You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Wrong fold?

GODMAN Sit out     
andyj50 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £1.43
stoneyb515 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £9.25
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

Dudeskin8 Raise  £0.20 £0.26 £3.70
frez Call  £0.20 £0.46 £0.90
yorkie11 Fold     
mingche Fold     
Andy134 Fold     
MacLik Fold     
hohoarve30 Fold     
andyj50 Call  £0.18 £0.64 £1.25
stoneyb515 Fold     
Flop

• Q
  • Q

andyj50 Check     
Dudeskin8 Bet  £0.40 £1.04 £3.30
frez Raise  £0.80 £1.84 £0.10
andyj50 Fold     
Dudeskin8 Fold     
frez Muck     
frez Win  £1.77  £1.87
When I raise in early position I knew I'd get some callers as you always do at this level. The flop with 2 queens doesn't look so bad so I bet about 2/3, then he minraises, I don't think he can do that without the Q or is this too tight ? I just wasn't in the mood to see him turnover Q3o...

Comments

• edited February 2010
    I think your right in saying about these levels, he couldve easily had Q3 or sumthin stupid like that, or he couldve had the flush draw?  But i think you should of re-raised to answer your question, he might think you have AK, A10, AJ or a low pair, if he re-raises then you get your answer and you fold

regards,
    matt
  • edited February 2010
    he didnt have much back so i would of just jammed i think and watched him turn over the queen lol. I find these paired boards so so difficult, i guess the min raise looks like the queen... i dno, i am leaning towards jamming cuz of his stack though.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Wrong fold?:
    I think your right in saying about these levels, he couldve easily had Q3 or sumthin stupid like that, or he couldve had the flush draw?  But i think you should of re-raised to answer your question, he might think you have AK, A10, AJ or a low pair, if he re-raises then you get your answer and you fold regards, matt
    Posted by mattdexter
    As he has 10p re raising has little effect. Looking back at it, he could have had a mid pair maybe, but the weird minraise just looks too weird for me.
  • edited February 2010
    hang on... i think this is a bad fold, extra 50p for you to put him all in... ok the pot will then be over £2... so you only need to be right 1 in 4 times for this to be profitable!! so you cant fold!
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Wrong fold?:
    he didnt have much back so i would of just jammed i think and watched him turn over the queen lol. I find these paired boards so so difficult, i guess the min raise looks like the queen... i dno, i am leaning towards jamming cuz of his stack though.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    I know what you mean cus he is short, but I just didn't feel like paying him off, I guess I could have perhaps got it in for information in the long run.
  • edited February 2010
    As he has no money dont fold to him. IT would be more interesting if you both were sat with the same amount.
  • edited February 2010
    Its just one of those spots where u have to make the call, like beaneh said, if he is deeper then its a totally diff scenariao