You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Mistake in tonights main and mini rebuys

edited January 2016 in Poker Chat

The addon period started half way through the 75/150 level instead of at the end of the 75/150 level. This has happened a few times now in rebuys so would be good if this issue can be looked into.

Thanks

Comments

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Mistake in tonights main and mini rebuys:
    The addon period started half way through the 75/150 level instead of at the end of the 75/150 level. This has happened a few times now in rebuys so would be good if this issue can be looked into. Thanks
    Posted by bearlyther

This has been posted a few times mate but at no point has compensation been offered for the ton of value missed nor the problem addressed.

We have been told it does not happen a few times though.

• edited January 2016
    The addon period started half way through the 75/150 level instead of at the end of the 75/150 level. This has happened a few times now in rebuys so would be good if this issue can be looked into. Thanks
    Posted by bearlyther
    Hi Conor,

Thanks for letting us know, I did make them aware of the similar complaint previously, & I'll do so again tomorrow.
  • edited January 2016
    This happens far too often, combined with no option for automatic rebuy is a serious problem
  • edited January 2016
    yes, luckilly in a skype group and had lambert inform me it was add on time might have missed it otherwise. Needs fixing tbh. Can it not be timed to  fall within scheduled break would make it easier
  • edited January 2016
    Posted by bearlyther
    Morning Conor,

As promised, I asked them about this yesterday, the timing was perfect, as I was up in Head Office, a rare "treat" (?) for me, so I was able to sit with the team & watch them do some simulations.

In a way, the mystery deepened, as 2 things were observed on the simulation & after delving into the activity log, which shows what things have been altered & when. 

1) The add-on DID arrive early.

2) It has never been modified or changed, ever - what it is now, it appears to have been since Day One.

So when you say "it's happened a few times", it must have been happening every time. The vast majority of players always added on successfully, but it was wrong, for sure. Apologies for that.

It should - should - be an easy fix, it won't be today, but fingers crossed it may be sorted by next Wednesday, which is the next big Rebuy MTT. However, might be wise to keep an eye on it when Add-On time approaches, just in case, & if I remember, I'll post a reminder next Wednesday.

• edited January 2016
    Hi Tikay
    I'm pretty sure it used to be at the end of the level before the introduction of the break 55mins past the hour, so could that have some bearing on it?
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Mistake in tonights main and mini rebuys:
    Hi Tikay I'm pretty sure it used to be at the end of the level before the introduction of the break 55mins past the hour, so could that have some bearing on it?
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Ahh, gotcha, you mean when Sky Poker first introduced Sync breaks? I guess that would fit the facts, yes.

Can't recall when that was - must have been 3 or 4 years ago I suppose. 

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Mistake in tonights main and mini rebuys : Ahh, gotcha, you mean when Sky Poker first introduced Sync breaks? I guess that would fit the facts, yes.   Can't recall when that was - must have been 3 or 4 years ago I suppose.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thats sounds about right. It's been half way through the level ever since and has caught me out a number of times in the past (Usually when I have one eye on the telly :)
  • edited January 2016
    I dont think it should be during the 5 minute break problem with having it then is as soon as youve finished your action on all your tables most people want to go away from the computer for 5 minutes and by the time they come back they will have missed the addon.
  • edited January 2016
    I dont think it should be during the 5 minute break problem with having it then is as soon as youve finished your action on all your tables most people want to go away from the computer for 5 minutes and by the time they come back they will have missed the addon.
    Posted by bearlyther
    Hi Bearly.

I think you have missunderstood.....

I was saying that the problem started when the sync breaks were introduced NOT that we should have the add-on during the break.

Anyway, hopefully the techie guys have sorted it for next week.