You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Language Timothy.

edited February 2016 in Poker Chat
Yesterday while playing in a sat,whilst cooking my roast, I had pocket kings.Another player who had kod me in two previous SATs raised it large.Now not really wanting him to complete his hatrick, I pondered.Deciding to take tatties out of the oven,still pondering.This all took about eight seconds.The time bar being there for that purpose. I decide to shove.The language that came back from that guy is not repeatable.Although it is,as I see that kind of filth frequently.I do have a very opened mind in terms of humour,maybe leaning to the more spicey.I do know I can report it,and never considered a few tatties would cause such a reaction.As I am a decorator,I shall gloss over that abuse.I've a very thick skin,like an elephant.Being a very average player myself,getting kod hundreds of times, I was just wondering what makes people snap in an instant as I've not hurled abuse once after being despatched.Not having ever played live tourneys, does it happen there?

Comments

• edited February 2016
    In a 3 letter word? Ego!

But the truth of the matter is that there is no room for ego in poker. Irregardless of how great that you think your game might be. A single session can be a single session of humility. 

Cue the analogy...

If I was a black belt in Jiu-Jitsu. I could at some point be coaching/teaching someone how to get off their back when someone has mounted them. But if that guy was 4000lbs and laying across me, then what could I teach them without hurting their feelings? The first step of course would to be humble.
  • edited February 2016
    hi tosh :)
    lots comment on play but to abuse is completly wrong and should be reported.
    id tag them and make sure id get them on tilt as much as possable in future games.

• edited February 2016
    In Response to Language Timothy.:
    Yesterday while playing in a sat,whilst cooking my roast, I had pocket kings.Another player who had kod me in two previous SATs raised it large.Now not really wanting him to complete his hatrick, I pondered.Deciding to take tatties out of the oven,still pondering.This all took about eight seconds.The time bar being there for that purpose. I decide to shove.The language that came back from that guy is not repeatable.Although it is,as I see that kind of filth frequently.I do have a very opened mind in terms of humour,maybe leaning to the more spicey.I do know I can report it,and never considered a few tatties would cause such a reaction.As I am a decorator,I shall gloss over that abuse.I've a very thick skin,like an elephant.Being a very average player myself,getting kod hundreds of times, I was just wondering what makes people snap in an instant as I've not hurled abuse once after being despatched.Not having ever played live tourneys, does it happen there?
    Posted by chilling
    This seems to be happening more and more some of the stuff would get you arrested in the street these people just have no class so what you had a bad beat and lost a couple of quid there all like Christmas cards (always greeting  )
  • edited February 2016
    Was it the sat I bubbled? Just curious
  • edited February 2016
    Jesus. You got abuse even tho they won the £20 bubble money what's wrong with people 
  • edited February 2016
      Played a freeroll and just won 11p  how long will it take me to become a Millionaire if I play two a day.?

On the subject of table chat ...... I was called a Wally ...... how does he know me.?  strange?
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Language Timothy.:
      Played a freeroll and just won 11p  how long will it take me to become a Millionaire if I play two a day.?  On the subject of table chat ...... I was called a Wally ...... how does he know me.?  strange?
    Posted by goldon
    Are you cashing for 11p each time?
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Language Timothy. : Are you cashing for 11p each time?
    Posted by yuranASSet
    You spotted the Flaw in my reckoning.  ?
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Language Timothy. : Unfortunately goldon, the crematorium will come first.
    Posted by chilling
    To Bury or Burn that is the Question would it be nobler in the mind to suffer the quip's & insults of poker chat while trying to make outrageous fortune once more into the brags & beats dear friends variance is such sweet sorrow.

Hic! ok ok !  he only called me wally.
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Language Timothy. : Are you cashing for 11p each time?
    Posted by yuranASSet
    Quote from the Sun News Paper today;

No need to work the figures out...........  by 2050 we'll all be Millionaires.