You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKPC £1100 game - how can there be 2 blank player names listed?

edited February 2016 in Poker Chat
Hi

Daft question I'm guessing - but on looking in the UKPC £1100 lobby I've noticed that there are 185 players registered - but if I list them in alpha order there are 2 starting stacks showing as having no user name against them?

How can that be??

1yip

2day

70theo

abzy89

Comments

• edited February 2016
    Phantom entries?
  • edited February 2016
    all teh neams have number in them too....
  • edited February 2016
    Sorry Rose forgot where I was........... could it be the extra freeroll spaces sky are now offering. ?
  • edited February 2016

Reserved seats for the sats for cash players or Sky staff who dont have to qualify I guess.
  • edited February 2016

Good morning.

I don't know the answer to this, but I'm not sure it is of any significance or import.

I'd make 2 guesses, it could be either or neither.

1) One or two "mystery guests" have been invited, from the world of sport & or entertainment, as has been the case for every UKPC, just as a way of improving the player experience. It could be that is the answer, & as yet, we do not know their alias. The main list - as per the lobby, 185 entries - was sent to DTD yesterday, with some info to follow when available.

2) It could be SB&G Staff who do not have Sky Poker aliases, as they can't play on the .com site. SB&G have sent 2 or 3 Staff to play every UKPC, in fact, one of them, Dave Dee, finished 19th in the August 2014 renewal for £3,500. They don't "qualify" as such, they get their seats by way of "Best Suggestions", excellence in their work, or various other internal Promos. SB&G are a Sports Betting organisation, get tickets for all major events (Sky Bet Football League, for example, or Sky Bet Sponsored Horse Races) & one way of rewarding & incentivising staff is by granting them occasional seats or entries. In fact, a scan of the player list clearly shows one well known Sky Poker staffie, Sky-Kirsty, but she has to have al alias to post on the Community. Some may think that's an extravagant perk, but SB&G are a terrific organisation to work for. Worth remembering, though, when there are "site issues" over a weekend, as there was a few weeks ago, it's "all hands on deck", & every single one of them who can assist is expected to drop everything & attend to resolving the issues.

Or it could be something else completely. ;)  

• edited February 2016
    Tikay nailed it with his first point.

They are a couple of seats for players who have not confirmed their alias as yet but are doing so shortly.

• edited February 2016
    The plural might be aliases. :D