You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can anyone spot the mistake here? Or am i wrong?

edited February 2016 in Feedback & Suggestions

Hand number 1008345231
Date 2016-02-25
Time 17:34:50

Hope someone can resolve this for me...
I am confused as I thought a flush to the King would always win over a flush to a Ten..... Am I wrong?

Comments

• edited February 2016
    Can you post the details of the hand?
    It'll be ~ 17.34 days before the picture gets approved for us to see ;-)

• edited February 2016
    Sorry I'm new to this. Basically I was kicked off a 10pts buy in - Omaha - tournament as I went all in with a flush to the King yet the hand that took me out was a flush to the Ten. I thought no matter the hand a flush to the highest would be the winning hand?
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Can anyone spot the mistake here? Or am i wrong?:
    Sorry I'm new to this. Basically I was kicked off a 10pts buy in - Omaha - tournament as I went all in with a flush to the King yet the hand that took me out was a flush to the Ten. I thought no matter the hand a flush to the highest would be the winning hand?
    Posted by 19JB87

Not your fault mate. Photo approval on here is a manual process and can take... let's just say, a while.

You're correct that the higher flush wins. Can you post the hand you had plus the board run-out?

• edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Can anyone spot the mistake here? Or am i wrong? : Surely only YOU can see that hand Nosey  with your minces. Are they x-rayed?
    Posted by chilling

Not x-ray mate, just wonky.
    But beautiful.

• edited February 2016
    Wasn't Omaha hi-lo mate. My cards were 5h As 2h Kc and the community cards were 10c 7c 9c 4c 7d. The player who took me out won with a flush to the 10 .. not a straight flush. Once photo eventually uploads it's there in black and white.
    Thanks for your responses.
  • edited February 2016
    Wasn't Omaha hi-lo mate. My cards were 5h As 2h Kc and the community cards were 10c 7c 9c 4c 7d. The player who took me out won with a flush to the 10 .. not a straight flush. Once photo eventually uploads it's there in black and white. Thanks for your responses.
    Posted by 19JB87

Okay :)

You didn't have a King high flush, as you only had one of the suit in your hand. You have to use exactly two cards from your hand and three from the board (unlike Hold 'em) to make the best five card hand.

Your hand is 7c 7d 10c (from the board) + As Kc (from your hand) - one pair.

Your opponent would have had two clubs in his hand - hence the win.

• edited February 2016
    Nosey-Bonk thank you mate for clearing that up for me it's been driving me bonkers for 2 days. Shows I'm no pro poker player dosen't it haha. I never knew that I had to hold 2 of the same suit for a flush. Well I do now! :) 

Thank you NB 
  • edited February 2016
    Still a shame 'sky help' could not clear that up for me though.. been on to them for 2 days for an answer / explanation via chat and email and they still haven't cleared it up.

They aught to give u a job NB haha ��
  • edited February 2016
    Sky help do all they can to help.
    But I think it's Down to lucc whether the operator knows their poker. 
    The cc ppl cover bingo and all other unimportant stuff :D
  • edited February 2016
    Still a shame 'sky help' could not clear that up for me though.. been on to them for 2 days for an answer / explanation via chat and email and they still haven't cleared it up. They aught to give u a job NB haha ��
    Posted by 19JB87
    Hi,  Sky do Help on the table.!    I used to make the same mistake while chopping from Holden to Omaha ....... if you need to check in future look under the Community Cards on the flop, turn, river...... it will tell you what hand you have !  this is very handy if you expand into PLO8.... high & low. ?   hth  gl
  • edited February 2016
    Still a shame 'sky help' could not clear that up for me though.. been on to them for 2 days for an answer / explanation via chat and email and they still haven't cleared it up. They aught to give u a job NB haha ��
    Posted by 19JB87
    Just do this.....

Go To OPTIONS (top left of table)

then.....

TABLE OPTIONS

Then......

SHOW HAND DESCRIPTION

Your best hand will then be displayed under the "Board" cards. If you are playing PLO8, it will rotate between the High & The Low every 10 seconds or so.
  • edited February 2016

The mistake you have made here is one that almost EVERY player new to PLO or PLL8 makes when they first begin playing The Great Game. Few ever make the mistake again, it's just part of learning.

I'm not criticising you - the more players who move across to The Great Game the better, imo - but it is the players responsibility to know the rules of poker.

There is tons of educational stuff on the Sky Poker Site, some of it is well worth a read.

Try THIS & THIS for starters & if you gave any questions, just ask.