You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tournament Results Alternative

I understand that GaryQQQ will no longer be completing the 'tournaments results thread' in Poker Chat on the forum from March. The results thread was nice to look back on the previous days results to see who won what, but I doubt if anyone ever goes back and looks to see who won such and such tournament 3 months ago. So I have a couple of things that I think it would be nice to see implemented instead:

1.) At present under the tournament tab you can only see tournaments that are either running, scheduled to run or those that are scheduled but can't be registered for yet. Once a tournament is complete it goes to the bottom for a couple of minutes and then disappears forever. Could there be another option added for 'completed tournaments' whereby these are just kept for say 24 hours for smaller tournaments and a week for the bigger ones?

2.) One other thing is that unless you actually entered a tournament you don't get to see the time the tournament finished, you can see this under 'My tables', but not in the actual lobby. Could the completed time be added to the lobby.

The combination of these two suggestions is that people will be able to look back at recent tournament results without GaryQQQ or someone else having to do the work and can also get an idea of what time a tournament finishes if they are thinking of entering it and want to know if they will get to bed at reasonable hour.

Obviously I have no idea if this is much work or not. Also GaryQQQ has done a fantastic and dedicated job over the years to put the results up.

Best Regards

Greg.

Comments

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Tournament Results Alternative:
    I understand that GaryQQQ will no longer be completing the 'tournaments results thread' in Poker Chat on the forum from March. The results thread was nice to look back on the previous days results to see who won what, but I doubt if anyone ever goes back and looks to see who won such and such tournament 3 months ago. So I have a couple of things that I think it would be nice to see implemented instead: 1.) At present under the tournament tab you can only see tournaments that are either running, scheduled to run or those that are scheduled but can't be registered for yet. Once a tournament is complete it goes to the bottom for a couple of minutes and then disappears forever. Could there be another option added for 'completed tournaments' whereby these are just kept for say 24 hours for smaller tournaments and a week for the bigger ones? 2.) One other thing is that unless you actually entered a tournament you don't get to see the time the tournament finished, you can see this under 'My tables', but not in the actual lobby. Could the completed time be added to the lobby. The combination of these two suggestions is that people will be able to look back at recent tournament results without GaryQQQ or someone else having to do the work and can also get an idea of what time a tournament finishes if they are thinking of entering it and want to know if they will get to bed at reasonable hour. Obviously I have no idea if this is much work or not. Also GaryQQQ has done a fantastic and dedicated job over the years to put the results up. Best Regards Greg.
    Posted by GREGSTER

Hi Gregster, I may be wrong but I think GaryQQQ posted on his results thread asking if anyone fancied taking it overin March to which i think someone did reply