You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What am i doing wrong?

edited March 2016 in The Poker Clinic
Ive played the main event of the evening, the 10k b/h this week 4 times.

Ive finished 20th 13th 10th and just now 12th ,
Ive been average stack each time with about 25 left.
im finding myself getting annoyed at how im barreling out just before the cash gets good,
im a fairly loose aggro player
the ways ive gone out have been fairly sick, QQ vs KK, AK vs KK

my question is do you guys find yourselves becoming tighter late in tourneys and is it better?,
i usually 3 bet and bet turns etc with or without a hand, i find ill lose a hand that leaves me about 20-25 bigs which isnt enough for me to make moves then i go out in a sick cooler a few hands later lmao

any advice would be appriciated thanks,

Comments

• edited February 2016
    Hi Woozy7. 

Do you know how to post hands ?

• edited March 2016
    In Response to What am i doing wrong?:
    Ive played the main event of the evening, the 10k b/h this week 4 times. Ive finished 20th 13th 10th and just now 12th , Ive been average stack each time with about 25 left. im finding myself getting annoyed at how im barreling out just before the cash gets good, im a fairly loose aggro player the ways ive gone out have been fairly sick, QQ vs KK, AK vs KK my question is do you guys find yourselves becoming tighter late in tourneys and is it better?, i usually 3 bet and bet turns etc with or without a hand, i find ill lose a hand that leaves me about 20-25 bigs which isnt enough for me to make moves then i go out in a sick cooler a few hands later lmao any advice would be appriciated thanks,
    Posted by woozy7

Hi, your thread title was " what am i doing wrong".
    To give you an honest answer, id say not alot. To get them finishes shows great consistency and is something you should be proud of.
    Its unfortunate however, that the majority of the money in MTT;s is at the top and therefore decisions you make with 2 tables left can be worth lots and lots of ££, meaning mistakes are extremely costly.
    If ur going out of games losing the type of coolers / set up hands that you stated, then just keep at it, it will change. If there is an underlying problem, then thats a different issue. It may be that your benefit from studying your own game, or working with a coach or watching/reading some material.

Also one other comment, you said 20/25 bb's isnt enough for you to make moves. The reality is, that should be plenty of chips to maneuver if played correctly, especially on sky which has no antes.

Good luck!