You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

FAO Sky - Being Forced to Sit Out

edited January 2016 in Poker Chat
I know this should probably go in the feedback section but it doesn't get the same traffic in there as Poker Chat so thought I'd put it here to see if people could confirm it happens to them too or not.

Basically, sometimes it sits you out from an MTT (or presumably a SnG too) and there are no options to sit back in so you're stuck watching yourself be away. I closed the table and re-opened, no good, did the same again and it worked, but it's far from ideal.

Fwiw, here's a screen shot where you can see all the other Sky tables running fine but bottom right I'm away with no 'I'm Back' button.

Am I alone?

Comments

• edited January 2016
    Hey Paul

Its happened to me before, only solution I found was to close/ reopen table.

Tends to happen after a table move.
  • edited January 2016

Hi Lambert 

i've had a simular thing once or twice. had two cards displayed with no boxes underneath to call,raise or fold. Eventually timed me out and the only way to get back on was to close the table and relaunch the tornament.

yours

Darryn

• edited January 2016

Yup, got this t-shirt and pretty much all the others that have been mentioned on forum in recent days.

Software seems in need of a patch re. Table breaks/changes.
  • edited January 2016
    happens to me also. I've found it seems to happen if I'm railing a table and get moved there as it doesnt register im there. I think it also happens in other instances too. Sky's broken in a few ways but we love it :-)
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: FAO Sky - Being Forced to Sit Out:
    happens to me also. I've found it seems to happen if I'm railing a table and get moved there as it doesnt register im there. I think it also happens in other instances too. Sky's broken in a few ways but we love it :-)
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    I'm not surprised. ;)

Congrats. First one, or have you qualified before?

Make sure you come say hi at the UKPC, it'd be good to chat.  

Excessive7324281£1,000,000 UKPCBazookaJoe28048.752£1,000,000 UKPCNooblafish274933£1,000,000 UKPCNutter5932263804£1,000,000 UKPCAlvez11243505£1,000,000 UKPCFeelGroggy21778.506£1,000,000 UKPCAJE222167907£1,000,000 UKPCsodall14056.258£1,000,000 UKPCyozza2568497.509£1,000,000 UKPCDustoLucko817810£1,000,000 UKPCaussie09011£440
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to FAO Sky - Being Forced to Sit Out:
    I know this should probably go in the feedback section but it doesn't get the same traffic in there as Poker Chat so thought I'd put it here to see if people could confirm it happens to them too or not. Basically, sometimes it sits you out from an MTT (or presumably a SnG too) and there are no options to sit back in so you're stuck watching yourself be away. I closed the table and re-opened, no good, did the same again and it worked, but it's far from ideal. Fwiw, here's a screen shot where you can see all the other Sky tables running fine but bottom right I'm away with no 'I'm Back' button. http://tinypic.com/r/2nbssus/9 Am I alone?
    Posted by Lambert180
    Hi Paul,

It's very unlikely you are alone, all things considered, but it's not something that has seen any, or many, reports to CC, or on here.

As to SNG's, in my personal experience, no, not at all. AJMilton, famously, sits out every 20 minutes for a ciggie, & never has problems sitting back in.

I 6 table, & in a 4 hour session, I need to go downstairs & make a cuppa every 90 minutes or so, & attend to the calls of nature. (Missing half a dozen hands is no big deal, imo). I just click "AWAY" on every table, & when I return, the "I AM BACK" button is always there, & works perfectly.   

In so many cases, these things are set up dependant, & dependant on such a huge variety of things.  

The matter of "no cards" exercises many to the greatest extremes, & I get that too, maybe once or twice a night in a 30 game session. 2 nights ago, I was struggling with my wifi at home, "Sky Go" would not load (I wanted to watch a documentary), You Tube videos would not buffer or run, & Sky Poker was lagging for me badly. And that "no cards" thing affected me, in the session, 20 or 30 times. It made me think that it's possibly something to do with connection strength.
  • edited January 2016
    I never realised you had issues and were forced to sit out, just thought you was tighter than tikay!
  • edited January 2016

Please.

Nobody is as tight as me, and I resent the suggestion.
  • edited January 2016
    It does happen, rarely for me as it seems to be when I hit the FT on in a MTT.

I am sure there is something related to your seat being moved to a table you are already observing.

Maybe it only happens when you are moved to the button and so would be sat out?

I don't have enough frequency of FTs to nail it down, but perhaps if the wider community could note when it happens to them whether they had indeed been moved to a table they already had open (for railing/bubble watching/observing play of others near the money/FT). What seat were they moved to/from? HH of hands before and after the move.

All of which might help the tech team track down and fix the bug.
  • edited January 2016
    Well it wasn't going to the FT as you can see from the screenshot it was only level 2. I'm pretty sure there was no table move involved either (it would be unusual to happen that early in this comp) but I can't be 100%

Fwiw, I'm not in the 'absolute disgrace, Sky is a joke, it's costing me tons blah blah' camp, it probably cost me pennies in EV and was just a minor annoyance BUT it's a recurring problem, so while it's only a small one, it's something that shouldn't happen and should be fixed. Same applies to the 'no cards' issue, especially in the first hand of a FT, very small issue, but doesn't mean it should be ignored.

It shouldn't be a case of 'meh it's only a small problem, so just leave it', not saying that happens, but if people don't highlight it then it deffo will be what happens.
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: FAO Sky - Being Forced to Sit Out:
    In Response to Re: FAO Sky - Being Forced to Sit Out : I'm not surprised. ;) Congrats. First one, or have you qualified before? Make sure you come say hi at the UKPC, it'd be good to chat.   Excessive7 32428 1 £1,000,000 UKPC BazookaJoe 28048.75 2 £1,000,000 UKPC Nooblafish 27493 3 £1,000,000 UKPC Nutter5932 26380 4 £1,000,000 UKPC Alvez11 24350 5 £1,000,000 UKPC FeelGroggy 21778.50 6 £1,000,000 UKPC AJE222 16790 7 £1,000,000 UKPC sodall 14056.25 8 £1,000,000 UKPC yozza256 8497.50 9 £1,000,000 UKPC DustoLucko 8178 10 £1,000,000 UKPC aussie09 0 11 £440
    Posted by Tikay10
    Its not my first I've been fortunate enough to win multiple seats. I must confess I do love sky more after a winning session ;-) I'll definitely say hi if I see you. I'm yet to play live so it could very well be my first live experience if i don't get a bit of practice before hand :-)
    I can see the sitting out at a table thing being quite costly for the mass tablers amongst us. (I become increasingly useless when i venture past 4 so don't have this problem) It is certianly viable that somebody who isn't being dealt cards at one of there 15 tables doesn't notice and simply blinds out.
  • edited January 2016
    I have had this happen a few times also, I have to close down the table and reopen it as that normally works. As to when it happens, it seems to me it happens after you have been sat out when you did not wish too. A temporary faulty internet connection causes a sit out, but despite it reconnecting you cannot do anything but watch it blind you away. A table move which moves you to be the small blind or button so that you are sat out also does it. When it is bad I switch from the app to the browser, but fortunately it does not happen often and I tend to regard it as a quirky thing which adds to the individuality of SKY.