 8.30pm.  It will be set up as a timed tournament with fixed blinds. This will allow us to ensure all players start at the correct time, and that no one sits out. All players will be automatically registered. Each player will start the game with 1500 chips. These chips are worth £1,500. 1 chip = £1. Blinds will be 5/10. The game will last 2 hours. After 2 hours of play, £9,000 will be split between players, based on the amount of chips each player has. If a player has 1,856 chips at the end of two hours, they'll receive £1,856. I'll be calling everyone to discuss the game on Thursday afternoon to ensure everyone is aware of the above. I'll be available to contact via the priority email address, the forum, or directly between 8pm and 11pm on Thursday to ensure everything runs smoothly. I'll also be watching the game. If you have any more questions, please feel free to email them to the Priority Team, or post them here. Cheers, JP.
    Posted by Sky_JP
    Stream it on twitch, you can provide commentary. Also you could incorporate a drinking game whereby you do a shot everytime there is a £100 pot!
  • edited January 2016
    Posted by radiofed28
    You will, yes.
  • edited January 2016
    Posted by radiofed28
    Radio it is in the tournament lobby in yellow at the top if you have no filters. 
  • edited January 2016
    Nice promo JP, gave everyone who was part of priority a chance to take part, what with it being a freeroll and prize draw over a rake chase. Also good that everyone on the final 6 left with some money especially the guys who wouldnt normally play those stakes (me included ha) 
  • edited January 2016

^^^

Tell us more Alex, how did it play out, who got the most money etc. I was unable to watch, as I was travelling back from Leeds & never got home until nearly midnight.
  • edited January 2016
    Standings finished as

robtim: £2568
    alex1229: £2234
    sikas: £1269
    onlysmells: £1216
    The_Fishh: £984
    EmmaWatson: £727

Robtim afaik is a 'low-mid' stakes dym'er so big well done to him, i had the worst seat in the house stuck in between the fish and sikas - was a good game though. Might be a good idea to do a highlights video to put on youtube JP and go through some hands with hole cards on show? 
  • edited January 2016

Well done Alex, & sounds like a great Promo to me.

Was a little disappointed to see someone say a day or two ago that the Prio offering here is poor, & citing % rakeback. The package as a whole can't be viewed purely in terms of Rewards payments, Sky Poker offer a lot of stuff - such as this, & that £10,000 Freeroll at DTD - which is not advertised as part of the Prio Deal, & the players get one on one service from JP.

Anyway, well done on pinching a few bob, especially given you had an uncomfy seat between those two at it merchants.

• edited January 2016
    what was the twist as it was mentioned by yourself tk.
  • edited January 2016
    what was the twist as it was mentioned by yourself tk.
    Posted by CHILLIE
    Morning chillie,

If I mentioned that prior to today, I've no chance of remembering, I can't remember what I said yesterday, never mind last week.

Remind me, please.
  • edited January 2016
    What a game!

All prizes have now been paid.

A huge congratulations to robtim, who finished best off, making over £1,000 profit, on his £1,500 starting stack. Not bad for a DYM player!

Thanks to all the railers who kept things interesting, in-between some huge hands!

Finally, congratulations to all who won a share of the £9,000.
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Big cash game details missing? : Morning chillie, If I mentioned that prior to today, I've no chance of remembering, I can't remember what I said yesterday, never mind last week. Remind me, please.
    Posted by Tikay10
    soory tk got that a bit wrong it was jp who in a post on poker chat on the big cash game "with an interesting twist"