You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Online Champion - SPOC

Hi Sky Rich and all Sky Poker Players - This is my community suggestion.

Is it possible to have a Sky Online Poker Tour? My thoughts are very much open to suggestions.

I was thinking of something like, a knockout satellite each evening, 20 players from each daily satelite gain entry to a weekly sky online poker tour event, then 25 players from the weekly online poker tour event, move on to a sky online poker tour quarter final event to be held quarterly throughout the year, then 50 players from each quarter final move on to a sky online poker tour semi-final, then 50 players from the semi-final move on to a Sky Online Poker Tour Final to be held the following week, with the last remaining six or so players getting a share of the payout and the winner is crowned Sky Online Poker Champion.

Blinds could be 10. 12, or even 15mins in the final (up to you)

It doesn't have to be this format at all, I am sure forum members & the sky poker team can come up with a format that works, but as long as it culminates in a yearly event so someone can get crowned Sky Online Poker Champion.

All suggestions, ideas and help from forum members & the sky team are welcome

Pokertrev
(Official Suite) 

Comments

• edited February 2010
    La Dee Da Dee Da...................It is a very lonely place in this community suggestion forum, you must do more to entice our poker playing community to this area me thinks. Just look at me, I have been sat here for a whole day like billy no mates, not just waiting for a reply from the the powers that be, but also waiting for a few suggestions to my post...........but no........not one..............zip..........nothing............I give up, I gotta go to bed Rich as I is feeling very unwanted.

Just Kidding.........See you in the morning Rich. 
  • edited February 2010
    an interesting idea, lets let the thread run and see what everyone else thinks...
  • edited February 2010
    This sounds like a fantastic idea i'd definatley be interested.
  • edited February 2010
    Sounds a very good idea of which i would be certainly interested in taking part!.
  • edited February 2010
    Very good idea. Why dont we call it Sky Total Player!!!!!!
  • edited February 2010
    Cheers for the support guys.
    Any suggestions on improving the format? 
  • edited February 2010
    A good mix of games on an online week long event would be good, inspiration obviously could be taken from FTOPS - MINI FTOPS - WCOOP style events with big guarantees - lots of events and lots of sats into big buy in tourneys
  • edited February 2010
    Great Idea, Trev, 

I'd be up for it
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Sky Online Poker Tour:
    Hi Sky Rich and all Sky Poker Players - This is my community suggestion. Is it possible to have a Sky Online Poker Tour? My thoughts are very much open to suggestions. I was thinking of something like, a knockout satellite each evening, 20 players from each daily satelite gain entry to a weekly sky online poker tour event, then 25 players from the weekly online poker tour event, move on to a sky online poker tour quarter final event to be held quarterly throughout the year, then 50 players from each quarter final move on to a sky online poker tour semi-final, then 50 players from the semi-final move on to a Sky Online Poker Tour Final to be held the following week, with the last remaining six or so players getting a share of the payout and the winner is crowned Sky Online Poker Champion. Blinds could be 10. 12, or even 15mins in the final (up to you) It doesn't have to be this format at all, I am sure forum members & the sky poker team can come up with a format that works, but as long as it culminates in a yearly event so someone can get crowned Sky Online Poker Champion. All suggestions, ideas and help from forum members & the sky team are welcome Pokertrev (Official Suite)      
    Posted by POKERTREV
    I have also come with an idea please see genral chat its called play the skyplayer but maybe we can now call it play the Sky Online Poker Champion.
  • edited February 2010
    Great idea Trev
  • edited February 2010
    CRACKING IDEA TREV
  • edited February 2010
    Sounds pretty good to me Trev!
  • edited February 2010
    Cheers Guys
    Certainly hope this idea has the legs to carry it forward, from what I hear the sky team have some great ideas in the pipeline for us also.

Winning something like this though would be a great notch for one of our sky players, there are some great online players on sky poker and to be labelled as the online champion would be just great.

Keep up the legwork peeps
    Pokertrev
    (Official Suite) 
  • edited February 2010
    great idea, but i think it should be called "the sky poker online championship" then at the end of the year we could have a current sky poker champion...
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Online Poker Tour:
    great idea, but i think it should be called "the sky poker online championship" then at the end of the year we could have a current sky poker champion...
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    This might just work Davey
    I am gonna change the title of the thread so it will gain more momentum 
  • edited February 2010
    Good idea, it has been mentioned many times before, as well as by myself. The idea never really kicks, off, maybe it will this time..??
  • igeige
    edited February 2010
    like it good idea well done
  • edited February 2010
    If you won this prestigious award - what poker player would you aspire to be like?
  • edited February 2010
    Who Do You Think Has Got What It Takes To Be Our Champion?
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Online Poker Tour:
    an interesting idea, lets let the thread run and see what everyone else thinks...
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Rich,
    A new poster has just made an identical suggestion in the Sky Poker Tournaments section and even with the same suggested name SPOC.
    You can safely say there is a lot of support for this.
  • edited February 2010
    hey there.

yeah for sure. as you say there does seem to be a lot of interest about this. as always i'll certainly pass the thread over to the poker guys.

i know that they do have a number of interesting ideas for the future.

More news on those 1) when i have it 2) when the plans are concrete.

thanks for the input everyone -we do really value your ideas and suggestions.