You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Desperate??

Is Sky so desperate for business that we have now to suffer a pop-up ad right in the middle of the table when a game is underway.
Why not try cutting the Rake from 15% to 10% at the lower end of the market. Speculate to accumulate !

Comments

• edited January 2016

Hi Dav,

Hardly "desperate", last week broke all records for volume of business on Sky Poker, it was their busiest week ever in their near 9 year history, which, in a market which is in gentle decline, is quite something.

It's a trial, & may or may not continue. If it can be shown that it drives extra entrants to Tourneys & Promos, it will stay. If it does not, I guess it'll go.

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Sky Desperate??:
    Hi Dav, Hardly "desperate", last week broke all records for volume of business on Sky Poker, it was their busiest week ever in their near 9 year history, which, in a market which is in gentle decline, is quite something. It's a trial, & may or may not continue. If it can be shown that it drives extra entrants to Tourneys & Promos, it will stay. If it does not, I guess it'll go.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hello Tikay!! Hope you are well? i must admit i didnt know the online poker market was in decline? is that accross the board on all sites? 
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Sky Desperate??:
    In Response to Re: Sky Desperate?? : Hello Tikay!! Hope you are well? i must admit i didnt know the online poker market was in decline? is that accross the board on all sites? 
    Posted by MrCoxy
    Yes, has been for years, well since black friday. Some sites have steadied the ship though and some making small gains again. Probably the only gaming product where keeping numbers flat year on year can be considered a success.