You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

More about poker than just being good

edited March 2016 in The Poker Clinic
Now this is unfortunately going to be a rant post.

Most of you on this site are nice guys, some sociable and friendly at the tables, there are also some of you that are just monumental D***s!

This is primarily aimed at some of the regs, but it applies to everyone. This is poker, that includes several bad beats, several winning streaks and several losing streaks. Variance affects us all, but why is it that some people feel the need to fully berate those who they lose to.

I wont name anyone, but I was involved in a table, whereby a recreational player made a play against a reg who flopped the nuts, by the river the recreational player got there and got the double up. The reg then told him "whats are you even doing, your terrible", among many other things he was saying. 
The guy stayed playing at the table for a little bit then stood up saying" im bored listening this now". 

This player may have potentially left this game because of this rant.

You can be the best player in the world, but if your a d**k your losing value. And it creates a negative atmosphere aswell as doesnt look good for skypoker in general. 
I get peed off just as much as the next guy, just say nh and get over it you self ritcheous AHOLES!

Rant over

Comments

• edited February 2016
    Yes. Best response is Nh or wp.

Berating and heckling is awful. It's their money. Why do they have to play it the way somebody else thinks they should.
  • edited February 2016
    Always think it's really ironic and hypocritical when regs do this, like the very same instance that they are criticising someone for doing something which loses them money, they're doing something which loses them money.

Plus the whole aim of the game is to get the other guy to make as big a mistake as you possibly can, it's not like when you flop the nuts you start setting to work trying to get someone to fold.

• edited February 2016
    Really annoys me, the very essence of why they are playing is completely contradticed by their nob head attitudes towards players who get there
  • edited February 2016
    I agree hole hearty with your post no matter what just be nice it costs nothing 
  • edited March 2016
    I got grief over posts I made on here by one player, then another joined in. 

I stole next few pots with muck hands then won big with a real hand as they thought I was on tilt. I don't get why people are a**holes in chat. Especially at low buy ins. Life on the net.