You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New computer advice

edited January 2016 in Poker Chat
Hi guys, need to invest in a new computer, I know nothing about them and am not sure what to get. I am gonna need to be able to play 9-12 tableys with left over space to do other stuff, multiple sites will be up and running and music playing at the same time, so gotta be able to run fast enough for no lagg or anything like that. It's also gotta be cheaper than a car! lol. Cheapest one that doesn't compromise quality. Def not a Mac as I hate them so much, I got a second screen but if I'm able to fit the 9-12 tables on original screen that would be good and do other stuff on other screen.

Names of computer or links would be great please, I seen one for £450 gamers but I didn't know the site so wasn't sure if could trust or not 

Comments

• edited January 2016

^^^^

Have a word - maybe via PM - with "noseybonk", he's well clued up on this stuff.

I could sell you my Spectrum ZX when I am done with it, if that helps?
  • edited January 2016
    There was a good thread about this very topic not long ago, perhaps those involved could bump it?

Mumsie was it you that started it?

I just converted to mac and have to say I love it, so no help here I'm afraid.
  • edited January 2016

^^^^

Perhaps this thread,
    HERE ?
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: New computer advice:
    ^^^^ Have a word - maybe via PM - with "noseybonk", he's well clued up on this stuff.   I could sell you my Spectrum ZX when I am done with it, if that helps?
    Posted by Tikay10

Thanks, what is a spectrum XZ. A computer? lol I will google it now haha
  • edited January 2016
  • edited January 2016

Eh? What's the problem with a Spectrum ZX? I like to keep ahead of the game, see.
  • edited January 2016
    Eh? What's the problem with a Spectrum ZX? I like to keep ahead of the game, see.
    Posted by Tikay10

You really should have upgraded to a QL by now. Get with it gramps :)

On the OP subject - I'm a bit out of touch with current tech (left the industry in 2012) but anything with a beefy i7 CPU, at least 8gb RAM and a nice fast hard drive (SSD preferable) should do the multi-tabling easily. Mine does and is about five years old. Oh, and a network/internet connection made out of wires ;-)

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: New computer advice : You really should have upgraded to a QL by now. Get with it gramps :) On the OP subject - I'm a bit out of touch with current tech (left the industry in 2012) but anything with a beefy i7 CPU, at least 8gb RAM and a nice fast hard drive (SSD preferable) should do the multi-tabling easily. Mine does and is about five years old. Oh, and a network/internet connection made out of wires ;-)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Definitely DEFINITELY this.

I'd only be guessing at the exact proportion, but a goodly % - way more than half -  of the complaints made about "poor connection" are by players using WiFi.

• edited January 2016
    Okay I will look into this. I will post my options in the next couple of weeks, hopefully you can approve or not ha thanks guys
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: New computer advice : Definitely DEFINITELY this. I'd only be guessing at the exact proportion, but a goodly % - way more than half -  of the complaints made about "poor connection" are by players using WiFi.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Don't even get me started on wireless. That's where my tilt exists.

• edited January 2016
    Have you ever considered stacking tables? i can play a very large amount of tables without any issue on a average laptop.
  • edited January 2016
    Have you ever considered stacking tables? i can play a very large amount of tables without any issue on a average laptop.
    Posted by Itsover4u
    Could you tell me a little bit more about stacking please tried to play 5 tables last night and I was all over the place hilarious for the wife to watch but I still managed to min cash on three 
  • edited January 2016
    Posted by Itsover4u

I cannot stack on sky, the limited time means im screwed if put to tough decision