You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Slate my play plz

edited February 2010 in Hold'em Poker Strategy
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
kegsy100 Small blind  £0.50 £0.50 £145.52
Boyler8 Big blind  £1.00 £1.50 £220.88
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • J

kegsy100 Raise  £2.50 £4.00 £143.02
Boyler8 Raise  £10.00 £14.00 £210.88
kegsy100 Call  £8.00 £22.00 £135.02
Flop

• K

Boyler8 Bet  £11.00 £33.00 £199.88
kegsy100 Call  £11.00 £44.00 £124.02
Turn

Boyler8 Check     
kegsy100 Check     
River

• Q

Boyler8 Bet  £33.00 £77.00 £166.88
kegsy100 All-in  £124.02 £201.02 £0.00
Boyler8 Fold     
kegsy100 Muck     
kegsy100 Win  £200.02  £200.02

Comments

• edited February 2010
    Villain is a solid reg who plays alot of heads up, looking back I think I should have two barrelled here as most strong hands would raise the flop on such a wet board.  I basically gave up on the turn, when he checks it back he does have alot of flush draws and combo draws, a10ss jqss?  What is the best line on the river check call, bet fold?  I think he is capable of turning a hand into a bluff on the river, but don't think i played the hand well
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Slate my play plz:
    Villain is a solid reg who plays alot of heads up, looking back I think I should have two barrelled here as most strong hands would raise the flop on such a wet board.  I basically gave up on the turn, when he checks it back he does have alot of flush draws and combo draws, a10ss jqss?  What is the best line on the river check call, bet fold?  I think he is capable of turning a hand into a bluff on the river, but don't think i played the hand well
    Posted by Boyler8

Try answering some basic questions about what hands that he plays this way. 

how wide does he call the preflop?

how wide does he peel the flop?

why does he not bet the turn?

What does your hand look like when you dont bet the turn?

What are you repping on the river and what are you trying to get value from?

how often in your life time will you be able to  play a hand this way and then bet and call the river?

what is he repping when he shoves?

btw I call but I dont like preflop or the river bet size.
  • edited February 2010
    dont like how u got there, ut im never folding
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Slate my play plz : Try answering some basic questions about what hands that he plays this way.  how wide does he call the preflop? how wide does he peel the flop? why does he not bet the turn? What does your hand look like when you dont bet the turn? What are you repping on the river and what are you trying to get value from? how often in your life time will you be able to  play a hand this way and then bet and call the river? what is he repping when he shoves? btw I call but I dont like preflop or the river bet size.
    Posted by beaneh
    :toppa:

- due to us being deep I think he would call preflop slightly wider than if we were 100bbs but I still think his range is mainly broadway, or suited connectors. 

-Haven't got alot of info on how wide he peels, but unless he was going for a pure float i think his range contains jq, a10, kq kj, j10, q9 and smaller sooted connectors with the flush draw.

-If he had a made hand he would most likely bet the turn imo, but he could be wary of a check raise and pot control, he bets any air on the turn.  I really think he would check back a combo draw picked up on the turn.

-Yea I see on the river it is bad bet sizing, probably wouldn't get looked up by 2 pairs and creates the problem I faced, I don't know what my perceived range is looks alot like I have aj..

Is my thinking way off?  Software is very laggy on my laptop and I sometimes only have a second or two to act
  • edited February 2010
    I'd flat pre unless we're each going crazy when it'd be a 3 bet 5 bet shove kinda scenario!

What does he think of you, how many hands have you played what have you shown down and how? How did you get your stacks? Was this a 6 max game that broke or just plain HU, are you playing him on more than one table?

You cant have spades because you'd most likely bet turn. He can have spades but then again what combos to play this way. Floating flop with air? 

Also I think you're most likely playing into his strategy by 3 betting this hand pre. When he makes it 2.5 he wants you to 3 bet to a smaller size because his raise is smaller. he can then peel more in position and sheeet in your mouth down the streets especially with 150bbs+.

hands he could be turning into a bruff, mid pairs.

Your river size is so weird it seems like AJ/QQ or a really weirdly played flush and then you get shoved on lol. I just cant see what 2 spades he can have. He could well have AJ aswell.

Just call. And maybe doing some of your thinking before you make the bet so that you can max how much thinking time you have on the river. Ie dont bet quick if you know you wanna bet wait a few secs and think about what could happen next and why and how you would continue.
  • edited February 2010
    he cant really have mid pairs what am I talking about. he could be shoving worse for value though (QQ/QT). lemme think.

flushes
    AJs/ATs/JTs/J9s/T9s/T9s/T7s

he's got to have raise called, flatted the flop and checked back the turn with these all of which picked up equity but would be unlikely to bet the turn for fear of being check raised (though I cant see you c/r this turn much with it being so wet so he probably shouldn't be worried about that).

• edited February 2010

J9cc id go 4.

I think you have to call.

• edited February 2010
    J9cc id go 4. I think you have to call.
    Posted by dantb10
    hmm why had I completely forgotten about missed clubs, and missed club turned to valuecutting hands. meh
  • edited February 2010

Thanks folks for the feedback, think I should have called, in fact been ready to snap it off.  I am at the top of my range and he knows he can push me off a lot of hands im betting for value on river.  Think the problem was my bet sizing, going to cut down on the number of tables I play to stop autopiloting and try to cut out leaks like this.

• edited February 2010
    Thanks folks for the feedback, think I should have called, in fact been ready to snap it off.  I am at the top of my range and he knows he can push me off a lot of hands im betting for value on river.  Think the problem was my bet sizing, going to cut down on the number of tables I play to stop autopiloting and try to cut out leaks like this.
    Posted by Boyler8

so you were 1 tabling him on the side of one of your sessions?

that's a great way to hand him ev on a plate lol.
  • edited February 2010
    Raise to 8/8.50 pre is better, if you don't like playing these hands in deeper 3bet pots oop there's nothing wrong with flatting.

River is snap call I think you would of seen a split, I don't see him bluffing this after turn check.

I like 3barrelling these boards when villains only calls flop in general though.
  • edited February 2010

Kegsy enlighten us please !!! My guess missed flush draw....I couldn't call quick enough..

• edited February 2010
  • edited February 2010
    im calling all day long, hes sees the check on the turn as weak, trying to steal the river, i call EVERYTIME HERE if he has flush then ul. i think your splitting this pot maybe? he has A-J to? he basically plays the hand the same, calling the flop to hit the str8, checking the turn for free card, hits it and goes allin?
  • edited February 2010
    Snap Call..... probably has missed club draw like aq clubs
  • edited February 2010
    Snap Call..... probably has missed club draw like aq clubs
    Posted by ChirpyChip
    Why would he shove that he has showdown value?
  • edited February 2010

i would of called what are the odds of him hitting a flush i would of put him on QK so thats a call for me

• edited February 2010
    Lol the hand has been covered with the earlier posts.  He does not have AQ of clubs or KQ.
  • edited February 2010
    im prob not folding even tho i think ur beat :-S i think ur first assumptions of QJss-ATss are prob right, he back doored the flush. mayb a bit weak to call a 3bet oop but then depends on his image of u (are u 3bettin regularly against steals)  I dont think its a busted club F-draw as i think he may have re-raised/shoved flop with max fold equity, boards too wet for him to flat call TT-AA K10-AK he woulda re raised flop for info/protection. He could have AJ...everything else seems unlikely in my eyes, but then i dunno how he plays so my best bet would QJ,A10 spades

as for the river play, thinks its fine, i guess check-call wouldnt be so bad