You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A farewell to all.

2»

Comments

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: A farewell to all.:
    In Response to Re: A farewell to all. :   Live poker...... rigged obv.
    Posted by pomfrittes

totally agree dealers wanted to go home the other night when it was heads up dealt kk to chip leader and qq to the shortstack.
    rigged 
  • edited May 2016
    of course its rigged usual sky favs always get what they need when they need it go.s way past variance
    tt
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: A farewell to all. :   Live poker...... rigged obv.
    Posted by pomfrittes
    Must admit I did get one occassion where you would have thought the dealer was helping out a table player.

I did a bet this second guy raised then a short stack goes all in, I then min reraise and see the other player go all in. Having saw this player open raise then ch the flop I knew bottom set was beaten but before I had chance to fold the dealer decided to deal the river.

I got the manager over and he was on my side stating that as long as chips were outside the ring they are still not in play therefore I could keep them
  • edited May 2016
    I actually looked into playing backgammon online for money, the problem is it's a solved game, not much action at all and you'll likely play against someone cheating
  • edited May 2016

I can play crib if that is ok ,15 2 15 4 shut your mouth and say no ,my late father thought me how to play the game

• edited May 2016
    I can play crib if that is ok ,15 2 15 4 shut your mouth and say no ,my late father thought me how to play the game
    Posted by paige55
    missed the more our there sorry dad xx
  • edited May 2016
    edAnd please remove my posts if I have offended anyone and not the hole thread  thanks paige
  • edited May 2016
    just seems to happen if I post on a thread, so if you wish to delete me do so regards paige x
  • edited May 2016
    I find these posts kinda sad. You've had a downswing for 7months. Why not focus on the fact your ROI is 35% in 3,369 games?  thats decent. Thats the stats you should be focussing on. Tournament poker has soo much variance. Stay the course. Your move.
  • edited May 2016

For some inexplicable reason, this thread bumped itself yesterday, there had not been a post since early March, & it was languishing many pages back.

It then bumped itself onto Page 1, & it was AFTER that when Craig posted, & somehow the thread re-started.

For the record, the OP returned to Sky Poker some time ago, & is still playing here, happily so as far as I know. He's a Sunderland fan, so maybe life is looking up for him.

Stand by your beds, carry on, as you were, nothing to see here & all that.

• edited May 2016
    For some inexplicable reason, this thread bumped itself yesterday, there had not been a post since early March, & it was languishing many pages back.   It then bumped itself onto Page 1, & it was AFTER that when Craig posted, & somehow the thread re-started. For the record, the OP returned to Sky Poker some time ago, & is still playing here, happily so as far as I know. He's a Sunderland fan, so maybe life is looking up for him.   Stand by your beds, carry on, as you were, nothing to see here & all that.   
    Posted by Tikay10

It will have been a banned poster trying to make a reply. No one sees the post but the thread gets bumped :)

• edited May 2016

^^^^

Ahh yes, of course, that would explain it, the "BOZO" thing. It's the one really good thing about this Forum software. Chat-banned players can still post, but nobody can see their posts. It must make them a bit cross when nobody replies to them. ;)  
  • edited May 2016
    Gives me an idea for when I do get banned though 
    Might just bump 50 threads from 5 years ago
  • edited November 2016
    Bump*

Well folks I'm back. To be honest I didnt have a break because of varience/running bad etc. I've played, and been around the game for long enough to know about upswings and downswings and totally accept them. If I'm being totally honest I was bored with the game. Years ago i could play 10 hour sessions for 10 days straight and still go to work 5 days a week. Now, if i play a full session one day the last thing i want to do is play the next. As well as that, I found myself being the table dcik, They all have one and that was me for a while. (Which isnt even me). Throw in my gripes i had with issues with software and I knew a break was in order. I did play the odd dym once in a while when I got the urge but its taken until now to really get my appetite back. So, its been a couple of weeks now and things are going ok,  and although a bit rusty, I've had a few deep runs and a win. Some things on here dont seem to change though, I'm having issues with the software on both the download and browser and Matt Bates still runs like Flo Jo and Usain Bolt's love child. 

Ps: Even if i didnt fancy coming back i just had to as I miss Stuarty too much.
  • edited November 2016
    welcome back and we all have bad times for a while , and we all have the same problem of Matt Bates winning nearly all flips :-)
  • edited November 2016
    flipping against matt bates is at least a 30 70 in his favour .. definitely the worst person to get it in against pre flop haha