You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Changes to the big Freerolls.

edited January 2016 in Poker Chat

Comments

• edited January 2016

Some changes this week, as follows;

The nightly (weekdays only) Rewards Freeroll will now award TEN x £110 Super Roller seats each night to this week's £30,000 Super Roller.

So it remains the usual £1,000 cash prize pool, but the Top Ten finishers all get a seat into this Sunday's (31st January) £30,000 Guaranteed Super Roller.

Entry criteria to the £1,000 Rewards Freeroll is 50 points in the prior calendar week.
  • edited January 2016

The daily UKPC Freeroll has been replaced this week with the "Double Rewards Freeroll".

The Top Finishers each evening (amount of prizes varies night to night) win a seat into the same evenings Double Guarantee Main Event.

Tonight, it awards 15 x £33 seats to the £20,000 Doubled Guarantee BH @8pm tonight. 

Tuesday, the Top 50 will all win a seat into the Turbo Tuesday Double Guarantee.

Wednesday will also award 50 seats to the Rebuy.  

And so on. Details of all the amount of seats per night to follow, but it seems to be around £500 worth each night. 

Entry requirement for the Double Rewards Freeroll is 20 points in the preceding 24 hours.

• edited January 2016

Very very good.

Sometimes when I read some of the negative threads about reward points etc. it reminds me of that Monty Python sketch....'what have the Romans done for us?'
  • edited January 2016

Note these are 2 different Freerolls, with confusingly similar titles.

They are shown in the lobby jobby as.....

"£1,000 Rewards Freeroll"

"Double Rewards FR"

Those startlingly original but effective names were decided upon after much careful deliberation.

• edited January 2016
    wow just wow

traffic in these will be huge!
  • edited January 2016
    Shouldn't it be £1100 reward freeroll?  I thought that 10 x £110 was £1100 not £1000 or has someone let Orford do the maths again?  :-)
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Changes to the big Freerolls.:
    Shouldn't it be £1100 reward freeroll?  I thought that 10 x £110 was £1100 not £1000 or has someone let Orford do the maths again?  :-)
    Posted by cenachav
    No, if anything it should be the £2,100 Freeroll.

It has always awarded a £1,000 Prize Pool in cash, & still does, plus seats to whatever, in this case, £1,100 worth, in addition to the £1,000 cash.
  • edited January 2016
    Additional!!!!

Ok, lets see them moan about this one!
  • edited January 2016
    Additional!!!! Ok, lets see them moan about this one!
    Posted by cenachav

I will step up to the plate....;)

7pm start freeroll for seats into the 8pm Main. Only draw back here is that the first one will not finish before the other one starts. Just an observation really, not a 'complaint' as such...ish.
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Changes to the big Freerolls. : I will step up to the plate....;) 7pm start freeroll for seats into the 8pm Main. Only draw back here is that the first one will not finish before the other one starts. Just an observation really, not a 'complaint' as such...ish.
    Posted by MAXALLY

Hi max

My guess is it prob will be finished. Its 3min blinds so wont much more than 50mins to an hour
  • edited January 2016
    the 8pm main has a long late reg  i hope as this freebie be atleast 1h.30 mins long. 
    wont matter to me as im playing shocking and be busted before the away guys ;)

some people do get having an opinion and moaning mixed up at times tho.
  • edited January 2016
    the 8pm main has a long late reg  i hope as this freebie be atleast 1h.30 mins long.  wont matter to me as im playing shocking and be busted before the away guys ;) some people do get having an opinion and moaning mixed up at times tho.
    Posted by dcod-muver

The late reg for the Main tonight is 8 levels (12 min levels). The point I was trying to make was it may have been better to award seats into a different night or even issue a tournament token to be used by the winners when convenient for them. 

I agree though that having an opinion on this forum sometimes gets treated as moaning in some quarters....even if you are trying to improve things for all.
  • edited January 2016
    i couldnt agree more max 

the turbo tomorrow might be a little tight on time. but if i manage to donk 1 seat this week ill be over the moon
  • edited January 2016
    Good evening all.
    I have to walk the dog at 19.00 hrs, is it possible to re- arrange tournament, to start at 19.42.
    All the best.
    Rainman397.
    P.S HAS ANYONE MENTIONED THE £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK YET.
  • edited January 2016
    i think you just did rainman the word on the street is that mr ambo neil channing himself will be playing the 220@220 again soon lets keep our eyes peeled in the forum
  • edited January 2016
    The daily UKPC Freeroll has been replaced this week with the " Double Rewards Freeroll ". The Top Finishers each evening (amount of prizes varies night to night) win a seat into the same evenings Double Guarantee Main Event. Tonight, it awards 15 x £33 seats to the £20,000 Doubled Guarantee BH @8pm tonight.  Tuesday, the Top 50 will all win a seat into the Turbo Tuesday Double Guarantee. Wednesday will also award 50 seats to the Rebuy.     And so on. Details of all the amount of seats per night to follow, but it seems to be around £500 worth each night.    Entry requirement for the Double Rewards Freeroll is 20 points in the preceding 24 hours.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    is the freebuy instead of the ukpc freeroll today as i cant find any other?

thanks

edit 
    facepalm its there - doh lol 
  • edited January 2016
    Good evening all. I have to walk the dog at 19.00 hrs, is it possible to re- arrange tournament, to start at 19.42. All the best. Rainman397. P.S HAS ANYONE MENTIONED THE £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK YET.
    Posted by rainman397
    I like to have a cup of tea and a bun at 2.20pm.  Any chance you can change this to the £2.30 @ 2.30 to accommodate me?
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Changes to the big Freerolls. : I like to have a cup of tea and a bun at 2.20pm.  Any chance you can change this to the £2.30 @ 2.30 to accommodate me?
    Posted by mattprawn
    Sigh at the high rollers trying to up the buy in fee ;)
  • edited January 2016
    don't know whether this is me or not but since yesterday my freeroll screen has been empty with a little message in top left saying no tournaments. i earned the 50 pts last week for the freerolls but now there is nothing not even the 10pt freerolls can somebody help thanks

ok just checked the list through IE and they are there is there an update to the downloadable client that i'm missing
  • edited January 2016
    mine was the filters which removes non register only torns. 
    maybe you have a few boxes ticked that u dont want?
  • edited January 2016
    Hi H, I see them at this time.

Maybe check again

• edited January 2016
    Good afternoon Matt.
    Enjoy your tea and bun, and late reg.
    All the best.
    Rainman397.
    P.S HAS ANYONE  MENTIONED THE £2.20  @2.20 YET.