You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Never in doubt

edited March 2016 in Poker Chat

Played one of the weirdest DYM's ever last night.

One Gentleman, who is fairly new to Sky Poker, &, I believe, PLO8 generally, just played every hand, literally any 4, & hit EVEYTHING, every time.

It was gasp-worthy to watch, & quite interesting to play.

Soon, he had busted 2 (very good) players, & he was up to 7,000 chips. Then 8,000, 9,000, 10,000, & eventually, he started the last hand with 11,285 of the 12,000 chips. (There were 12,000 in play).

Blinds were now 100-200, so with 3 of us sharing 700 chips, it was getting.....a bit awkward.

I was a monster in 2nd place with over 400, so the other 2 were sharing 300 @ 100-200.

Whizzxewky managed to survive, & when the last hand played out, he passed when his chip stack was........7 chips.

Anyone played one as weird as that?  

Comments

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Never in doubt:
    Played one of the weirdest DYM's ever last night.   One Gentleman, who is fairly new to Sky Poker, &, I believe, PLO8 generally, just played every hand, literally any 4, & hit EVEYTHING, every time. It was gasp-worthy to watch, & quite interesting to play.   Soon, he had busted 2 (very good) players, & he was up to 7,000 chips. Then 8,000, 9,000, 10,000, & eventually, he started the last hand with 11,285 of the 12,000 chips. (There were 12,000 in play).   Blinds were now 100-200, so with 3 of us sharing 700 chips, it was getting.....a bit awkward.   I was a monster in 2nd place with over 400, so the other 2 were sharing 300 @ 100-200.   Whizzxewky managed to survive, & when the last hand played out, he passed when his chip stack was........7 chips. Anyone played one as weird as that?     
    Posted by Tikay10
    i recently watched a poker advice video and at the end it basically said spend one session as a pre flop mainiac, and regardless of your hand raise, or 3 bet pre flop, then after that make the best poker decisions possible. so last night i did that, and ended the first game with 11500 chips :)

i've never played one where someone has won with 7 chips though. 
  • edited March 2016
    I know of a couple of players who are more than happy to blind down to 0.0003 of a bb. Gotta wait for them aces.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Never in doubt:
    I know of a couple of players who are more than happy to blind down to 0.0003 of a bb. Gotta wait for them aces.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Exactly......

But more seriously, in a DYM when 3 get paid, & there are 3 extreme MattBates, it's actually tremendous fun, playing tactically. There are times when we are not trying to win, we are trying not to lose. 

As luck would have it, I had the best seat, to the immediate right of Mr Pot Everything, so the other 2 were at quite a disadvantage.  

• edited March 2016
    Crikey
    Seen and had some fun PLO8 games but that takes the biscuit.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Never in doubt : Exactly...... But more seriously, in a DYM when 3 get paid, & there are 3 extreme MattBates, it's actually tremendous fun, playing tactically. There are times when we are not trying to win, we are trying not to lose.  As luck would have it, I had the best seat, to the immediate right of Mr Pot Everything, so the other 2 were at quite a disadvantage.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sadly (or not) I lack experience of DYMs, but have played my fair share of sats down the years. Something strangely addictive about the intensity of a 'you or them' situation. You love it when someone relentlessly pinches their BB, and despair if they get a walk. It's even more fun if there are 4/5 of you vying for 3/4 seats.....someone has to go home empty handed, and you pray that your microshove gets through to keep you safe for another orbit.

Less fun when people make 'incorrect' calls though. There is a time and a place when we want them, this usually isn't it.
  • edited March 2016
    Love situations like this sounds a bit silly but I don't mind  losing these games as long as I put up a good fight
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Never in doubt : Sadly (or not) I lack experience of DYMs, but have played my fair share of sats down the years. Something strangely addictive about the intensity of a 'you or them' situation. You love it when someone relentlessly pinches their BB, and despair if they get a walk. It's even more fun if there are 4/5 of you vying for 3/4 seats.....someone has to go home empty handed, and you pray that your microshove gets through to keep you safe for another orbit. Less fun when people make 'incorrect' calls though. There is a time and a place when we want them, this usually isn't it.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    BOOM, & that's exactly my point, those situations are so much fun.

And we end up SHOUTING AT THE SCREEN

"CALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, YOU IDIOT."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO, don't DOUBLE HIM UP AGAIN YOU ****"

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?"

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Never in doubt : i recently watched a poker advice video and at the end it basically said spend one session as a pre flop mainiac, and regardless of your hand raise, or 3 bet pre flop, then after that make the best poker decisions possible. so last night i did that, and ended the first game with 11500 chips :) i've never played one where someone has won with 7 chips though. 
    Posted by RLT16

Good old Nick ;-)
  • edited March 2016
    Love situations like this sounds a bit silly but I don't mind  losing these games as long as I put up a good fight
    Posted by weecheez1

I thought he was talking about you :D
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Never in doubt : BOOM, & that's exactly my point, those situations are so much fun. And we end up SHOUTING AT THE SCREEN "CALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, YOU IDIOT." "NOOOOOOOOOOOO, don't DOUBLE HIM UP AGAIN YOU ****" "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?"  
    Posted by Tikay10
    LMAO and I thought this was just me :)

Call, call, call.  Wtf why did you call?