You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Football Index

edited March 2016 in Betting Chat
Anyone on here have any experience on football index?

Have deposited a small amount to see what it's about. But wondered if anyone on here has any experience of it? Any tips would be grateful. What sort of players to look for and how long to keep them as part of your portfolio?

Comments

• edited March 2016
    just checked it out... looks right up my street let me know how you get on
  • edited March 2016
    Thanks you too.

I deposited £50 and invested it between 4 players, I didn't really know where to begin, pretty much just threw 4 darts and i'll see how they get on.

- Romelu Lukaku (Hopefully have a good end to the season and a good Euros)
    - Christian Eriksen (Consistent performer)
    - Andros Townsend (Very Cheap price and if he has a decent end to season, can see him being picked for Euros, he's one of those players that Roy loves, for some reason, so his value could go up quickly.)
    - Sadio Mane (Again very cheap, not played much recently but was attracting interest from big clubs earlier in season, so hopefully he can pick up quickly)

Might be good time to get on Hazard as his popularity can easily rise again if he gets back to anywhere near the form of last season.

Who knows?

Really hoping someone out there can point me in the right direction.
  • edited March 2016
    Looks very interesting - might have a go!
  • edited March 2016
    Bump.

So i have a total of £99.05 invested over 6 players.

Eden Hazard - £24.54
    Gareth Bale - £24.75
    Romelu Lukaku - £17.55
    Christian Eriksen - £14.58
    Andros Townsend - £7.85
    Sadio Mane - £9.78

Been going about a week now and my portfolio is down £2.06 (2.08%).

Just going to watch how it does over the next few weeks. Anyone else given it a go?
  • edited March 2016
    I,ve had a little look at it

How quickly can the prices go up or down.

For example - Hazard has just gone off in Champs leaugue game against Paris St, Germain with what looks like a thigh strain. Has his price gone down much?

also how does the site make money off it. Is it on a percentage of sales?
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Football Index:
    I,ve had a little look at it How quickly can the prices go up or down. For example - Hazard has just gone off in Champs leaugue game against Paris St, Germain with what looks like a thigh strain. Has his price gone down much? also how does the site make money off it. Is it on a percentage of sales?
    Posted by MP33
    I'm very new to this so still learning lots and seeing how much the prices actually move.

Hazard hasnt gone down yet, I don't think minor injuries affect the price too much, but we'll see.

Dele Alli, Jamie Vardy and Riyad Marhez are all up near the top of the board, so imagine people who had them at the start when they were cheap have done well.

Each day the player who tops the buzz list, pays a 20p dividend for each future you hold. I think this buzz list is the player in the news the most that day. Yesterday Giroud was top. Today Hazard is 3rd at the min so nearly had a dividend payout, but looks like Costa will top that today.

The site charges 2% when you sell players.

• edited March 2016
    I,ve had a little look at it How quickly can the prices go up or down. For example - Hazard has just gone off in Champs leaugue game against Paris St, Germain with what looks like a thigh strain. Has his price gone down much? also how does the site make money off it. Is it on a percentage of sales?
    Posted by MP33
    I'm very new to this so still learning lots and seeing how much the prices actually move.

Hazard hasnt gone down yet, I don't think minor injuries affect the price too much, but we'll see.

Dele Alli, Jamie Vardy and Riyad Marhez are all up near the top of the board, so imagine people who had them at the start when they were cheap have done well.

Each day the player who tops the buzz list, pays a 20p dividend for each future you hold. I think this buzz list is the player in the news the most that day. Yesterday Giroud was top. Today Hazard is 3rd at the min so nearly had a dividend payout, but looks like Costa will top that today.

The site charges 2% when you sell players.

• edited March 2016
    love the look of this I will be investing in some players today too.. let you know how i get on and who I buy.. Keep us posted splash.
  • edited March 2016
    splashies i just bought harry kane for £30 and 5 futures.. what does this mean?? haha I didnt mean to do it.
  • edited March 2016
    splashies i just bought harry kane for £30 and 5 futures.. what does this mean?? haha I didnt mean to do it.
    Posted by mrdavies
    If you got 5 futures in Harry Kane, should have cost you about £21 i think. Wheres the other £9 gone?
  • edited March 2016
    Update:

Eden Hazard topped Thursdays buzz list, so that pays 20p per future, which gives me a dividend payout of £1.20, boom!

Portfolio Cost: £99.05
    Current Value: £96.33

Dividends: £1.20
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Football Index : If you got 5 futures in Harry Kane, should have cost you about £21 i think. Wheres the other £9 gone?
    Posted by splashies
    YeH it was £21 sorry, I bought him rues, kante, higuain