You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

prio ukpc help

edited February 2016 in Priority

Priority UKPC Freeroll Terms & Conditions

1. The freeroll will take place on Thursday 4th February 2016 at 19:30, with one hour of late registration.

2. To gain access to these freerolls, players must have earned 10,000 poker points in January.

3. The freeroll will have a £2,000 prizepool, plus four seats to the £1,000,000 Sky Poker UK Poker Championships worth £1,100 each.

4. There will be no cash or alternative prize for any player that cannot attend or has already won a UKPC seat. The prize, should this instance occur, will be awarded to the next eligible player.

I am very upset if this is true not to get cash eqq for seat feel im being punished for playing sats from start also there are other players in this that already have seat. surely this can not be right this was the only reason I tried hard to hit prio. I no the people who don't have seats will be happy but imo this is a joke.

Comments

• edited February 2016

Yo Dog Bloke,

I've passed that upstairs for comment.

Bear with them please, it may be tomorrow before they respond, as they are all a bit busy today.  
  • edited February 2016
    Would like to hear back about this too, I definitely wanted to play the freeroll as it's one of the benefits of Prio and wouldn't be fair to take that away because you won a seat through satellites already.
  • edited February 2016
    I feel inclined to agree. Participating in satellites I've payed an entry fee for should not obstruct me from having the same chance to win a seat as others who have not played the satellites. It sounds very much like I'm being punished for guaranteeing a seat earlier. If it weren't for people like me playing these satellites i would strongly suspect there would have been overlay in these satellites costing sky money. I also agree that this freeroll was one of the reasons I pushed for points too.
  • edited February 2016
    If I was in all those shoes, I'd be very disappointed. They should have every right to play for the same prize or equivalent just because they sat'D in with there own money. If they freeroll'D in then I'd understand but they didn't and it does look
    Unfair unless sky advertised this would happen before hand. I haven't qualified and will be hoping to sat into it through this freeroll only, so once sorted Gl guys
  • edited February 2016

Whoa there, slow down guys.

They don't set out to diddle anyone when they set these things up, but sometimes different things clash, & it happens. It's not intentional. If you have been reading the Forum this week, you'll know how difficult it is becoming to give away stuff without offending at least someone.

They set out to be as fair as they can to everyone, consistent with giving players here really good value, & at the same time, growing the site. 

They never deliberately pull the wool over player's eyes, why would they?

More follows.......

• edited February 2016

So, back to Mr Dog Bloke's original question.

That T & C has now been AMENDED to read as follows; (my enboldenment, to highlight the amendment).

"4. There will be no cash or alternative prize for any player that cannot attend or has already won a UKPC seat via another Priority promotion. The prize, should this instance occur, will be awarded to the next eligible player. Players will receive a £1,100 cash alternative, should they win a UKPC after qualifying through a satellite."
  • edited February 2016

So, if you won a seat via Satellite, & you win another in the Prio Freroll on Thursday, you'll get the cash alternative.

However, if you won a UKPC seat via a Prio Promo already, you can't win another, & you won't get the cash alternative.

Butch: So we cool?

Marsellus: Yeah, we cool.
  • edited February 2016
    Thanks for getting this sorted out Tikay
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: prio ukpc help:
    Thanks for getting this sorted out Tikay
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    Appreciated groggy, ty, but I never sorted anything, just carried messages back & forth.
  • edited February 2016
    Well - Can I just say that I'm gutted the t&cs have been "amended" after the qualifying criteria have been met?  

I mean - honestly - up until now I was fully expecting to be the only player registered for this freeroll for the free seat as I'm sure every one else has already qualified so I had a 100% chance of winning a seat.

Now I'm back down to approx a 0.0000002 chance :(

PS - Before I get shot - I WAS ONLY JOKINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG  
  • edited February 2016

Afternoon.

Apologies for the confusion, mixed messages, crossed wires, & any other suitable analogies of similar ilk.

The matter has now been resolved, as below.

More follows......

• edited February 2016

As there was a discrepancy between the Promo Blurb, & the T & C's, the £2,000 Prize Pool has now been added, & is shown accordingly in the Tourney Lobby.

The Promo Page has been edited to reflect this amendment, too.

So, to clarify, the prizes & money are........

4 x £1,100 Sky Poker UKPC seats. 

£2,000 cash prize pool.

The £2,000 cash prize pool will be paid out based on the standard payout structure in use at Sky Poker, with 1st place getting most, in addition to the UKPC seat. In answer to a suggestion elsewhere, payouts will NOT start at 5th place, it'll be paid out just like any other MTT.

Any other questions, fire away. 

Hope everyone is now comfortable with this.    
  • edited February 2016

• edited February 2016
    Posted by Tikay10
    thank u sir cant wait to catch up at ukpc in feb.
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: prio ukpc help : thank u sir cant wait to catch up at ukpc in feb.
    Posted by rspca12
    You bet.

Can you stop addressing me as "Sir", though? Old people are addressed as "Sir", I'm a Bro, a dude, pretty fly for a white guy sort.

• edited February 2016
    I purposely left the satellite's alone because I thought if I won one then I wouldn't be able to win one via the Prio promotion. (as I'm sure has happened in previous situations) Now I wish I'd at least had a dabble at trying to win one through the sat's :(
  • edited February 2016
    yo tikay, when will we know what day we have to play from winning a rake race seat? is the day changeable? 
  • edited February 2016
    yo tikay, when will we know what day we have to play from winning a rake race seat? is the day changeable? 
    Posted by DAVEMCDAID
    Think the default day is Saturday for all qualifers but you can get this changed if you have a preference for another day
  • edited February 2016
    Posted by DAVEMCDAID
    Yo.

Groggy sums it up - you are automatically defaulted into Day 1c - the Saturday. That's designed to make it better for the Sky Poker recreationals, it saves them having to take a day off work, unless, of course, they make the Final on the Monday.

If you prefer to play on 1a (Thursday) or 1b (Friday), fine, no problem at all, just let me know in advance & I'll sort it.

Alternatively, turn up early on your preferred day, & come see Tighty or myself, & we'll sort it then.

In truth, the more players who move to the Thursday or the Friday the better as far as I am concerned, as Saturday will be heaving, & the place will be rammed.

Also note - & perhaps you are ahead of me here - that if you bust on Thursday &/or Friday, you can re-enter the following day. However, Day1c has no re-entry option.

Anyway, let me know if I can help further, & come see me when you are at DTD & tell me how you earn all those points. Over 101,000 in a single month? You gotta be kidding me.  

• edited February 2016
    I purposely left the satellite's alone because I thought if I won one then I wouldn't be able to win one via the Prio promotion. (as I'm sure has happened in previous situations) Now I wish I'd at least had a dabble at trying to win one through the sat's :(
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Yo Tennis Bloke,

To be honest, I can genuinely see your point there.

It was originally set up in the way you describe, but as you can see from this thread, RSPCA (who seemed a tad angry), Lambo, Groggy & Al all suggested it was grossly unfair. So Sky Poker took a look at it & made the decision to amend the T & C's to accommodate their wishes.

It's not easy for Sky Poker at the moment, they are being incredibly generous with all these Promos, Freerolls & Prizes (imo), but are still getting flak from a handful of players. Maybe I should leave you to debate it with them. ;)

Anyway, hope you get a seat sorted, be good to see you there. It starts 3 weeks today, ooohhhhh.

• edited February 2016
    ha ha cheers tikay. il prob play the saturday then. sounds good to me, LOL just lots of tables and lots of hours ! i have no idea how alvez got as many as he did.  fairplay to him!
  • edited February 2016

Anyone know who got the 4 UKPC seats?

It does not seem to be on SS, so I have no way of finding out.
  • edited February 2016
    Anyone know who got the 4 UKPC seats? It does not seem to be on SS, so I have no way of finding out.
    Posted by Tikay10

1lJAMESl - £559 + £1,000,000 UKPC2LmfaoAllin - £341 + £1,000,000 UKPC3Goose60 - £210 + £1,000,000 UKPC4TMT_TBE - £169 + £1,000,000 UKPC
  • edited February 2016

Ahh, thanks hhamza, & many congrats to.....

Lmfaoallin

Goose60

TMT_TBE

Pretty_Boy

That's a cracking result for those 4, & not a bad bonus for Sky Poker Priority players - that Freeroll was worth £6,400.
  • edited February 2016

Quick aside here, but an acquaintance of mine was asking me about Priority last week, & wanted to know the "rakeback %" to use his words.

I tried at length to explain that here at Sky Poker, it does not work that way, never has & never will, but that there are other collateral benefits he should consider. It can't all be explained in a single % figure, & it's not all tangible.

He was having none of it though, he thinks he is better off getting x% at I-Poker. Good luck with that mate.