You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

new windows 11" 10 laptop

edited February 2016 in Poker Chat
anyone else had similar problems where you cant multi table on windows 10?

My laptop died yesterday and i bought a little pokey 11" thing

Problem is i hate windows 10 and every single sng table i open gets maximised to full screen like im playing on an ipad... i dont want that, if i wanted that, i'd play on my flippin ipad. 

Any idea on how i can play in miniview and play more than one table at once on a window 10 new laptop.... downgrading to windows 8/7 is not an option and i dont want to mess around with drivers.... there should be a setting somewhere or something?

I've tried adding "- windowed" to target under properties... no luck. 

Comments

• edited February 2016
    I play on windows 10.

I bought my system less than a weeks ago.

I have had no problems whatsoever.I think I managed 9 tables last night for an hour or so.

I'm home around 5.
    If your still having problems ill see if
    I can help then.
    If you've not sorted it by then. 
  • edited February 2016
    also play on windows 10 and i regularly play 8-10 tables with no issues
  • edited February 2016
    I've got a Windows 10 laptop and usually play 2 or 3 tables through Chrome and adjust table sizes manually to fit.

Just opened the D/L and opened 6 cash tables, "tiled" them and they fitted perfectly.
  • edited February 2016
    Can any of you guys let me know if your playing on an 11" laptop? or even 13+ laptop? or desktops?

I basically cant put any window into "windowed" mode... this is soo annoynig especially considering hyper sngs are my fvourties....grr so miniview is basically not possible... and reszing windows... any window... is out of the question???

Just spent 600 on this pokey thing and now going to have to upgrade my desktop hardware just to play normally.. pfft
  • edited February 2016
    I have just upgraded to windows 10 last week on my 17 inch laptop - and I must admit I find the Sky Tables much better than they used to be!!  Having said that I don't play on download - just via Chrome.  Don't have any problem resizing tables and usually it potters along happily with 5 or 6 open (I only play 3 or 4 but chat on the other 2 lol).

Since upgrading to windows 10 my laptop is like a new machine - boots up so much quicker and runs a lot better.  
  • edited February 2016
    Check you are not using the sky app in 10 (that would be the only reason i can think of that stops you multi tabling).

Open a desktop and use download or play via browser. I use a 13 in laptop and can play 6 tables with no issues (apart from lack of ability)
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: new windows 11" 10 laptop:
    I have just upgraded to windows 10 last week on my 17 inch laptop - and I must admit I find the Sky Tables much better than they used to be!!  Having said that I don't play on download - just via Chrome.  Don't have any problem resizing tables and usually it potters along happily with 5 or 6 open (I only play 3 or 4 but chat on the other 2 lol). Since upgrading to windows 10 my laptop is like a new machine - boots up so much quicker and runs a lot better.  
    Posted by IrishRose

This isn't a derail. ..but I think my windows 10 reboots is about 15 seconds .

Carry on.

• edited February 2016
    no im def usuing the desktop client

looks like no window can be windowed on a 11" or something... i am pob running on surface tab windows or something... as its a 2-1 tablet/laptop thing

meh, going to have to return it at this rate, is totally peeing me off. 
  • edited February 2016
    If its a surface...I can't get my surface to display under normal conditions
  • edited February 2016
    no im def usuing the desktop client

looks like no window can be windowed on a 11" or something... i am pob running on surface tab windows or something... as its a 2-1 tablet/laptop thing

meh, going to have to return it at this rate, is totally peeing me off. 
  • edited February 2016
    Try switching off "aero snap". Google is your friend.
  • edited February 2016

I've asked "POERTREV", who is a bit of a whizz at these things, to take a look at the thread, though maybe Gary's suggestion - he's another very good at tech stuff - will do the trick.

Hang in there, we'll get you sorted.

• edited February 2016
    Did we fix this problem with GaryQQQ's suggestion?

In my mind i'm not sure why this device was ever called a "Surface" seems to me that most things sink below it :)

Aerosnap allows us to snap open screens to the left or to the right & in a 2 x 2 formation. Depending on your settings, the screen may maximise unless it is snapped. (There are many tutorials available on how to do this) but to save you a bit of time here is a link to assist you http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4343-aero-snap-turn-off-windows-10-a.html

Try the tutorial from the link above first.

There is also a good Video on You Tube "Initiate Snap Assist in Tablet Mode"

If you are still having problems..........

You can try turning this feature off as listed below.
    1. Click the Start button to open the Start menu.
    2. Type mouse in the Search Files And Programs box.
    3. Select Change "How Your Mouse Works" from the list of items that are found.
    4. Select the checkbox for the option "Prevent Windows From Being Automatically Arranged When Moved To The Edge Of The Screen".
    Note that this will also disable the Aero Shake feature, which lets you shake a window to minimize all other open windows.

One other thing comes to mind though......This device can be used in "Windows Mode" or "Surface Mode" so it may be worthwhile checking out which mode you are running in before changing any settings.

Looks like a Laptop......Works Like a Tablet.......You deffo need a couple of asprins to get your head around one of these things :)

let us know how you get on