You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£20 Freeroll, point?

edited February 2016 in Feedback & Suggestions
So insee these tournaments every day £20 Freeroll and costs like 20 Poker points to enter....gets over 250 entrants....yet to win any money you have to finish like 10th out of those 250 entrants and you win the grand total of like 15p. Yett when you are eliminated you have to stump up 50p to rebuy. 
If you take it seriously and spend 2hours in this tournament and win, you get a life changing £5

What is the point of this? Am I missing something?

Comments

• edited February 2016
    In Response to £20 Freeroll, point?:
    So insee these tournaments every day £20 Freeroll and costs like 20 Poker points to enter....gets over 250 entrants....yet to win any money you have to finish like 10th out of those 250 entrants and you win the grand total of like 15p. Yett when you are eliminated you have to stump up 50p to rebuy.  If you take it seriously and spend 2hours in this tournament and win, you get a life changing £5 What is the point of this? Am I missing something?
    Posted by mattred

My little brother, who is a recreational player and neither has the funds to deposit, has managed to run up a bankroll over £200 starting with these and moving to 4nl cash. He withdraws and begins again. 

Granted that he does a lot of busting at 4nl but it gives him a chance he wouldn't have in the first instance. 
  • edited February 2016

^^^^

Great example.

And if 250 or so players enter them, it rather suggests they think there is a point.

Watch what would happen if Sky Poker removed them, too, there'd be hooting & hollering galore.

There is a guy, GaryQQQ who started with zero & ran it up to £1,000, starting with these Freerolls. Proper money, that.

• edited February 2016
    From little Acorns big Oak Tree's grow ........... but ........... only if your good at Gardening. ?
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: £20 Freeroll, point?:
    From little Acorns big Oak Tree's grow ........... but ........... only if your good at Gardening. ?
    Posted by goldon
    Haha, spoken like a true Philosopher. 
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to £20 Freeroll, point?:
    So insee these tournaments every day £20 Freeroll and costs like 20 Poker points to enter....gets over 250 entrants....yet to win any money you have to finish like 10th out of those 250 entrants and you win the grand total of like 15p. Yett when you are eliminated you have to stump up 50p to rebuy.  If you take it seriously and spend 2hours in this tournament and win, you get a life changing £5 What is the point of this? Am I missing something?
    Posted by mattred
    Good morning Matt.
    Play them for fun, and as a warm up.
    Plus you dont have to rebuy.
    All the best.
    Rainman397.