You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

Calling 3b multi-way with KQ

edited February 2016 in Cash Strategy
Unknown oppos and I'd only been for a couple of hands.

Slightly larger open given someone sat and posted blinds.

Didn't think 4b bluff warranted against two unknown recs but felt I couldn't fold for such a small 3bet.

Should I be raising flop with top pair?  Feels like I'm bloating the pot and driving out most hands I beat, hence the call.

As played, is the turn a snap fold? I know I give too much credit to people multi-way and need to work on that. Giving BB a turn range of QT, KJ, AK, JJ, 99, KK, 55 and K9s.  SB obviously wider range, although 3b and double barrel puts AA/AK/KK/KQ/KJ near the top of that, but obviously may well just be (semi-)bluffing

Be interested to understand what range others would apply and how much more aggression they may think is appropriate in this sort of hand.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
SBSmall blind  £0.10 £0.10 £10.74
BBBig blind  £0.20 £0.30 £21.05
xSit out     
xxxxxxBig blind  £0.20 £0.50 £15.80
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • Q

shakinaces Raise  £1.00 £1.50 £19.00
xxxxxxFold     
xxFold     
sbRaise  £1.70 £3.20 £9.04
bbCall  £1.60 £4.80 £19.45
shakinaces Call  £0.80 £5.60 £18.20
Flop

• K

sbBet  £1.60 £7.20 £7.44
bbCall  £1.60 £8.80 £17.85
shakinaces Call  £1.60 £10.40 £16.60
Turn

• J

sbBet  £2.20 £12.60 £5.24
bbRaise  £9.65 £22.25 £8.20
shakinaces

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Can you remember what they both done the other two hands you were at the table? Average pot size of table can sometimes help, a lot of time get a big one. I'd be tempted 4 bet pre (maybe £5, maybe all in) if i thought i was mostly risking £10 to win 25 and sometimes getting folds.

Hard really playing against complete randoms, not really where a lot of the money comes from.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    A lot of the time rather than posting BB on first orbit i click 'sit out' and spenda couple minutes faffing around with different things while keeping half an eye on tables, mostly just noticing the really obvious things as well as getting a general feel for how people are playing. A lot of the time leads to getting information for free that i would have otherwise have had to have paid for.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I like shove pre too.
    Tho Bb looks strong, can def put them in a tough spot and generate enough folds. We got blockers and stuff so all good.