You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Last Man Standing, free to enter comp. £44 worth of Main Event entries to be won.

123457»

Comments

• edited February 2016

Just want to say well done to Groggy & Rob for the spirit in which they played it out at the end. That is exactly what we want with these little fun comps, & this Forum is in dire need of more of that, & less negativity.

Thanks guys, you exactly get it.

• edited February 2016

We'll do another as soon as I can find the time, things are a bit hectic at the mo, but if I can organise myself, I'll maybe start another this weekend. 

We'll certainly try & do one around the Cheltenham Festival, too.  
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Last Man Standing, free to enter comp. £44 worth of Main Event entries to be won.:
    I'm at last sorting out the winners prizes for this, my apologies for the delay, the week got away from me what with this & that. Winner -   FeelGroggy . He wins a £33 Main Event seat. I await which night he wishes to play. Runner-up - Aussie09 - he wins a £11 Turbo Tuesday Main Event seat. Sky Poker are also going to give scouse-red a Free Turbo Tuesday Main Event seat for all his hard work collating the lists. I never asked him to do it, he just got on with it, & saved me a ton of time. Well done all, it was a fun sweat, & it'd be even better if any of the prize winners went in to cash, or even win.    
    Posted by Tikay10

thank you tikay

• edited February 2016
    wow thank you tikay, I didn't expect that, I really only do it to try and help a bit and use up a bit of spare time, so again thank you very much
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Last Man Standing, free to enter comp. £44 worth of Main Event entries to be won.:
    491 people entered so I was closer. Would i be able to have entry to the one on Sunday as I wouldn't be able to play one till then? Thanks again this was a fun little thing to do, I feel slightly guilty in a way as its a tournament I'd have played anyway but I suppose it's a reward for the victor, although it'd be nice to see somebody who wouldn't usually play win the next one. A little game of higher/ lower and you can win £33? and people complain about freerolls on sky ... ;-)
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    On which note, as you know, there was quite a hoohah from players who could not enter that £5,000 "sorry, we had a bad weekend" Freeroll.

One guy who posted & got a bit uppity - "I shan't be coming back" etc., I looked up on SS. 

Last played on Sky Poker - 14/6/2010

First game played on Sky Poker - 14/6/2-010

Total games, lifetime, played on Sky Poker - 1

Game played - 25p SNG. 

Total margin paid - 5p.

Value per player in that Freeroll was £2, 40 times greater than his accumulated margin.  

And he turns up on that night, of all nights. And was not inconvenienced over the weekend, as he'd not been near the place for almost 6 years.

Amazing how much negativity arises when Sky Poker give money away.

• edited February 2016
    Just want to say well done to Groggy & Rob for the spirit in which they played it out at the end. That is exactly what we want with these little fun comps, & this Forum is in dire need of more of that, & less negativity.   Thanks guys, you exactly get it .  
    Posted by Tikay10

^^^^^ this +1

• edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Last Man Standing, free to enter comp. £44 worth of Main Event entries to be won. : Hi Groggy, Which £33 game on Sunday do you mean? Is there a £33 game on Sunday? Apologies if there is, but nothing comes immediately to mind.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I believe there's a £33 bounty hunter at 7.30pm on Sundays, perhaps i'm mistaken. I know it technically isn't the 'main' as the roller takes that accolade. If not then Monday would also be fine I would imagine. Thanks again for doing the competition and good luck to Rob and Scouse in their respective £11 tournaments
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Last Man Standing, free to enter comp. £44 worth of Main Event entries to be won. : On which note, as you know, there was quite a hoohah from players who could not enter that £5,000 "sorry, we had a bad weekend" Freeroll. One guy who posted & got a bit uppity - "I shan't be coming back" etc., I looked up on SS.  Last played on Sky Poker - 14/6/2010 First game played on Sky Poker - 14/6/2-010 Total games, lifetime, played on Sky Poker - 1 Game played - 25p SNG.  Total margin paid - 5p. Value per player in that Freeroll was £2, 40 times greater than his accumulated margin.    And he turns up on that night, of all nights. And was not inconvenienced over the weekend, as he'd not been near the place for almost 6 years. Amazing how much negativity arises when Sky Poker give money away.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yeah its surprising how many people will come out just for a freeroll, and they're usually the first ones to berate sky if they don't get in/ get bad beat and have a strange sense of entitlement. They don't realise that sky is a business and freeroll's are simply to reward their customers. Playing one game in 2010 and contributing 5p to skys pockets doesn't really constitute as 'customer'.
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Last Man Standing, free to enter comp. £44 worth of Main Event entries to be won. : I believe there's a £33 bounty hunter at 7.30pm on Sundays, perhaps i'm mistaken. I know it technically isn't the 'main' as the roller takes that accolade. If not then Monday would also be fine I would imagine. Thanks again for doing the competition and good luck to Rob and Scouse in their respective £11 tournaments
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    Ha, my bad, sorry.

And yes, its not a Main Event, but it does not matter, it amounts to the same thing.

I'll get it sorted.
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Last Man Standing, free to enter comp. £44 worth of Main Event entries to be won. : I believe there's a £33 bounty hunter at 7.30pm on Sundays, perhaps i'm mistaken. I know it technically isn't the 'main' as the roller takes that accolade. If not then Monday would also be fine I would imagine. Thanks again for doing the competition and good luck to Rob and Scouse in their respective £11 tournaments
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    Sorry to be a pain Groggy, but I can't find that MTT in tonight's schedule. Am I missing something? Spectacles, maybe?

Shall I arrange it for the Monday evening Main Event instead?
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Last Man Standing, free to enter comp. £44 worth of Main Event entries to be won. : Sorry to be a pain Groggy, but I can't find that MTT in tonight's schedule. Am I missing something? Spectacles, maybe? Shall I arrange it for the Monday evening Main Event instead?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Specsavers?

£5,000 B/Hunter

Tournament Starts In

Starts At
      19:30
      Late Reg for
      96 Minutes
      Buy-In
      £30 + £3
      Prize Pool
      £5000
      Registered
      0 / 1000
      Chips
      Blind Limits
      12 Minutes
    • edited February 2016

^^^^

Plot lost - OFFICIAL.

Thanks Mick, no idea how I missed that.

I'll now try & organise Groggy's entry.

• edited February 2016

Request for Free Entry tonight for Groggy now sent.
    • edited February 2016

BOOMIO, sorted.

Good luck Groggy.

FeelGroggy5000
    • edited February 2016
      BOOMIO, sorted. Good luck Groggy. FeelGroggy 5000 0 
      Posted by Tikay10
      Thanks Tikay :-) Also that's one to many 0's unless i get 10x starting stack, in which case I won't complain