You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The First 5-a-day £5,000 Freeroll takes place THIS Saturday.

edited February 2016 in Poker Chat

This is part of the Five-a-day Promo, details of which are HERE

This Saturday's Freeroll is for week one, February 1st to February 7th, which was CASH POKER.

The Freeroll is now in the Lobby & can be viewed HERE

Note that players have different starting stacks, as per the Promo.

You do NOT need to register for this, all players who are qualified will - or should have been - already entered by Sky Poker. If you think you should be in, but are not, please speak to Customer Care.

Good luck, & enjoy.

Comments

• edited February 2016

Please note that as players have earned different starting stacks, it was necessary for Sky Poker to pre-Register everyone, rather than allowing players to do so themselves.

This, inevitably, leads to the problem (problem?) of AWAY players. I've no idea why this exercises so many, but it does. Well there will be plenty, & so you may as well be aware in advance.

Prize money is £5,000 total, with the winner getting £500, & prizes going down to 300th place.

Hope you enjoy it.  

• edited February 2016

i love away players.

sometimes, i would like a non-away player to become an away player.

more away players please.  they're the best.

• edited February 2016
    yep i can beat away players!
  • edited February 2016

^^^^

Well yes, you'd think so, it's just completely illogical to think otherwise, especially in a Freeroll.

But some get very exercised by it, you'll both have seen the Posts complaining, many many times.

What price someone complains about AWAY players in this?

Want some free chips mate?

Nah, I'd rather a good player was sat there 

One of the many mysteries of poker.
  • edited February 2016
    Being 'away' is a modern poker strategy. It's known as the 'scrounger technique'. I read it on here...

• edited February 2016
    just seen how many players! i reckon a good 500 be away as there game is cash and freeroll not for them

hopefully i have 5 and atleast another 10k onto my stack!.

edit i cashed being away once!
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: The First 5-a-day £5,000 Freeroll takes place THIS Saturday.:
    ^^^^ Well yes, you'd think so, it's just completely illogical to think otherwise, especially in a Freeroll. But some get very exercised by it, you'll both have seen the Posts complaining, many many times.   What price someone complains about AWAY players in this? Want some free chips mate? Nah, I'd rather a good player was sat there   One of the many mysteries of poker.
    Posted by Tikay10
     I asked for a Player to be sat there ............ never asked for a GOOD Player.   Thank you.?

Blinding out away players is like watching Paint dry......... Pop you avin a Pop.!
  • edited February 2016
    Well you have a player, a very nitty player who keeps folding.

Ger
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: The First 5-a-day £5,000 Freeroll takes place THIS Saturday.:
    In Response to Re: The First 5-a-day £5,000 Freeroll takes place THIS Saturday. :  I asked for a Player to be sat there ............ never asked for a GOOD Player.   Thank you.?  Blinding out away players is like watching Paint dry......... Pop you avin a Pop.!
    Posted by goldon
    Scenario 1 - you have 3k chips on full table of seated players, 15 mins later you have 2k ish.
    Scenario 2 - you have 3k chips on a table with away players, 15 mins later you have 12 k ish.

If you prefer scenario 1 good luck in your future poker.you will need lots.
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: The First 5-a-day £5,000 Freeroll takes place THIS Saturday. : Scenario 1 - you have 3k chips on full table of seated players, 15 mins later you have 2k ish. Scenario 2 - you have 3k chips on a table with away players, 15 mins later you have 12 k ish. If you prefer scenario 1 good luck in your future poker.you will need lots.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    You shaking my stick Tom !............. Freeroll player away all the time annoying .... Cash player away but hiding waiting to pounce on greedy wolves different Story mis-quoted so I corrected.  Just play here for fun entertainment not ( Looking for or expecting to be Top player.)  I win, I win,.... I mostly lose.!   Pop avin Pop at me ?
     Never frown on Recreational Players that pay the wages. ?
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: The First 5-a-day £5,000 Freeroll takes place THIS Saturday. : You shaking my stick Tom !............. Freeroll player away all the time annoying .... Cash player away but hiding waiting to pounce on greedy wolves different Story mis-quoted so I corrected.  Just play here for fun entertainment not ( Looking for or expecting to be Top player.)  I win, I win,.... I mostly lose.!   Pop avin Pop at me ?  Never frown on Recreational Players that pay the wages. ?
    Posted by goldon
    What are you going on about?
  • edited February 2016
    I too am a rec who plays for fun, and not " having a pop" , just seemed rather strange you saying it's annoying to have away players, there are a multitude of reasons for people to be away, make hay whilst the sun shines in freerolls.
  • edited February 2016
    yep i can beat away players!
    Posted by MICKYBLUE

Yes you can too. Until they find their table. HA
  • edited February 2016
    I love away players. Give me 30 minutes with some away players and I will increase my stack by their blinds, sadly at the start of a tourney this might not be too many chips and as soon as a live player turns up at my table I will invariably give them all of my hard earned (stolen) chips and more. I'm generous like that.
  • edited February 2016
    I love away players. Give me 30 minutes with some away players and I will increase my stack by their blinds, sadly at the start of a tourney this might not be too many chips and as soon as a live player turns up at my table I will invariably give them all of my hard earned (stolen) chips and more. I'm generous like that.
    Posted by Enut
    Have you noticed ....... no away player has appeared here to defend themself.?
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: The First 5-a-day £5,000 Freeroll takes place THIS Saturday. : Yes you can too. Until they find their table. HA
    Posted by mumsie
    hee hee you seen me play before.