You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Worth It?

edited January 2016 in Priority
I thought this month i'd try see what priority is about so got out the spin ups. Just achieved it, can anyone fill me in what there will be for me next month? any extras other than F/R. Was speaking to a priority reg he says its pretty worthless to people like me that isnt a massive points gainer. Like this months was the points race extra add on id never be able to compete with the sickos/ thanks

Comments

• edited January 2016
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Worth It?:
    anyone?
    Posted by ALTiltYou
    Some people put different values on the benefits of Priority.

As a bare minimum, you will receive 10% rakeback, on top of your weekly rewards, at the end of the month. That's quite a nice little boost, and it increases as you earn more points.

Additionally, you have access to Priority promotions. I agree that the points race isn't relevant for yourself, but as part of this promotion, all customers that earn 10,000 points in January are eligible for an extra freeroll, with 2 UKPC seats up for grabs. (There's a chance we'll add an extra one this month actually).

We have a month of extra rewards for Priority, and you'll get access to freerolls worth considerably more than the usual £3,000.

On top of this, you gain access to a dedicated service team, so no more waiting in line if you need to get in touch.

Finally, you get an account manager, who can help out with any problems or questions.

• edited January 2016
    Thanks JP, well i know if at the end it isnt benificial for me then i can just give it a miss :). Where will it say every freeroll and everything that happening for priority next month? Also will i get rakeback on the amount ive earnt after becoming priority or isit just in the month of feb.
  • edited January 2016
    Thanks JP, well i know if at the end it isnt benificial for me then i can just give it a miss :). Where will it say every freeroll and everything that happening for priority next month? Also will i get rakeback on the amount ive earnt after becoming priority or isit just in the month of feb.
  • edited January 2016

deffo worth being in it apart from the freerolls u get the extra 10% of rackback  on top of your weekly payouts.

• edited January 2016
    Hi ALTiltYou,

Well done on achieving your goal of making priority :)

Just as a general comment, the higher your status, the better the deals you will get per point.  You are probably already aware of this anyway but thought I'd say, and go to:

Promotions > 
    Sky Poker Rewards 
    and then click priority on the left to see all the benefits.

The freerolls for priority club I think would be awesome value for someone in your situation as a bonus bankroll builder.

The reason being that, and I may be wrong so sorry if I am, if you are aiming towards 10k points per month then probably you are playing the lower end of stakes and the amount you can win in these freerolls could be the equivilant to 1-10 stacks at your normal games, which is a pretty significant boost.  Doing say 3 of these a week would only add upwards variance to your bankroll.

Another benefit is that most of the players that get to like 30K+ points per month just don't bother with the freerolls as they see it more valuable to be on their normal tables (generally the 30K+ points per month players are on the higher end of the stakes) if they are playing.  So there is a lot of players sitting out, not registering these games or not playing them very seriously at all because they are freerolls.

I get to 50K points + every month, the points and promotions for me are just bonuses.  It's important to remember that and not lose focus.  I rarely play the freerolls for the reason mentioned above.

I feel like Sky looks after their priority players well, I check other sites regulary to compare the rakeback, bonuses and promotions to ensure I am getting a deal I am happy with.

If there is specific promotions on then yea I will organise and prepare my time at the tables so that I am able to improve my chances of getting an additional reward, but generally bonuses...they are just bonuses!  They shouldn't be your high level goal or focus in my opinion. However, they are good to use as a guideline or target for how many hours you play per day/week/month.  

So an example of this, for say your situation AlTiltYou, if you are serious about building your bankroll long term, I would say use the priority club targets set yourself two objectives to focus on:

1) Get to priority (10k points) every month, which equates to average XXX hours per day and 
    2) Play at least 3 priority free rolls per week once achieved priority*

Easy.

I don't actually know how many priority club freerolls there are per week (lol), but find out and edit it accordingly based on something realistic for your situation.

Those would be good targets imo towards a higher level goal of whatever your $$$ goals are for your bankroll.  This is how I would build my bankroll if I had limited resources (time/money/ability).  I would also (and did) invest in coaching! So PM me if you are interested in coaching ha :)

Gl and hope this helps!

Steve (24Caliber)

• edited January 2016

That's a terrific post by Steve.

For AlTiltYou, the Priority Page which Steve mentioned is
    HERE
  • edited January 2016
    I have to say Sky are the best for the community feel, live events and also the treatment you get from JP and co. If you're close to hitting 10k i'd defo recommend you focus bit more of your play on Sky, i doubt you'd  get the kind of personal service you get here elsewhere.
  • edited January 2016
    Good post and replies, I will make a final push for 10k points this month
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Worth It?:
    Hi ALTiltYou, Well done on achieving your goal of making priority :) Just as a general comment, the higher your status, the better the deals you will get per point.  You are probably already aware of this anyway but thought I'd say, and go to: Promotions />  Sky Poker Rewards  and then click priority on the left to see all the benefits. The freerolls for priority club I think would be awesome value for someone in your situation as a bonus bankroll builder. The reason being that, and I may be wrong so sorry if I am, if you are aiming towards 10k points per month then probably you are playing the lower end of stakes and the amount you can win in these freerolls could be the equivilant to 1-10 stacks at your normal games, which is a pretty significant boost.  Doing say 3 of these a week would only add upwards variance to your bankroll. Another benefit is that most of the players that get to like 30K+ points per month just don't bother with the freerolls as they see it more valuable to be on their normal tables (generally the 30K+ points per month players are on the higher end of the stakes) if they are playing.  So there is a lot of players sitting out, not registering these games or not playing them very seriously at all because they are freerolls. I get to 50K points + every month, the points and promotions for me are just bonuses.  It's important to remember that and not lose focus.  I rarely play the freerolls for the reason mentioned above. I feel like Sky looks after their priority players well, I check other sites regulary to compare the rakeback, bonuses and promotions to ensure I am getting a deal I am happy with. If there is specific promotions on then yea I will organise and prepare my time at the tables so that I am able to improve my chances of getting an additional reward, but generally bonuses...they are just bonuses!  They shouldn't be your high level goal or focus in my opinion. However, they are good to use as a guideline or target for how many hours you play per day/week/month.   So an example of this, for say your situation AlTiltYou, if you are serious about building your bankroll long term, I would say use the priority club targets set yourself two objectives to focus on: 1) Get to priority (10k points) every month, which equates to average XXX hours per day and  2) Play at least 3 priority free rolls per week once achieved priority* Easy. I don't actually know how many priority club freerolls there are per week (lol), but find out and edit it accordingly based on something realistic for your situation. Those would be good targets imo towards a higher level goal of whatever your $$$ goals are for your bankroll.  This is how I would build my bankroll if I had limited resources (time/money/ability).  I would also (and did) invest in coaching! So PM me if you are interested in coaching ha :) Gl and hope this helps! Steve (24Caliber)
    Posted by 24Caliber
    Quality post 24Caliber.