You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

i dont expect anything other

2»

Comments

• edited February 2016
    I was only messing mate.

Im not at the laptop so can't search again.

Stick at it. You're probably up more lifetime on sky than j am with similar volume.

Focus on what you can control (the quality of your decisions) rather than ephemeral and uncontrollable thngs like luck.

Gl
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: i dont expect anything other:
    I was only messing mate. Im not at the laptop so can't search again. Stick at it. You're probably up more lifetime on sky than j am with similar volume. Focus on what you can control (the quality of your decisions) rather than ephemeral and uncontrollable thngs like luck. Gl
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    im just going to chill and play from now on.
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: i dont expect anything other : I struggle sometimes with understanding the contexts of what is being said to me, now I am not sure if your post was a sarcastic dig... just in case it was a cheap shot at me,  I just want you to know that I may be down but I am still plenty up on my starting BR.  
    Posted by BURNShurtz
    No I'm not being sarcastic or insulting you. Just stressing the point using statistics that you can't justify blaming bad luck for lack of success and declaring the bigger winners get more lucky, it isn't true. 1800 games is too big a sample for it purely to be bad luck. I'm not sure if you read some of my previous posts where I mentioned what a few problems could be just by reading your posts. Given the way you play- very tight and there being a lot of loose gambley types at low stakes I don't envisage you ever being a big loser at poker, but there is definitely many flaws in your game, your losses aren't purely bad luck.
    In case you think thats a dig, it isn't, there's flaws in my game too.
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: i dont expect anything other : No I'm not being sarcastic or insulting you. Just stressing the point using statistics that you can't justify blaming bad luck for lack of success and declaring the bigger winners get more lucky, it isn't true. 1800 games is too big a sample for it purely to be bad luck. I'm not sure if you read some of my previous posts where I mentioned what a few problems could be just by reading your posts. Given the way you play- very tight and there being a lot of loose gambley types at low stakes I don't envisage you ever being a big loser at poker, but there is definitely many flaws in your game, your losses aren't purely bad luck. In case you think thats a dig, it isn't, there's flaws in my game too.
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    ok
  • edited February 2016

I am at the UKPC, & this just happened in the High Roller....

"so approaching the final table and short-handed Oliver Price was in a nice spot

three shorter stacks on his left and looking to apply pressure

He shoves in the cut off, 9-10 suited covering everyone still to act

On the button Rchard Gryko finds Ace-Kng suited and calls all in

Price spikes an undercard to go to 900,000 and take us to 10 left and the final table bubble"
  • edited February 2016

Then I wandered into Trickett's Room, where there is a BIG Cash Game in progress, all the nosebleed guys.

I'm stood behind Alex Goulder, a good friend of mine, he is SB.

There's a limp, then a raise to £30. Alex makes it £105.

Kid in the Big Blind makes it £425.

Folded back to Alex, who thinks, then sets the Big Blind all-in, for £1,700. 

Big Blind was at it, squeezing, & snap folds. 

Alex shows J-5.

• edited February 2016

Then, back at the High Roller, this goes off.....

"So you are stealing 5 handed on the final table bubble with Q-5

That's what Jack O'Neill, 24yo from Nottingham was doing

Keith Johnson called him in the big blind

flop 5-5-5

Yes.

check check. what else is he going to do?

turn Ace

Yes, it got better for Jack

Two stacks go in, Keith has A-x, i didnt see the x in the hubbub,  and is knocked out 10th

Jack goes to the final as a 1.2m chip leader"

• edited February 2016

They are playing good poker, these are standard spots.

There's far more to poker than waiting for big hands & getting it in good. These guys make their own luck.

• edited February 2016
    For anyone following this thread, burnsey is doing great in the mini at this present time.gl burnsey i say!.
    Posted by chilling
    don't say that......I went for a smoke on break but to answer you, no im not bluffing.
    only the nutz lol
  • edited February 2016
    well that was the end of the mini
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Yacko1959 Small blind  800.00 800.00 48115.00
    plywood Big blind  1600.00 2400.00 13995.00
      Your hole cards

beem Call  1600.00 4000.00 60148.00
    glassman60 Call  1600.00 5600.00 44716.64
    DAZZ35 Fold     
    BURNShurtz All-in  25921.50 31521.50 0.00
    Yacko1959 Fold     
    plywood Fold     
    beem Call  24321.50 55843.00 35826.50
    glassman60 Fold     
    beem Show

BURNShurtz Show

Flop

Turn

River

• Q

beem Win Three 3s 55843.00  91669.50
    I played well, just so annoying that I get in good ( again ) sigh
  • edited February 2016
    was going to give up, but thought I would play in two tourneys tonight, the mini bh later and the £1000 bh at 18:45.. different days, different tournament same guy turns up on the table and takes me out with any two will do. Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance INTHEDARK Small blind   20.00 20.00 2390.00 bulgy Big blind   40.00 60.00 3900.00   Your hole cards K J       BURNShurtz All-in   435.00 495.00 0.00 bertisek1 Raise   830.00 1325.00 3750.00 flopandgo Fold         Pokeher12 Fold         INTHEDARK Fold         bulgy All-in   3900.00 5225.00 0.00 bertisek1 Fold         bulgy Unmatched bet   3110.00 2115.00 3110.00 bulgy Show Q 8       BURNShurtz Show K J       Flop     Q A 5       Turn     5       River     Q       bulgy Win Full House, Queens and 5s 2115.00   5225.00 just more proof. let get a few things down while their on my mind.. I see a lot of you keep mentioning the same names of good players, believe me, I have watched them all and I see it with my own eyes. they don't lose flips, very rarely get out drawn, get a lot of good cards, generally, they just run a lot better.   now I know that this is not what you all see, but that's my opinion on what I have. I also understand why it is hard for you to see it from my side even with the proof I have shown over the years, you judge just by the few hands on one or two posts, you should read all my posts ever written on here, 5 years worth of being the most unlucky player ever. you cant argue with facts. im going to play in tonight's mini, I guarantee you, I will get knocked out by some random two cards who will hit...
    Posted by BURNShurtz

You are correct, the only reason you dont win is you are unlucky. 

Does me saying this make you feel better?

You need a complete mindset change. When you win AA v KK in any 1 instance you have run above expectations. You should win 81% of the time and you have won 100% of the time. Although most people expect to win therefore they dont realise they have run above expectations to win that pot. They only moan when they lose even though its just the maths of the situation being smoothed out. 

Analysing situations where you have got your chips in correctly serves little benefit. In MTTs if you can win uncontested pots this is great, it helps build our stack and reduces the likelihood of us being all in facing the chance of elimination if we lose a 70/30 or 60/40. This is something you should be looking at/working on rather than just decide you are unlucky and there is nothing else you can do. 

You need to spend time working out why you get down to 12bb (or even less) and are needing to be all in rather than being fixated with exit hands and perceived luck. 

• edited February 2016
    well that was the end of the mini Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance Yacko1959 Small blind   800.00 800.00 48115.00 plywood Big blind   1600.00 2400.00 13995.00   Your hole cards 9 9       beem Call   1600.00 4000.00 60148.00 glassman60 Call   1600.00 5600.00 44716.64 DAZZ35 Fold         BURNShurtz All-in   25921.50 31521.50 0.00 Yacko1959 Fold         plywood Fold         beem Call   24321.50 55843.00 35826.50 glassman60 Fold         beem Show 3 3       BURNShurtz Show 9 9       Flop     5 2 3       Turn     4       River     Q       beem Win Three 3s 55843.00   91669.50 I played well, just so annoying that I get in good ( again ) sigh
    Posted by BURNShurtz

could I ask a couple of things here please.

Firstly would you consider AK calling you here as you being unlucky as that hand would have got there and would certainly be a valid call against an underpair and secondly have you considered playing a very loose game for a while. I did this whilst playing an a different site having been targeted for months by the same players who had me pinged on pokertracker and sharkscope. Not only did it mess their stats up after 2/3 months but i actually found that my roi changed little over the period.

Whatever you decide the best solution is for you i wish you luck.