You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKPC Pick Six

edited February 2016 in Poker Chat

Good morning.

We'll be running a UKPC Live Update onn here from start to finish, Tighty & myself will be trying to bring you some of the fun & atmo, thrills & spills.

A near 1,000 runner field is a tough gig to Update, & we often don't get much interaction with these Updates, so how about you nominate some names who you'd like us to follow, & then we'll follow them all the way?

The Sky Poker qualifiers lobby is HERE

So give us a few names, & if we get enough responses, we'll select those 6 for special attention.

Comments

• edited February 2016
    In Response to UKPC Pick Six:
    Good morning. We'll be running a UKPC Live Update onn here from start to finish, Tighty & myself will be trying to bring you some of the fun & atmo, thrills & spills. A near 1,000 runner field is a tough gig to Update, & we often don't get much interaction with these Updates, so how about you nominate some names who you'd like us to follow, & then we'll follow them all the way? The Sky Poker qualifiers lobby is HERE So give us a few names, & if we get enough responses, we'll select those 6 for special attention.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Gary Ward please
  • edited February 2016
    pegasuso10
    garner909
    claire008
    LARSON7
    Lambert180
    Nutter5932

other than nutter ive played most of these at £5 £10 DYM over the past few weeks and would love a smaller bankroll player take this down.

nutter i lost a big heads up years ago due to a drunken click which i thought was a £10 heads up that turned out to be £110 :(

good luck all and enjoy 

micky
  • edited February 2016
    Wardstar84 and Hendrick62 aka gary and neil

PS and Garner909

• edited February 2016

Perfect, you have got the idea.

Keep the names coming please, & we'll select a Super Six to follow.

Obviously, we'll follow as many of the players as possible, but we are keen to encourage more feedback & interaction & get a lively Update.
  • edited February 2016
    Hendrik 62 claireoo8 and misty4me 
  • edited February 2016
    also hendrix please, well all outlaws actually
  • edited February 2016
    Hendrik
    Lmaofallin
    Bromley04
    Bromley023
    Timmy (love reading about his miracle one outers)
    Wardstar
  • edited February 2016
    Hi Tony,
    Eon1961
    Hendrik62
    go team plopper.
    team Bromley just cos you love em so, and the banter.
    Divsdreams, gets on with it quietly and calmly no histrionics, a typical Sky poker goodun.
    You put a lot into this Tony, I hope the suits appreciate it, and I hope you enjoy it.
    Sad that I wont be there to enjoy the fun.
    Good luck to all
    Nick

• edited February 2016
    Macmonster
    Henners10

and of course all the ploppers :-)
  • edited February 2016
    Liamboi11 please
  • edited February 2016
    Liamboi11 (will prob be drunk, great player even when sober)
    thistledu (first appearance in such a tournament, solid player won roller recently)
    Hendrik62 (freeroll hero and fellow plop dabbler)
    andrew1947 (for the stories)
    wardstar84 (DYM reg nice guy)

Could have chosen loads more.

• edited February 2016
  • edited February 2016
                             claire008

misty4me

mat prawn

please and good luck to all the sky qualifiers db xx
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: UKPC Pick Six:
    Liamboi11 (will prob be drunk, great player even when sober) thistledu (first appearance in such a tournament, solid player won roller recently) Hendrik62 (freeroll hero and fellow plop dabbler) andrew1947 (for the stories) wardstar84 (DYM reg nice guy) Could have chosen loads more.
    Posted by bbMike
    +1

Good picks.

Gl to all 
  • edited February 2016
    Misty4me
    Mattprawn
    CxE1
    RSPCA
    Pokey2011
    Larson7

• edited February 2016
    Hendrick62
    Lmfaoallin
    Larson7
    EssexPhil
    Thistldu
  • edited February 2016
    lmfaoallin
    iJamesi
    al873killl (have some fun omaha battles with him)
    SKykirsty
  • edited February 2016
  • edited February 2016
  • edited February 2016
  • edited February 2016
  • edited February 2016
    I presume you use far more than 1 sheet of loo roll wynne 1938.
    Posted by chilling

Thanks I just spit my drink out reading that.... genius
  • edited February 2016
    My six would be:

FeelGroggy (Oustanding online this year, probably the most improved player on Sky, but first big live tournament)
    rspca12 (Great guy, great player, always supports Sky initiatives)
    GSmith13 (Won both UKOPS High Rollers last year)
    jordz16 (Won two Main Events already this year on Sky, and along with Groggy, is the man in form!)
    MattBates (Needs no introduction)
    Bromley04 and 023 (Can I count this fine couple as one selection?)

I'm guessing IanSimpson and NChanning will be covered by default. :=)

I could name so many more fine players, but got a "cheeky 7" in anyway.

Good luck to all!

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited February 2016
    gotta be claire008 our micro plyer hero
  • edited February 2016

Good stuff, keep them coming, & I'll try & select 6 tomorrow morning, before the Live Update commences.

No need to nominate the big names such as Neil Channing, or the serial winners who are Community regulars, as we'll follow them anyway.

• edited February 2016
    Who is getting followed then?  Late nights are no excuse for neglecting things of prime importance. Take the wake up call a little earlier please.  More stamina required! Ps good job last night T.
    Posted by chilling
    Ha, guilty as charged.

I've had THE most unproductive day today, for reasons outwith my control, so I'm all over the shop.

I'll make a decision on the Super Six to follow tomorrow, or Saturday morning. Whilst we have over 100 players today already, & a goodly few more tomorrow, the vast bulk of the Sky Poker qualifiers will be playing on Saturday, so that's when we'll be following them.  

• edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: UKPC Pick Six : Ha, guilty as charged.   I've had THE most unproductive day today, for reasons outwith my control, so I'm all over the shop. I'll make a decision on the Super Six to follow tomorrow, or Saturday morning. Whilst we have over 100 players today already, & a goodly few more tomorrow, the vast bulk of the Sky Poker qualifiers will be playing on Saturday, so that's when we'll be following them.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Perhaps trying getting out of bed before 1pm.
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: UKPC Pick Six : Ha, guilty as charged.   I've had THE most unproductive day today, for reasons outwith my control, so I'm all over the shop. I'll make a decision on the Super Six to follow tomorrow, or Saturday morning. Whilst we have over 100 players today already, & a goodly few more tomorrow, the vast bulk of the Sky Poker qualifiers will be playing on Saturday, so that's when we'll be following them.    
    Posted by Tikay10

Just an extra shout out. If I had to pick just one to follow it would be Danny Grogan (FeelGroggy).

I think I'm OK stating his name and SKY ID, as he is a forum regular.

He's only in the UKPC because he initially regged online by mistake. He'd never played live until last month!

However to counter that, he has made way more profit than anyone else on Sky MTT's this year, so it will be interesting to see if he can convert his online form to the live scene.

I also have a vested interest as I helped him with his game a while back. So I am very pleased with how he has progressed (more down to his natural ability than my teaching, to be fair)

GL Danny Boy, and also to all the Sky qualifiers.

Cheers,

Graham