You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

interesting hand deep in last nights 6k rebuy vs skypoker reg

edited February 2016 in The Poker Clinic
Hi

Hand is on the last 3 tables of last nights rebuy id like some opinions from players who know what theyre talking about
Is this a bad bluff or the worst river card of all time ?
Hand is from memory but i remember quite well

Blinds were 1.5k 3k i think

Bearlyther (115k) raises from sb to around 6.6k
jubb defends (95k) with 86dd

flop comes 7 9 2 (2 spades) bearlyther makes a large bet i think it was around 75% of pot
jubb calls
Turn comes 9 (cant remember suit) bearlther checks and jubb bets 13.2k
bearlyther calls

river comes k of spades
Bearlyther checks and jubb shoves all in

Bearlyther calls with kk and the fullhouse lol

now afew points:
Juding from villains flop bet sizing im not putting him on a FD, it looked like he was trying to protect his hand
I know with 68dd i dont block any spades but I would of jammed any spade river just because i felt he didnt have a flush from the point above
It would be interesting to know your thoughts as to what calling range you would have on this river, and also interesting to know what bearlyther would of done if the river came spades but on king
Im probably checking back river without a spade however i have an open ended straight so there were quite afew options

Sorry if this doesnt read well I was in a rush when posting ! 

Your thoughts would be appreciated thanks

Comments

• edited February 2016
    Yeah think its fine to represent the flush on end, we'd value bet all our hit flushes so we should bluff somehands as well, really the only bluffs we can have are 86s, t8 and jt. If the river isnt the Ks but another spade it puts him in a tough spot and i think he might lay it down. Not sure how much is in the pot by the end but we might be able to bet a bit smaller than all in and expect him to fold the same hands that fold to a jam
  • edited February 2016
    I just cant help beating myself up over this hand but that makes me feel abit better
    I kind of feel that alot of good regs on sky are playing a more convservative approach to mtts and its working for them
    Maybe with 100k chips at this point I could avoid getting into such spots but I dunno .. sometimes i like playing aggro

maybe im just talking rubbish though :D any other comments on the hand are welcome