You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TIME TO CHANGE TO 10 MINUTE BLINDS

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat

I personally think all 9pm tourny's should be 10min blinds.

What do you think?

Ed

Comments

• edited July 2009
    the problem with that is if they are tv tourneys they've got to fit it into the 3 hour show, i also prefer 10 minute blinds but needs must.
  • edited July 2009
    The best tourney structure in my opinion on Sky is the League final. That always comes down to skill and not a lottery.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: TIME TO CHANGE TO 10 MINUTE BLINDS:
    the problem with that is if they are tv tourneys they've got to fit it into the 3 hour show, i also prefer 10 minute blinds but needs must.
    Posted by kirstii
    Obviously it has to fit into the tv schedule. 10min blind tourny's normally finish at 12.30am on Sky which the presenters seem to cope with. This is purely down to which structure people prefer. They tend to reduce down the starting chips a bit, but the 10 minute blinds makes up for this.
  • edited July 2009
    gotta say the mickjenn torn was by far the best one thats ever been on this site 10 seater 12 min blinds 5k chips fantastic..tues n weds when no tv they should run that torn,,plus every month like primo do a 55.00 ds 5000 chips 12 min blinds and start at 7 but thy can show coverage from 9?? i dont play on here so much because i h8 bingo poker..
  • edited July 2009

I prefer the slower games (but doesn't stop me playing velocity), but it seems the longer tourneys attract less entrants

• edited July 2009
    I dont play any major tourneys on here coz of the structure. If it changed to 10 min blinds, I would.

Why not make earlier start time, or even show game the next night on T.V
  • edited July 2009
    I can understand the difficulties sky are in!

People want 10 min blins BUT... if it is, it will finish too late (past 12 when i think they have to stop recording), if it starts earlier, not as many will play because of putting kids to bed etc etc... dont think covering it the next night will work because there will be no live input from the players in the show.

It is a dillema, personally i do want 10 min blinds, and if we could come up with a solution then brilliant (i personally dont care if its on TV or not)
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: TIME TO CHANGE TO 10 MINUTE BLINDS:
    I dont play any major tourneys on here coz of the structure. If it changed to 10 min blinds, I would. Why not make earlier start time, or even show game the next night on T.V
    Posted by OMahonyO
    There are TWO nice Tourneys tonight, 7pm & 7.15pm, one 6 Seater, one 10 seater, BOTH with 12 minute Blinds & 5,000 starting Chips.

May we request the pleasure of your company?