You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Comments

• edited February 2016
    maybe they should also follow stars in introducing short stacked, high rake games that feature the word spin to attract the recs...
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Pokerstars chops HU tables...should Sky Poker do the same?:
    maybe they should also follow stars in introducing short stacked, high rake games that feature the word spin to attract the recs...
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    :D

I agree HU should be chopped
  • edited February 2016
    Well they're replacing it with zoom instead. Personally I think Sky's cap at 2 entries per limit is a good place to start, but probably not enough (looking at the lobby it's still clearly a very predatory environment).

The HU bumhunting problem is really just one facet - perhaps the most obvious - of a larger problem: the growing number of individuals playing poker for a living. As long as poker is profitable, more regs will keep appearing, meaning more competition for weak tables and more and more inventive ways to target recs (scripts etc. are a huge problem @stars 6max, as anyone playing 100+ knows). The more regs that enter the pool, the lower winnings are, and as a result the less willing people are to start games etc.

Personally the only way I solution I see is wider introduction of anonymous games (aka unibet).

• edited February 2016
    I would argue HU is in a relatively good place on Sky, it's on its own seperate tab so if players want to play HU specifically they can find it via the tabs. Newcomers won't see this crowded lobby as the HU lobby isn't displayed by default remember, so that argument for removing it completely becomes a lot less substantial. 

I actually feel HU is less predatory in nature than 6max games these days given how instantly everyone joins 6m tables, I'd feel more hunted there with insta filling and insta breaking games happening, so if that's your argument for removing HU I don't see it either.

It's 2016, poker is absurdly recreationally unfriendly in any format barring MTTs 

• edited February 2016
    Removing the 'all' filter and having 'regular' ticked by default would be an easily implementable change which would have a positive effect imo.
  • edited February 2016
    Well they're replacing it with zoom instead. Personally I think Sky's cap at 2 entries per limit is a good place to start, but probably not enough (looking at the lobby it's still clearly a very predatory environment). The HU bumhunting problem is really just one facet - perhaps the most obvious - of a larger problem: the growing number of individuals playing poker for a living. As long as poker is profitable, more regs will keep appearing, meaning more competition for weak tables and more and more inventive ways to target recs (scripts etc. are a huge problem @stars 6max, as anyone playing 100+ knows). The more regs that enter the pool, the lower winnings are, and as a result the less willing people are to start games etc. Personally the only way I solution I see is wider introduction of anonymous games (aka unibet).
    Posted by radiofed28
    Strongly apose anonymous tables. 

People are complaining about recs being hunted etc etc but i really dont see it as much on Sky these days....

The competition for those HU tables is fierce. Gone are the old days of sky when anyone could make up an account and just sit all the HU tables and choose their games, at peak times if your not one of the top 5% of regs on the site you cant sit at any stake 1/3+ as you just get kicked off by the top regs. 

As for 6max there is reg on reg action trying to start tables at mid stakes all over. Peak times OnlySmells, myself, GagginKs, The_fishhh, sam1986, BitFiat, Laakdown, Zing, Stack_U just to name a few that are actively trying to start tables. Play Hu/3handed a rec joins and table snap fills, nice 6max game running everyone's all smiles. One minor negative is to see some of the midstakes regs who have a good game but shy away from starting tables, and just leave it to the rec to sit in before joining.

• edited February 2016
    I never start tables at NL and rarely do at PLO (my main game).. not because I don't want to play a reg (quite happy to do so) more that I just don't want to play HU or 3 handed full stop if I'm going to be playing 5/6 other tables at the very start of my session because I find it impossible to multi-table early on in a session. Always feel a bit rusty and takes time to get in a rythm. 

If table breaks and there's no other table I fancy joining then I'm normally more than happy to carry on playing a reg to try and get the table started again.

• edited February 2016
    In Response to Pokerstars chops HU tables...should Sky Poker do the same?:
    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip-sponsored-online-poker-report/pokerstars-removing-regular-hu-tables-1588434/ i think so...but im biased :-p
    Posted by sikas

Because Amaya are doing such a great job?

Sky should not follow anything Amaya are doing
  • edited February 2016
    ja because you have a lot of data to back up what you're saying?
  • edited February 2016
    Hahahaha!

But honestly, sometimes I really do fear for the poker industry.

And why has it been posted in the priority section of the forum? You got the fishing pole out?
  • edited February 2016
    ja because you have a lot of data to back up what you're saying?
    Posted by percival09
    what data do I need? every time you post, its you trying to act superior...

Amaya have actively screwed supernova elite players and just about everyone else saying its good for the "poker economy"

They know the vast majority of recs are ignorant and will take there word they are not getting screwed. Amaya is a company known for buying companys and ringing every last cent out of them.... FACT. I dont need data, I am educated enough to know what is going on.

2+2=4 you dont need data to know that
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Pokerstars chops HU tables...should Sky Poker do the same?:
    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip-sponsored-online-poker-report/pokerstars-removing-regular-hu-tables-1588434/ i think so...but im biased :-p
    Posted by sikas
    Hi Mr Sports Bettor Ledge,

I've not replied to this as I assumed you were just throwing it out there for discussion.

If you want a reply from me, let me know.

Interesting debate, as it happens.

• edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Pokerstars chops HU tables...should Sky Poker do the same? : what data do I need? every time you post, its you trying to act superior... Amaya have actively screwed supernova elite players and just about everyone else saying its good for the "poker economy" They know the vast majority of recs are ignorant and will take there word they are not getting screwed. Amaya is a company known for buying companys and ringing every last cent out of them.... FACT. I dont need data, I am educated enough to know what is going on. 2+2=4 you dont need data to know that
    Posted by Itsover4u
    The only thing I actively disagree with is SNE because that's blatantly unethical and it would cost them close to nothing to make right (relative to their budget) - I'm open to debate regarding their recent changes, but while we don't have ANY data to back up an alternative viewpoint, we shouldn't be so aggressive. 

For example, Ansky and others were VERY vocal regarding the changes - it was quite childish how everyone was overreacting to something, when, as a collective player base, we had no hard evidence. Anyway, Ansky and others attend a meeting with Amaya suits and then that's it. Ansky is quiet on everything - he isn't even pushing protests, boycotts, sitouts - anything. Whereas beforehand, he was one of the most vocal players. 

We can take from this that some of the data from Amaya is actually quite convincing and shows that indeed there is a problem with the poker economy. I don't understand how there's any doubt about this anyway - if you look at the small amount of data we do have, google trends and other things, you'll see that people searching Online Poker has been decreasing significantly year by year. Not only that, pokerscout and other sources show us that the online poker market, overall, has been declining ~20% year by year for over 3 years. 

I'm not saying they're right, or you're wrong, or anything - I'm simply saying poker players, like anyone else taking a position on anything, must have more evidence before slamming something, especially when that something is an organisation with an immense amount of it.
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Pokerstars chops HU tables...should Sky Poker do the same? : Hi Mr Sports Bettor Ledge,   I've not replied to this as I assumed you were just throwing it out there for discussion.   If you want a reply from me, let me know. Interesting debate, as it happens.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    I'm interested in a reply. I agree that it makes an interesting poker debate, when we look at the whole picture. 

I'm also curious as to why the thread sits in the 'Priority' section of the forum though. It comes across as baiting.  
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Pokerstars chops HU tables...should Sky Poker do the same? : I'm interested in a reply. I agree that it makes an interesting poker debate, when we look at the whole picture.  I'm also curious as to why the thread sits in the 'Priority' section of the forum though. It comes across as baiting.  
    Posted by yuranASSet
    Well I can't answer that one, you'll have to ask the OP.