You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Freerolls

edited February 2016 in Poker Chat
First of all i want to make the point that I think that Sky are very generous with their current rewards / freerolls / promos, etc.

In particular I think the £20K billionth hand freeroll was a great gesture and provided some fantastic prizes for the players involved.

However, I rarely play the freerolls.

And the main reason is that I can't 'play' any more than 2-3 open tables at any given time and I tend to play the main / mini and one of the £55 BH most nights. Therefore, I tend to overlook the freeroll to not have the added distraction this may cause by having too many open tables.

This got me thinking if other regular players avoided the daily freerolls for similar reasons, I've no idea if that is the case or not.

I just wondered if there would be any merit to having a weekly freeroll i.e. with £5K of prizes instead of the £1K daily freeroll. Or even going to a monthly option and have a £20K prize pool as per the billionth hand incentive.

I'm sure there are many valid reasons why Sky would want to have freerolls on a daily basis but just wondered what other thought regarding weekly or even a monthly freeroll as an alternative.

Thoughts?

Comments

• edited February 2016
    I generally play 3-6 tables, the ones with the bigger prizepools obviously taking priority so i normally only play the daily freeroll if I bust one or two early on, I think more people would be inclined to play them if they were once a week/month but also it would upset a lot of people who cannot play on the night they are scheduled for.
  • edited February 2016
    I rarely play the daily freerolls as they start too early for me. When I do play them I'm very likely to play other games and stay on the site all night, so I guess there's your answer.
  • edited February 2016
    noooo i need my daily freerolls my BR is 2 figures most of the time i hardly play the major tournies unless i get lucky in a 1.60 sat,i don,t know but i,m guessing most recs aint got the BR so use the freerolls to top up if they get lucky imho
  • edited February 2016

Oi Oi Saveloy...

I love sky  evening freerolls.

Nice one sausage!!
  • edited February 2016

Freerolls are funny tournies. Some players just shove with any 2 on their first hand hoping to hit and increase their stack
    and because its a freeroll with no cash involved they dont care one way or the other.
    In other cases, some use them to increase their B/R, and use their winnings to enter other tournies or on the cash tables.
    I use them, as much as I can ( now the BIG BRAG )
    In the Winter Givaway, 997 / 998 / 1,000,000 freerolls
    I managed to win £40, a hoodie, £182, £60 and £40 ALL ON FREEROLLS
    nOW IF THERE WAS EVER A CASE TO ENTER, THIS IS IT.
    Along with the holdem, I enter the Omaha at 1730 each day, its a game I really enjoy, its only £5 freeroll, but so far I have won it 5 times. So stay away from this one, Less players more chance for me to win.
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Freerolls:
    noooo i need my daily freerolls my BR is 2 figures most of the time i hardly play the major tournies unless i get lucky in a 1.60 sat,i don,t know but i,m guessing most recs aint got the BR so use the freerolls to top up if they get lucky imho
    Posted by stokefc
    pretty much this
    id imagine the 1400 ish runners the 1k daily freeroll gets might have some issues aswell
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Freerolls:
    First of all i want to make the point that I think that Sky are very generous with their current rewards / freerolls / promos, etc. In particular I think the £20K billionth hand freeroll was a great gesture and provided some fantastic prizes for the players involved. However, I rarely play the freerolls. And the main reason is that I can't 'play' any more than 2-3 open tables at any given time and I tend to play the main / mini and one of the £55 BH most nights. Therefore, I tend to overlook the freeroll to not have the added distraction this may cause by having too many open tables. This got me thinking if other regular players avoided the daily freerolls for similar reasons, I've no idea if that is the case or not. I just wondered if there would be any merit to having a weekly freeroll i.e. with £5K of prizes instead of the £1K daily freeroll. Or even going to a monthly option and have a £20K prize pool as per the billionth hand incentive. I'm sure there are many valid reasons why Sky would want to have freerolls on a daily basis but just wondered what other thought regarding weekly or even a monthly freeroll as an alternative. Thoughts?
    Posted by Lightwood
    LOVE well thought out posts like this, well done.

Some good, mixed feedback already.

What could be better?

Let's see how the thread develops later today, then I'll respond wearing my battered DA hat.
  • edited February 2016
    When the Rewards scheme changed and the Rewards FRs were announced I was a little sceptical, as I was in the "won't get to play them - doesn't suit me camp". It turns out I do manage to play at least a couple a week and they are certainly worth more than than the 50p equivalent rewards I would get for the qualifying 50 points.

In terms of bigger freerolls, of course people would like those too. I bagged a £20 and £8 from a couple of milly ones but sadly bricked the £20k one.

As it happens this week and all of February there will be weekly £5k freerolls from the 5 a day promotion, so let's see how they pan out.

I would imagine that if more people play more days and try different formats of the game to qualify, then they will have done their job and Sky will do similar things in the future.
  • edited February 2016
    I think they are better to have lots of small ones so smaller BR players see more benefit. The big freeroll on Saturday was good but should be a one off rather than a regular thing. 
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Freerolls:
    I think they are better to have lots of small ones so smaller BR players see more benefit. The big freeroll on Saturday was good but should be a one off rather than a regular thing. 
    Posted by MattBates
    +1
  • edited February 2016
    On a seperate note - how about the odd Ohama freeroll - surely this gives all players the chance to sample this game for 'no risk'. I quite like the occasional game but still can't get me head around the hi lo version.

I will try and give the freerolls a go this week, I must admit it's gone under my radar that the winner gets a UKPC seat - again that's a really generous incentive.

I'll try and bring my B game tonight (as I don't have an A game) and grab a UKPC seat, I've always wanted to do a live Sky gig.

:)

• edited February 2016
    On a seperate note - how about the odd Ohama freeroll - surely this gives all players the chance to sample this game for 'no risk'. I quite like the occasional game but still can't get me head around the hi lo version.

I will try and give the freerolls a go this week, I must admit it's gone under my radar that the winner gets a UKPC seat - again that's a really generous incentive.

I'll try and bring my B game tonight (as I don't have an A game) and grab a UKPC seat, I've always wanted to do a live Sky gig.

:)