You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Darts live betting.

edited March 2016 in Betting Chat
Here's a situation you can cash in on.

I have done it a lot of times now and gradually raised my stakes.

Last night was a typical example.

MVG versus P Taylor in the final of the UK open Darts

The starting odds were something like  1/2 MVG and 2/1 taylor (not quite those odds but near enough for simplicity)

On Sky live betting - the odds change dramatically during the match depending on who is winning.

I placed £20 on Taylor to win.

And he raced away to a 4 -1 lead

At this point MVG's odds came out to 13/8 - so I banged £20 on him to win.

Now, I can't lose whoever wins.

It happens all the time in live darts betting where both players at some point in the match will have odds of better than evens, ensuring no matter the result - you will collect morew than you bet. 

Comments

• edited March 2016
    That's right chilling. As long as there is only one winner and a draw is not allowed.

• edited March 2016
    what if mvg goes 4-1 ahead lol  this is only good if the underdog is winning  if mvg raced to a lead please explain how this is a good bet to do
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Darts live betting.:
    what if mvg goes 4-1 ahead lol  this is only good if the underdog is winning  if mvg raced to a lead please explain how this is a good bet to do
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Yeah this is completly right.
    OP, it sounds like maybe youve been lucky the first times youve done it. This betting strategy will DEFINITELY lose you dollar long term
  • edited March 2016
    As with all betting - you have to stake what you can afford to lose.

I can only speak for darts in this case but you would be amazed how many matches to and fro during the game.

The odds to and fro with them

Once you have placed your first bet (that you are prepared to lose) you watch the match on TV and keep your eyes pinned on 'live beting'
    If the match swings, don't waste a second beting on the other player once he is above evens. (it happens in most matches where the players are around the same calibre)
    Now you can work out how much you have to come no mater who wins and this is spare money if you like.

You can use this to bet on further swings in the game

I have done it a lot and the match has sometimes swung 3 or 4 times. Each time I get more cash on.

NB: in the MVG - TAYLOR match it only swung once but £20 on each at the right time paid £50 for a £40 stake
    £10 for a £40 stake  I hear you say.............. £10 profit no matter who though
  • edited March 2016
    As with all betting - you have to stake what you can afford to lose.

I can only speak for darts in this case but you would be amazed how many matches to and fro during the game.

The odds to and fro with them

Once you have placed your first bet (that you are prepared to lose) you watch the match on TV and keep your eyes pinned on 'live beting'
    If the match swings, don't waste a second beting on the other player once he is above evens. (it happens in most matches where the players are around the same calibre)
    Now you can work out how much you have to come no mater who wins and this is spare money if you like.

You can use this to bet on further swings in the game

I have done it a lot and the match has sometimes swung 3 or 4 times. Each time I get more cash on.
  • edited March 2016
    Tennis works best for this theory.

First, you have to pick a match that you believe will be close. In play, markets over react to each point, particularly ones against the serve. Take a match where both players are 1.99 to win pre match. After one point, invariably the winner goes to 1.95 & the loser to 2.05. If you back the loser of each point then you are constantly backing a player at odds against.

If the match goes to a deciding set then you end up making a profit no matter who wins.

As posted earlier, you need to pick your match carefully because if it goes all one way then you can lose but select your matches carefully & it is profitable.

Never tried it on darts so can't really comment but I guess tennis is better for this method.
  • edited March 2016
    darts can have huge swings in some matches especialy wen a player can be 3/4 down and win 5 in the spin a good darts market i do quite well on is over under match180' and player180's also over under checkouts is a intresting one il post some for thursdays premier league ties always a few good games 
  • edited March 2016
    I,d just be careful Goody ace as you will get stung eventually. Its how often you can take them hits

1 tip i would give is check that your geting the best price when your placing your bets. Shop around 
  • edited March 2016
    tonights premier league looks intresting a few good matches first match is michal smith v anderson both not been playing well smith can hit a few 180'sso that match is most 180 smith 5/4 anderson should winnext match will be a corker peter wright v adrian lewis wright played realy well in the uk open at weekend and current joint league leader dosent score to many 180 but can hit a high checkout so highest checkout to him total 180 over6.5 van barney v james wade wades been struggling needs a win  both can hit a few 180 so over 5.5 match 1804/5 most 180 wade11/8thornton v taylor will b a odds on taylor wont be to many 180 but high checkout looks good and under10.5 legs main event dave chisnel v mvg mvg to win player performance over 4.5 180 checkout over 110 win match 7/2games can have ties in this format any one else think that brunette who does the walk on is hot?:)
  • edited March 2016
    Ah well, here's a funny tale of last weeks premier league darts. I looked at the matches and decided the Raymond van Barneveld V James Wade was going to be the closest.

Raymond was 2/1 so I bunged me £20 on him to win. (with my theory that during the match - the odds will fluctuate)
    Well James Wade flew out of the traps and RVB wasn't getting a look in. The odds never came close to evens for Wade. I though 'I've done my money'

I think the score got to 5-1 to Wade and at this time RVB was 66/1 (yes 66/1 in a two man game) but the odds for a draw were now 10/1. I put £5 on the draw (it could happen ??? ) and then RVB came with a wet sail and it got to 6-5 and RVB had a few darts for the draw. Wade's odds went to 3/1 to win. Bang, £20 on him to win.
    Wade won.

Finally in a no lose situation. Outlay £45. Return = £80 Less than evens but a no lose.....  It was close though lol
  • edited March 2016
    Ah well, here's a funny tale of last weeks premier league darts. I looked at the matches and decided the Raymond van Barneveld V James Wade was going to be the closest.

Raymond was 2/1 so I bunged me £20 on him to win. (with my theory that during the match - the odds will fluctuate)
    Well James Wade flew out of the traps and RVB wasn't getting a look in. The odds never came close to evens for Wade. I though 'I've done my money'

I think the score got to 5-1 to Wade and at this time RVB was 66/1 (yes 66/1 in a two man game) but the odds for a draw were now 10/1. I put £5 on the draw (it could happen ??? ) and then RVB came with a wet sail and it got to 6-5 and RVB had a few darts for the draw. Wade's odds went to 3/1 to win. Bang, £20 on him to win.
    Wade won.

Finally in a no lose situation. Outlay £45. Return = £80 Less than evens but a no lose.....  It was close though lol