You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

This week's live Sky Poker TV show on Sky Sports!

edited March 2016 in Poker Chat
have a great show guys

Comments

• edited March 2016

Hi all and welcome to another week on Sky Poker,

TV-wise, we've got another live 'Grudge Match' show on this week: 

Tuesday March 8th at 10pm on Sky Sports 4.                     

And it's all on the net just 7 days later on our YouTube channel.

youtube.com/skypokerchannel

Last week’s show, featuring Anna, Ian Simpson, Ryan Spittles and Arsenal legend Ray Parlour is here

As for this week, it's our first ever REMATCH!   

Yeah, step aside Rocky Balboa and Apollo Creed, this is the sequel they've all been waiting for. It's...        

Kevin Williams

@Kevish47

Versus...

Former international footballer, now top pundit Tony Cascarino!

@TonyCascarino62

Your MC for the evening is: 

The man who once thought THIS hairstyle looked good...

@Richard_Orford

And presiding over the action like General Snoke in The Force Awakens is...

Tikay!

@Tony_Kendall

So, after Ian Simpson's latest trainwreck last week against Ray Parlour the scores on the doors now stand at Celebs 10- Pros 8.

Last time Kevin and Tony clashed (and remember, Tony is pretty decent round the table as far as our sports stars go) Kevin got a 6-0 hiding. So, can Kevin claw back any dignity for himself and our humiliated pro team? Or will Tony do the double on Kev and break not just him, but the whole pro team once and for all?

Don't miss it- Tuesday night at 10. And remember, to get in touch with the show on the night, post something on this thread or tweet us #skypokertv

• edited March 2016
    Has the cricket dude gone done a cancel then?

Not that I'd heard of him (only cricket person I've heard of is Beefy), just noticed the change in the post :-D

Always look forward to these shows. Best show on tele innit.

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: This week's live Sky Poker TV show on Sky Sports!:
    Has the cricket dude gone done a cancel then? Not that I'd heard of him (only cricket person I've heard of is Beefy), just noticed the change in the post :-D Always look forward to these shows. Best show on tele innit.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    I'm afraid so, yes, he has had to cancel.

I'd just completed many hours of research into his career when news came through that he was a no-show.*

*May not be 100% true.

• edited March 2016
    In Response to This week's live Sky Poker TV show on Sky Sports!:
    Hi all and welcome to another week on Sky Poker,   TV-wise, we've got another live 'Grudge Match' show on this week:  Tuesday March 8th at 1 0pm on Sky Sports 4 .                          And it's all on the net just 7 days later on our YouTube channel. youtube.com/skypokerchannel Last week’s show, featuring Anna, Ian Simpson, Ryan Spittles and Arsenal legend Ray Parlour is  here   As for this week, we've got...                                                            Kevin Williams @Kevish47     Versus... A celebrity recreational poker player tbc!                                             Your MC for the evening is:    The man who once thought THIS hairstyle looked good...     And presiding over the action like General Snoke in The Force Awakens is...           Tikay! @Tony_Kendall                                                                  So, after Ian Simpson's latest trainwreck last week against Ray Parlour the scores on the doors now stand at Celebs 10- Pros 8 . Can Kevin claw back any dignity for our humiliated pro team? Or will Steve finally break them all?   Don't miss it- Tuesday night at 10. And remember, to get in touch with the show on the night, post something on this thread or tweet us  #skypokertv
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    You are really limiting your search for a replacement if he has to be called Steve.
  • edited March 2016
    Who needs to search for a replacement celebrity rec when you've got one already.

Let's welcome the man who's got a hand named after him, thats right mr richard orford the man famous for his 4 card straight
  • edited March 2016
    get thierry henry on legend he is always on sky sports now as a pundit :)
  • edited March 2016

I don't know the fella at all and this isn't 100% directed at him exclusively but I just can't believe how unprofessional some people are.

It's really hard to get the right people for this show, the budget is not massive and when you can see on their website that the person gets £5000 for an after-dinner speech it's a waste of time asking them. They have to have a vague interest in poker and be capable of playing while having a nice chat, they could really do with being in London or visiting on a Tuesday and they need to be famous enough so that people don't say who the hell is that?

If you are an ex-sport star it must be hard...you may go from being a hero to people and in demand and earning big money to bored, unsure where your life is going and maybe earning nothing at all. Often media is a good move for these people...they get some exposure, people see they are smart and can articulate opinions and if they get a regular gig on Sky Sports doing commentary or being an analyst it can be a very good living. If they just get people to remember who they are so they can charge a bit more for opening a supermarket or sell some more autobiographies that is good too.

All of those things need them to get a little exposure and to be reliable.

Really they ought to be ringing Dan up and offering to pay him not "committing" to come and then cancelling the day before he is responsible for filling two hours of live television on a national channel. If it was BBC1 it is a less than 1% chance that they would suddenly be too busy.

It's a pity you can't do a bad Trip Advisor or an Amazon review on the people who cancel...unreliable...did not turn up to my TV show even though I booked him.

I've just typed all that in a rush...hope I don't get told his mum died or something terrible like that.
  • edited March 2016
    NEWS JUST IN!

Tonight the part of Steve Harmison will be played by Tony Cascarino.

It's a rematch between him and Kev Williams who he absolutely owned last time out. See OP for more details.
  • edited March 2016
    Any football questions for Tony to tackle? 

Fire them in on here or via twitter #skypokertv
  • edited March 2016
    Any football questions for Tony to tackle?  Fire them in on here or via twitter #skypokertv
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Tony,
    As an Englishman what was it like to play for Ireland?
    Regards
    Mick (a very unhappy Villa fan)

Oh and i won't be watching as i cant afford Sky Sports :-)
  • edited March 2016
    question for tony

leicester city are shocking the footballing world at the minute.

Do you believe they'll win the title?

Also how do you think they'll do next season?
  • edited March 2016
    Hi Tony
    what are your thoughts about the meeting the big 5 had about a european super league
    oh and teddy sherringham told me he is a better poker player than you :)
    UTMP
  • edited March 2016
    I have my own thoughts but where is all going wrong for villa? Danny (villa fan in pain)
  • edited March 2016
    I have my own thoughts but where is all going wrong for villa? Danny (villa fan in pain)
    Posted by Itsover4u
    your not alone, I too am in pain with the state of newcastle, attempt to use leicester city second team support as a diversion.

toon fan
  • edited March 2016
    Tony ... are you a better at cricket than Steve Harmison is at football?

;-) 
  • edited March 2016
    Is it true you were once transferred for a set of tracksuits?
  • edited March 2016
    Would Tony ever consider playing a B/h  on Sky poker with a decent knockout fee on his head, and a promise never to mentioin his Celtic spell ?

• edited March 2016
    great show guys
  • edited March 2016
    Thanks for asking the question Rich. Tonys answer is what i hoped he say
  • edited March 2016
    No worries Stokesy.

And thanks for all the messages from everyone last night.

It's always good to talk football with Tony Cascarino.