You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poker, & its magic moments

edited January 2016 in Poker Chat

Here's a new Blog, which can be seen on "Latest News", HERE

Comments

• edited January 2016

The first part of that Blog refers to poker's "magic moments" - flopping a set, that sort of thing, & that lovely feeling it gives us.

What are your favourite "magic moments" in poker?

And the best poker magic moment you ever had?

• edited January 2016

In the comments section, Stokey asked if I was correct to list Isle of Man as a country.

Very good point, and he may be correct.

Strictly speaking, it is a self governing Briitish Crown dependency. In checking this, I learn that the Head of State is called "Lord of Mann", and that position is currently held by.......Her Majesty the Queen.

Isn't that interesting?
  • edited January 2016
    I love stufc like this

Do you know the head of state is allowed to be Roman Catholic. Astonishing in these times of PC.
  • edited January 2016
    i thought after i commented that it could be a country as the likes of scotland and wales are countries but then i thought about the IOW  jersey and gurnsey still i still think the locals of them isles class themselves as countries "i know i would" abit like the cornish :)
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Poker, & its magic moments:
    i thought after i commented that it could be a country as the likes of scotland and wales are countries but then i thought about the IOW  jersey and gurnsey still i still think the locals of them isles class themselves as countries "i know i would" abit like the cornish :)
    Posted by stokefc
    I think Jersey and Guerspnsey are countries, in that they are not part of the United Kingdom.

Not so much IoW, which is not even a county, it is part of Hampshire.

• edited January 2016

I wonder what happened to that chap who used to get really exercised when non poker topics were posted on this board?

He used to get really cross, double and triple salkos galore.

In fact, he never posted about anything else, ever. Each post would be littered with profanities, usually with the help of asterisks and suchlike. He did get extremely cross about it.
  • edited January 2016
    i thought the channel isles were part of the uk i only think that cuz they were the only part of britain occupied by the nazis
    i may be wrong
  • edited January 2016
    i thought the channel isles were part of the uk i only think that cuz they were the only part of britain occupied by the nazis i may be wrong
    Posted by stokefc
    Jersey is not part of the United Kingdom, but the UK are responsible for its defence.

Guernsey is similar, but not identical, in these respects.
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Poker, & its magic moments : Jersey is not part of the United Kingdom, but the UK are responsible for its defence. Guernsey is similar, but not identical, in these respects.
    Posted by Tikay10
    ahh gotchya
  • edited January 2016
    What are your favourite "magic moments" in poker? 
    And the best poker magic moment you ever had?  
    Posted by Tikay10

And we're back on track....
    Gonna sound cheesy.. BUT when I first started playing on Skypoker there was a really small stakes nightly poker tourny which I played to get the "hang of things" poker-wise.  I have a real love affair (think Rosemary) for this tourney and altho I can/do play much higher stakes now I play this tourney when I can & get a "magic moment" when it loads and I get to see who I'm playing against.  As I did in the "old" days I always browse to see where folks are from.....sad, I know.... 
    Also, being to the left of TK in a PLO8 is magic.

Best magic moment --- 2nd in the superroller for £3k.  Ran like Insane Usain....

Edit.. Had another magic moment in the "mini" tonite....

• edited January 2016
    One off my favourite things is during a showdown shouting for a card when you are miles behind and it miracously appears on the river
    worst watching your opponents cards when your far in front and shouting not to see his card and it appears life's funny that way ;.)

• edited January 2016
    I don't get this moment too often as I don't play cash much and it involves winning, but it happened last night and reminded me of this thread...

At the end of a cash session, when you have clicked sit out next BB and that last hand is dealt and you have a monster. You raise and get action such that it is all in pre and you win a big pot.

• edited January 2016
    I don't get this moment too often as I don't play cash much and it involves winning, but it happened last night and reminded me of this thread... At the end of a cash session, when you have clicked sit out next BB and that last hand is dealt and you have a monster. You raise and get action such that it is all in pre and you win a big pot.
    Posted by Phantom66
    They normally go the other way. You're satisfied with your session and have made a few bob. You say to yourself that you'll just play until the blinds come round. You get aces, you lose, why didn't I just stand?
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Poker, & its magic moments : They normally go the other way. You're satisfied with your session and have made a few bob. You say to yourself that you'll just play until the blinds come round. You get aces, you lose, why didn't I just stand?
    Posted by Jac35
    I know, which is what makes it all the more magic when it goes well. My hand was PLO cash, posted in my diary, not even much of a sweat.

It makes up those times a sessions results are crushed by the last hand. Whether it be coolered, outdrawn, or usually in my case overplaying a marginal OOP just because it is your last hand.
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Poker, & its magic moments : I know, which is what makes it all the more magic when it goes well. My hand was PLO cash, posted in my diary, not even much of a sweat. It makes up those times a sessions results are crushed by the last hand. Whether it be coolered, outdrawn, or usually in my case overplaying a marginal OOP just because it is your last hand.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Don't know if it's a good thing or bad I didn't even know there was a cash game for plo8 

• edited January 2016
    My first magic moment has been well documented ( Playing Wsop main event for 0 outlay )
    My second was winning my fav tourney on sky - the £2,Deepstack out of the free £10 we get on joining, great feeling then and now.
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Poker, & its magic moments : Don't know if it's a good thing or bad I didn't even know there was a cash game for plo8 
    Posted by weecheez1
    Plo8 cash doesnt run very often and with split pots and rake it's hard to beat. I stick to dyms and the occasional mtt.

Last night was PLO. 4 cards but standard holdem hands. Bit more traffic on those.
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Poker, & its magic moments : Plo8 cash doesnt run very often and with split pots and rake it's hard to beat. I stick to dyms and the occasional mtt. Last night was PLO. 4 cards but standard holdem hands. Bit more traffic on those.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Nah sounds to dangerous for me lol
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Poker, & its magic moments : Nah sounds to dangerous for me lol
    Posted by weecheez1
    Probably a wise move. We sometimes have a social game on the november nine table. The craic is good but usually not great for the bankroll.