You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What are odds of winning 2 Rewards Freerolls in 2 days?

edited February 2016 in Poker Chat

£1,000 Rewards FR

Tournament Complete

Finished at 21:52 - 08 Feb

Registered
1469 / 2500
Players Left
0 / 1469
tiimot1987 - £100 + £1,000,000 UKPC

£1,000 Rewards FR

Tournament Complete

Finished at 21:50 - 09 Feb

Registered
1555 / 2500
Players Left
0 / 1555
tiimot1987 - £100 + £1,000,000 UKPC

Comments

• edited February 2016
    WOW impressive! Bout 1 in a million I'd say!
  • edited February 2016
    Any reason why they don't show on his stats?
  • edited February 2016
    SS doesnt track the rewards FR..
  • edited February 2016
    If we are applying it before we win one it'd be super unlikely, maybe 1/1400x 1/1400, (whatever field is) but if we had already won we'd have say a 1/1400 (whatever field size is) of winning a second, you could cut this down to account for skill advantage and players sitting out.
    Similar principles with roulette. The odds of it landing on black 5 times in a row might be 1/32, but the next spin is still a 50:50 between black and red. (not really best example here but hey)
  • edited February 2016

The answer to the thread title question has been correctly explained, I believe, by Mr Groggy.

What an extraordinary thing to happen though. It just shows, if it can happen, eventually it will.

I'm now going to find out what happens to the 2nd UKPC seat, so I've asked the Higher Ups. 

Most UKPC based Promos make it clear in the T & C's that these seats cannot be exchanged for cash, transferred, or sold, but I can't see one specific to this exact situation.

I think I know the correct answer, but let's see what they say.

In the meantime., many congrats to Mr (or Mrs) Tiimot.  

• edited February 2016

To forestall the inevitable questions.....

I've asked Upstairs what happens to the 2nd UKPC seat Mr Run Hot won.

It seems he will be awarded the cash alternative - in exactly the same manner as, say, a player who wins multi seats in the Sunday Night UKPC Final gets the cash alternative.

• edited February 2016

As an aside to the Rewards Freeroll......

I gather that on Monday, which was won of course by Mr Run Hot, the runner up was a very long-standing Sky Poker player, "KidGirlGy", aka Sue.

Sue won a VLV package here about 6 years ago, in quite remarkable circumstances. She then went to Vegas & finished something like 350th in the Main Event, for around $34,000. That's the biggest Vegas win any VLV qualifier has ever earned, & she was the last or 2nd last "surviving" female in the event as I recall.

Sue is, well, not a teenager, shall we say, she's a multi Grandparent in fact. Never watched any coaching videos, or frequented Hand Analysis boards, just picked up stuff from the old 861 Shows & player her own game.  Here husband, Dave (KidGrimsby) is also a long term player here. We don't hear much about these loyal players, but they are at the heart of Sky Poker, & there are a lot of them. 

We have become quite good friends actually, & keep in touch by e-Mail. I usually sell a little action elsewhere every year in my Vegas trips, just to personal friends, for a vicarious Vegas sweat, & Sue & Dave always buy £100 worth. There are some lovely people in poker, & I've been blessed to meet so many of them.   
  • edited February 2016
    If he is rather large he might need the two seats?

:D
  • edited February 2016
    Is anyone brave enough to answer this??? :)

I mean however good a player you are the variance is massive in this because the blinds end up a 50/100K on the final table. Infact I was railing on the 9th having gone out a bit earlier and the winner got chopped from 900K to about 200K on two hands he/she was a strong fav for.

It feels like having a spin round the Grand National only with 1500 horses. I'm going to say 250/1 for each run so a 1 in 62500 event IMO. Just my guess.

Great to read your post TIKAY, gives us all hope!
  • edited February 2016
    wall of fame candidate maybe vey well done
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: What are odds of winning 2 Rewards Freerolls in 2 days?:
    wall fo fame candidate maybe vey well done
    Posted by churchy18
    where can you veiw the wall of fame?
    scratch that i found it,typed in wall of fame in the search box up top