You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Viva Las Vegas Leagues have arrived - 15 Vegas packages on offer.

edited March 2016 in Poker Chat

Details are HERE

Total Promo value approx. £50,000.

Any questions, fire away.

Comments

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Viva Las Vegas Leagues have arrived - 15 Vegas packages on offer.:
    Details are HERE Total Promo value approx. £50,000. Any questions, fire away.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Q. How old do I need to be to gamble in Las Vegas?

You have to be 21.

Q. What happens if I win a Viva Las Vegas package but I am not 21?

You will be eligible to take part in the trip to Las Vegas, but you will not be able to take part in the tournament. You will not be given any alternative cash or prize for the buy-in of the tournament.

• edited March 2016

Anything for MTT players (apart from the sats into the finals, obv) along the same lines as these Leagues? You could always use aussiescope to find the best 100 loyal Sky tournament players and chuck them in a winner takes all/second chance f/roll too. Already know the answer TBF, but just putting it out there.
  • edited March 2016
    When it says all SNGs count does that include Russian roulette?

This and the "what about the MTT players" question should keep the thread going for a while.

PS Looks a great promo - I wont be threatening the top spots but there is the incentive to go for the extra cash rewards and the 99 entry freerolls. Just as I was wondering where the volume incentives were this month after the great double points and 5 a day promos.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas Leagues have arrived - 15 Vegas packages on offer.:
    When it says all SNGs count does that include Russian roulette? This and the "what about the MTT players" question should keep the thread going for a while. PS Looks a great promo - I wont be threatening the top spots but there is the incentive to go for the extra cash rewards and the 99 entry freerolls. Just as I was wondering where the volume incentives were this month after the great double points and 5 a day promos.
    Posted by Phantom66
    I think both Maxally and Phantom have both raised the questions that I would have asked so I'll avoid repetition :)
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas Leagues have arrived - 15 Vegas packages on offer.:
    Anything for MTT players (apart from the sats into the finals, obv) along the same lines as these Leagues? You could always use aussiescope to find the best 100 loyal Sky tournament players and chuck them in a winner takes all/second chance f/roll too. Already know the answer TBF, but just putting it out there.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Why?
  • edited March 2016
    When it says all SNGs count does that include Russian roulette? This and the "what about the MTT players" question should keep the thread going for a while. PS Looks a great promo - I wont be threatening the top spots but there is the incentive to go for the extra cash rewards and the 99 entry freerolls. Just as I was wondering where the volume incentives were this month after the great double points and 5 a day promos.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Morning Mr Phantom,

Well the Promo blurb states.....

"All Sit & Go's count....."

So I'd say, yes, it does, as Russian Roulettes are in the SNG Lobby. I'll check though, & confirm.
  • edited March 2016
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Hi Alan,

You gave me the question & the answer, then said you already knew. Makes my job so much easier. ;)

For the record, no, nothing in this Promo for MTT players. In effect, the MTT players have a skill advantage in the Satellites over the Cash & SNG players, so they have something already.

MTT's sit rather awkwardly in Promos, as it's tough to devise a Promo that works for them, but on balance, it feels right to me that they have the advantage in Satellites & the Final, as they are, in effect, MTT's.
  • edited March 2016

CONFIRMED - Russian Roulettes DO count towards this Promo.
  • edited March 2016
    Posted by Tikay10
    Good news
    I can ignore this part of the promotion now and concentrate on the sats.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas Leagues have arrived - 15 Vegas packages on offer. : Good news I can ignore this part of the promotion now and concentrate on the sats.
    Posted by Jac35
    Ha, I get your drift, but don't forget the 2nd Chance Freeroll, for the top 99 players (excluding 1st) can still win a VLV Package.

Anyway, hope you win a package one way or another, you'd love Vegas, the thrill of getting through the Bubble, & a "Players Meal" at one of the best restaurants in Las Vegas.
  • edited March 2016

Calling all MTT players......

My comments above stand, but I understand there is an MTT based promo in the pipeline, quite soon.

Might even have a few VLV packages included........
  • edited March 2016
    Posted by Tikay10
    Disappointed about that.

Some previous SNG points races have excluded them and some have allowed them.

No self interest at play - I wouldnt be up there with or without RR.

I would have hoped it would be a promotion to incentivise and reward the best SNG grinders on the site. 

I doubt they will go for it knowing a couple of high rollers can just spin up high value RR tables to take the top prize.

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas Leagues have arrived - 15 Vegas packages on offer. : Disappointed about that. Some previous SNG points races have excluded them and some have allowed them. No self interest at play - I wouldnt be up there with or without RR. I would have hoped it would be a promotion to incentivise and reward the best SNG grinders on the site.  I doubt they will go for it knowing a couple of high rollers can just spin up high value RR tables to take the top prize.
    Posted by Phantom66
    I completely get that, but maybe that's why they added the 2nd Chance Freeroll.
  • edited March 2016
    Yes the 2nd chance freerolls are good - Judging from the published results of past SNG points races, I suspect a lot of recreational SNG players will qualify for that playing their normal volume which is brilliant. 

I have always been anti having RR on the site full stop, but in races like this it can totally skew the results away from the regs.

I suppose it will generate extra rake so the bean counter suits will like it, maybe some poker enthusiast suits will educate them that RR isn't poker - it's a coin flip. 

Having a large enough bankroll to withstand the guaranteed loss proposition of flipping a coin for large amounts of money and paying the house a % for the privilege shouldn't imo be the deciding factor in winning a points race promotion. Especially not one with such a high profile prize and the chance to represent skypoker in the WSOP.

• edited March 2016
    Is there any cash prizes for 2-99th on the leaderboard or just the freeroll? Cheers!
  • edited March 2016
    Is there any cash prizes for 2-99th on the leaderboard or just the freeroll? Cheers!
    Posted by BigHawk89
    Hi Hawk,

Yes, each of 5 "Second Chance Freerolls" awards 1 x £3,500 Viva Las Package, & in addition, a £3,000 prizepool, so each Second Chance Freeroll is worth £6,500.

Here's how it is paid......

1st£3,500 Viva Las Vegas Package
    2nd£500
    3rd£400
    4th£350
    5th & 6th£300
    7th & 8th£250
    9th - 12th£200
    13th - 17th£150
    18th - 21st£100
    22nd - 26th£80
    27th - 32nd£50
  • edited March 2016
    Posted by BigHawk89

Good question.

There was a table yesterday that I thought listed cash prizes for 2nd to 100th.

It has gone now though and the text just refers to the 2nd chance freeroll.

edit:answered.
  • edited March 2016
    Yes the 2nd chance freerolls are good - Judging from the published results of past SNG points races, I suspect a lot of recreational SNG players will qualify for that playing their normal volume which is brilliant.  I have always been anti having RR on the site full stop, but in races like this it can totally skew the results away from the regs. I suppose it will generate extra rake so the bean counter suits will like it, maybe some poker enthusiast suits will educate them that RR isn't poker - it's a coin flip.  Having a large enough bankroll to withstand the guaranteed loss proposition of flipping a coin for large amounts of money and paying the house a % for the privilege shouldn't imo be the deciding factor in winning a points race promotion. Especially not one with such a high profile prize and the chance to represent skypoker in the WSOP.
    Posted by Phantom66
    I absolutely get that, but as I said earlier, maybe that's why the Second Chance Freerolls were added. To qualify for them, the Top 100 in each League all qualify. There are 5 of those Second Chance Freerolls, each of them has a £3,500 VLV Package plus a £3,000 Prize Pool.

So players "only" have to be in the Top 100, & they still get a shot at the Vegas package. That seems reasonable to me.

There's also a Cash League, of course, & as I noted earlier, something for the MTT guys is also planned.

So something for everyone, really, & a load of packages on offer - only 15 of the Sideys are in the Satellite Tree, the rest are reserved for various Promos.

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas Leagues have arrived - 15 Vegas packages on offer. : Good question. There was a table yesterday that I thought listed cash prizes for 2nd to 100th. It has gone now though and the text just refers to the 2nd chance freeroll. edit:answered.
    Posted by Phantom66
    It is still there, I just looked at it to C & P those numbers.

Try
    THIS
  • edited March 2016

Am I looking in the wrong place (weekly sit n go leaderboard) (even though it's fortnightly)

If you "refresh the page" does the table disappear?

I just get this...no mention of cash

Are any other prizes awarded as part of the Sit & Go league? 

Yes, a private £3,000 Second Chance Freeroll. For both leagues each week, the top 99 finishers (top 100 excluding 1st) will get access to the freeroll. The winner of the freeroll will be awarded a Viva Las Vegas package, the £3,000 will be paid out as part of the prizepool. In essence the freeroll has an overall value of £6,500. A £3,500 VLV package and £3,000 in the prizepool in addition to the seat.

For more freeroll information please see the drop down box named 'How can I play in a 2nd Chance Freeroll?'

Sit & Go League Leaderboard 

We will post a daily update of the Sit & Go League here.

*Please allow until midday the following day for this leaderboard to be updated.  

• edited March 2016
    Am I looking in the wrong place (weekly sit n go leaderboard) (even though it's fortnightly) If you "refresh the page" does the table disappear? I just get this...no mention of cash Are any other prizes awarded as part of the Sit & Go league?   Yes, a private £3,000 Second Chance Freeroll. For  both  leagues each week, the top 99 finishers (top 100 excluding 1st) will get access to the freeroll. The winner of the freeroll will be awarded a Viva Las Vegas package, the £3,000 will be paid out as part of the prizepool. In essence the freeroll has an overall value of £6,500. A £3,500 VLV package and £3,000 in the prizepool in addition to the seat. For more freeroll information please see the drop down box named 'How can I play in a 2nd Chance Freeroll?' Sit & Go League Leaderboard   We will post a daily update of the Sit & Go League here. *Please allow until midday the following day for this leaderboard to be updated.    
    Posted by Phantom66
    Just click "How can I play in a 2nd Chance Freeroll?", which is the 4th of the 8 drop-down menus.  
  • edited March 2016
    Aha I see thanks.

There is no cash guaranteed for finishing 2nd-100th.

The cash is based on finishing places in the FR - with finishing position in the league giving a chip stack advantage.

Interesting twist and does give the recs a shot.

Might even put people off loading up the RR tables if missing out on 1st does not guarantee cash (I can live in hope on that one)

• edited March 2016
    Aha I see thanks. There is no cash guaranteed for finishing 2nd-100th. The cash is based on finishing places in the FR - with finishing position in the league giving a chip stack advantage. Interesting twist and does give the recs a shot. Might even put people off loading up the RR tables if missing out on 1st does not guarantee cash (I can live in hope on that one)
    Posted by Phantom66
    Oh I see, yes, not GUARANTEED, no, I meant there is cash on offer.

Apols if I misunderstooded.

It might put players off if there is no Guarantee? Well it might, yes, but I would imagine The Business have assessed that possibility & think otherwise, as they have rather more data at their fingertips thank you & I.

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas Leagues have arrived - 15 Vegas packages on offer. : Oh I see, yes, not GUARANTEED, no, I meant there is cash on offer. Apols if I misunderstooded.   It might put players off if there is no Guarantee? Well it might, yes, but I would imagine The Business have assessed that possibility & think otherwise, as they have rather more data at their fingertips thank you & I.  
    Posted by Tikay10

With it being a £3500 package for 1st, or potentially £0 for 2nd will that make people take more chances to try and get 1st or less?

I don't know - but it will be interesting to observe how it plays out.