You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tournaments

edited January 2016 in Poker Chat
Its 10:51 on Sunday morning and there is one late reg £200 bounty hunter to play, wtf is that all about! why aren't they any decent tournaments? other sites would have 20 running but not SKY! WHY???

Comments

• edited January 2016
    Sky is a smaller site, they can't just host 20 tournaments at once and have 4 runners in each. Tell your friends about sky more ☺️
  • edited January 2016
    No but surely they can host more than 1!!! why would I tell my friends about it when I cant get a good game at this time, why would they be interested? surely SKY poker should be bigger than it is by now with the amount of years its been running! ONE tournament!!!
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Tournaments:
    Its 10:51 on Sunday morning and there is one late reg £200 bounty hunter to play, wtf is that all about! why aren't they any decent tournaments? other sites would have 20 running but not SKY! WHY???
    Posted by cath1990
    Cath is my mothers name. 
    Is that you Mum?

Ive just discovered exactly what you posted Cath. Unless im getting this wrong. I think its great value only getting a few runners in a guarenteed tournie. Its the only times i can reach a final table. 
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Tournaments:
    No but surely they can host more than 1!!! why would I tell my friends about it when I cant get a good game at this time, why would they be interested? surely SKY poker should be bigger than it is by now with the amount of years its been running! ONE tournament!!!
    Posted by cath1990
    There is not enough demand, it's primarily a UK & RoI facing site, & even though Sky Poker have a significant slice of that market, it's really quite small, especially on a Sunday morning, when many of us are shopping at Tesco, out jogging, or at church.

PS - welcome back to Sky Poker, Cath, glad you have come home at last. 50 years is way too long.  
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Tournaments:
    Posted by cath1990
    For the record, at 11.13, there are 7 MTT's currently running, with 13 more due to start within the next 45 minutes or so, (including satellites). 
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Tournaments : Cath is my mothers name.  Is that you Mum? Ive just discovered exactly what you posted Cath. Unless im getting this wrong. I think its great value only getting a few runners in a guarenteed tournie. Its the only times i can reach a final table. 
    Posted by mumsie
    Your mum is on my table welcome Mrs Mumsie
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Tournaments : There is not enough demand, it's primarily a UK & RoI facing site, & even though Sky Poker have a significant slice of that market, it's really quite small, especially on a Sunday morning, when many of us are shopping at Tesco, out jogging, or at church.   PS - welcome back to Sky Poker, Cath, glad you have come home at last. 50 years is way too long.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Wasn't lost on me ;) the storyline unfortunately as true today as it was then,sad times.
  • edited January 2016
    Wouldnt surprise me.
    My Mums 75 . She still works in a nursing home. She takes care of elderly people who are sometimes youger than her. 
    When she comes to visit me i  eastbourne. Shes quite happy to go for a pint and it can  turn  into a ben_der.

(edit bend_er banned )
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Tournaments : Wasn't lost on me ;) the storyline unfortunately as true today as it was then,sad times.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Ha, God bless you Tom, I was not sure anyone would get it.

Can you believe it was 50 years ago now? And yes, not much has changed, sadly.

It was voted "2nd best TV Drama ever" in a poll in 2000.

I vividly remember piping my eyes out first time I watched it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathy_Come_Home
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Tournaments : Ha, God bless you Tom, I was not sure anyone would get it. Can you believe it was 50 years ago now? And yes, not much has changed, sadly. It was voted "2nd best TV Drama ever" in a poll in 2000. I vividly remember piping my eyes out first time I watched it.     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathy_Come_Home
    Posted by Tikay10
    It was firmly lost on me.
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Tournaments : It was firmly lost on me.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    As a whippersnapper just out of yts training that doesn't surprise me ;)
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Tournaments : As a whippersnapper just out of young offenders institute that doesn't surprise me ;)
    Posted by tomgoodun

FYP
  • edited January 2016

This all seemed to end rather well, Cath came home, played 3 MTT's, & even finalled one of them.

Love a happy ending, me.