You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

heads up at.25/.50

i managed to get some heads up action today and have one hand that really sticks out as a difficult decision.  i am playing my usual style and it turned into a very aggressive game.  villain seems ok although i dont have much history with them. they are aggressive in position and have been flat calling far too much out of position.  i have been hitting some hands and when this hand occurred i had doubled up and my opponent had just reloaded.  he had started to 3 bet me a fair bit and the only previous time i 4 bet it he insta folded. 

i have £107~ and villain has £45~

i raise the button with AK offsuit.  i make it £1.50.  villain re raises and makes it £4.50.  i 4 bet it making it £10.50.
villain flat calls.

the flop comes 10d 7d 6c and we both check.

turn comes the A of hearts.  villain checks and i bet into the pot for £12 and villain insta shoves all in for another £23~

What do we do?
do i call? if so what am i expecting to beat?
do i fold?  what am i folding to?

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Probably put him on trips but could also be a 10.  Difficult fold but and I probably would not cos it could just as easily be aq or aj.   What happened?
  • edited July 2009
    Bet/folding turn is pretty bad.

i suppose if villain was any good he would know you have AK like all the time here and is expecting you to call, so fold.
    Its clear villain isnt any good because whatever he had he played it terribly. Srsly flatcalling 4bets with any hand that beats AK on this board i would just take a note and continue playing him for as long as possible.

I would prefer to check back the turn most of the time.
  • edited July 2009
    The way i see it at this stage is that due to the odds that the pot is giving you then you'd have to call. You've also got to look at the fact that he could be steaming due to the fact that you busted him previously. Looking at the size of the pot it's £23 into into a £68 pot really you only have to get this right 1 in 3 times.

It'd be a crying call for me. What did you do?
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to heads up at.25/.50:
    i managed to get some heads up action today and have one hand that really sticks out as a difficult decision.  i am playing my usual style and it turned into a very aggressive game.  villain seems ok although i dont have much history with them. they are aggressive in position and have been flat calling far too much out of position.  i have been hitting some hands and when this hand occurred i had doubled up and my opponent had just reloaded.  he had started to 3 bet me a fair bit and the only previous time i 4 bet it he insta folded.  i have £107~ and villain has £45~ i raise the button with AK offsuit.  i make it £1.50.  villain re raises and makes it £4.50.  i 4 bet it making it £10.50. villain flat calls. the flop comes 10d 7d 6c and we both check. turn comes the A of hearts.  villain checks and i bet into the pot for £12 and villain insta shoves all in for another £23~ What do we do? do i call? if so what am i expecting to beat? do i fold?  what am i folding to?  
    Posted by huuuuume
    I WOULD HAVE HIM ON A PAIR OF DIAMONDS POSSIBLY THINKING YOU HAVE ACE WITH SMALL KICKER. SO TRYING TO FOLD YOU OF WITH A CHANCE OF CATCHING A FLUSH ON THE RIVER. I WOULD HAVE CALLED BUT ITS EASY WHEN ITS NOT YOUR CASH
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: heads up at.25/.50:
    Bet/folding turn is pretty bad. i suppose if villain was any good he would know you have AK like all the time here and is expecting you to call, so fold. Its clear villain isnt any good because whatever he had he played it terribly. Srsly flatcalling 4bets with any hand that beats AK on this board i would just take a note and continue playing him for as long as possible. I would prefer to check back the turn most of the time.
    Posted by offshoot
    I like checking back the turn here also.
  • edited July 2009
    i called...villain showed 76 suited for the flopped 2 pair and it held.  thoughts?
  • edited July 2009
    Your 4 bet is too small, you pretty much min-raised him. I think you should have made it 14 or 15 quid and then he probably folds pre flop.
  • edited July 2009
    Your 4 bet is too small, you pretty much min-raised him. I think you should have made it 14 or 15 quid and then he probably folds pre flop.
    Posted by stokesyph
    Yeah, I would make it about 14 pre. If he doesnt fold, it makes your decision easier on the turn.
    As played I would have called too. Reckon TPTK was ahead of most of villains range
  • edited July 2009
    dont i want my villain to be seeing the flop when i have AK and he has 76?  i also have position
  • edited July 2009
    i like the 4bet size. If hes 3betting a lot and you know hes calling 4bets with hands like 67 you can widen your 4bet value range to include hands like AJ, TT, 99 and just dont 4bet bluff.
  • edited July 2009
    dont i want my villain to be seeing the flop when i have AK and he has 76?  i also have position
    Posted by huuuuume
    Fair point its just by min raising he is going to call with any two so its going to be much harder to put him on a hand and you're making it harder for yourself. Also if my maths is correct he is getting about 3.5 to 1 to call so he is almost getting the odds to call even if you had aces. You're only a 6/4 favourite with AK vs 76 so i would be happy to take it down pre flop rather than getting into difficult spots like this one.