You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

lack of support for unsociable hours players

edited March 2016 in Poker Chat
seems to me that sky need to put bigger garantees in tourneys between 7am and midday , even if it means overlays for a while, this will reward players who can only play at these times and encourage new players to the site, after all not all players work sociable hours

Comments

• edited March 2016
    Looking in the lobby, there are 6 mtt's, between now and 12, with guarantees totalling £1200.
    Less than 300 players seated, most playing cash i guess.
    Increasing the guarantees for this time of day would not in my opinion increase the player pool.

Would have voted no but didn't have the option :-)
  • edited March 2016
    welcome to the forum 

i work shifts aswell but couldnt expect sky as a business to put say a 4k torn on at 10am when it prob only get 50 runners max, overlay would be huge.

most players on at 10am play £2 torns etc. even the stt are slower to fill.

i would like a £5 1k torn at midday that could be a very fast game to catch the lunchtime players but cant see it happening tbh.

ps i didnt vote as wasnt a answer i liked
  • edited March 2016
    I'd vote no to the increased guarantees. I don't think there's enough demand in those hours. Any increases would probably soon be scrapped for generating overlay.

One thing I've always thought though; it would be fairer if the daily £1,000 Rewards Freerolls ran at different times on different days. Players who can't play in the evening are excluded. I see no reason why it can't run at say 11-00am one day, 1-00pm the next, 3-00pm the next, etc.

Despite qualifying most weeks I have still never played in one. At 7-00pm on weekdays I'm never available to play. There must be many other 'unsociable hours' players in the same boat.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to lack of support for unsociable hours players:
    seems to me that sky need to put bigger garantees in tourneys between 7am and midday , even if it means overlays for a while, this will reward players who can only play at these times and encourage new players to the site, after all not all players work sociable hours
    Posted by HOPEFULL1

very apt name sir, it would certainly be nice, but i dont think it would ever be viable, 
  • edited March 2016
    This is a tough one. It costs money to generate new business and create an upward spiral of momentum. The downside to not investing is not gaining new business or worse existing players leaving during that time period. If they move elsewhere you may end up losing them permanently.

Is skypoker only available to uk players ?  To better gauge the above conundrum it would be helpful to know the limitations of the market place or the expectations of expansion to new markets.

In terms of promotions to get generate new interest throughout the day i'm surprised there are no sporting related prizes. To me the word sky is synonymous with sports and in particular football. A prize of a season ticket could have players hooked for a whole year till the start of the football season. A simple 2 tickets to football matches, Wimbledon, horse racing etc would create excitement without too much cost or admin.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: lack of support for unsociable hours players:
    I'd vote no to the increased guarantees. I don't think there's enough demand in those hours. Any increases would probably soon be scrapped for generating overlay. One thing I've always thought though; it would be fairer if the daily £1,000 Rewards Freerolls ran at different times on different days. Players who can't play in the evening are excluded. I see no reason why it can't run at say 11-00am one day, 1-00pm the next, 3-00pm the next, etc. Despite qualifying most weeks I have still never played in one. At 7-00pm on weekdays I'm never available to play. There must be many other 'unsociable hours' players in the same boat.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Big +1 to the rewards FR moving times day. I work shifts and am in the same boat but I always thought that would be fair even before then. Not going to happen though. 
  • edited March 2016
    This is a tough one. It costs money to generate new business and create an upward spiral of momentum. The downside to not investing is not gaining new business or worse existing players leaving during that time period. If they move elsewhere you may end up losing them permanently. Is skypoker only available to uk players ?  To better gauge the above conundrum it would be helpful to know the limitations of the market place or the expectations of expansion to new markets. In terms of promotions to get generate new interest throughout the day i'm surprised there are no sporting related prizes. To me the word sky is synonymous with sports and in particular football. A prize of a season ticket could have players hooked for a whole year till the start of the football season. A simple 2 tickets to football matches, Wimbledon, horse racing etc would create excitement without too much cost or admin.
    Posted by CxE1
    Pretty much UK & RoI, with some very minor exceptions, suffice to say, it is focussed on the European time zone, unlike, say, 'Stars or 888 which work globally & thus have better 24 hour liquidity. Traditionally, of course, we play poker in the evenings.

In the near term, the Business Model will stick to the current areas. It does not attempt to compete with the global Sites, it's perceived competition is the other UK-facing Online Sites, all of which have attached Sports Books (WmH, Ladbrokes, Coral etc), & all of whom have to rely upon networks such as I-Poker or MGN rather than have an in-house product.
  • edited March 2016
    I'd vote no to the increased guarantees. I don't think there's enough demand in those hours. Any increases would probably soon be scrapped for generating overlay. One thing I've always thought though; it would be fairer if the daily £1,000 Rewards Freerolls ran at different times on different days. Players who can't play in the evening are excluded. I see no reason why it can't run at say 11-00am one day, 1-00pm the next, 3-00pm the next, etc. Despite qualifying most weeks I have still never played in one. At 7-00pm on weekdays I'm never available to play. There must be many other 'unsociable hours' players in the same boat.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    That's a great Post imo Gary, & in answer to the question of the "morning" players, I do have every sympathy, & I can see why it could grate a little.

Moving it carte blanche to an AM start would, by definition, please, say, 100 players, & upset, say, 1,500 players. So, on balance, a bad thing.

There is possibility a halfway-house solution, whereby, perhaps, they would consider a smaller version in the morning, much smaller Guarantee (maybe £200), & less added value (maybe 1 seat rather than 5). However, if they did that, & reduced the Guarantee & added Value in the evening version, that'd not go down too well either. Just add a morning one, with reduced value, & leave the evening one as it is creates extra cost with limited scope to recover it.

An interesting conundrum, as Vinny noted, & not an easy one to resolve, but personally speaking, I certainly have sympathy with the Morning Sorts.