You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Doing deals

edited March 2016 in The Poker Clinic
Is there any way to do deals at final tables? I was on a final table and was heads up, we both agreed to doing a deal but did not know how to do this. I suggested playin a heads up cash or sit n go table and blinding out. Anyone know ghe score with deals?

Comments

• edited March 2016
    "I suggested playin a heads up cash or sit n go table and blinding out"

yah, dont do this.

it can be viewed as collusion / chip dumping and is best avoided.

only do deals on here if you trust the person and then only if you are prepared to take on the risk of being rolled. i doubt sky will help you recover funds.

i mean you have to be prepared to give out some very personal details here, email address / banking details [unless you have accounts on sites that allow p2p transfers]. and then you have to trust the person would send to you.

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Doing deals:
    "I suggested playin a heads up cash or sit n go table and blinding out" yah, dont do this. it can be viewed as collusion / chip dumping and is best avoided. only do deals on here if you trust the person and then only if you are prepared to take on the risk of being rolled. i doubt sky will help you recover funds. i mean you have to be prepared to give out some very personal details here, email address / banking details [unless you have accounts on sites that allow p2p transfers]. and then you have to trust the person would send to you.
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    Hi

Wouldn't be seen as collusion or chip dumping, is heads up and as long as no promo on, nothing against it. Just need to bare in mind will loose rake % so only deal if you one trust them and 2 have a secure way of transferring money. Is a risk though as like teddy says, sky probably won't chase for you

• edited March 2016
    by definition it is chip dumping.

believe me if you sit at a table and obviously dump money it will be flagged. or should be.

it's best avoided to save having to explain yourself  /have your account suspended whilst they look into it

chip dumping is always between two consenting parties, but there's a whole host of reasons sites dont want it happening.
  • edited March 2016
    by definition it is chip dumping. believe me if you sit at a table and obviously dump money it will be flagged. or should be. it's best avoided to save having to explain yourself  /have your account suspended whilst they look into it chip dumping is always between two consenting parties, but there's a whole host of reasons sites dont want it happening.
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    Sure agree, but if is a "one off" and is between two players who was heads up - sky won't suspend you and on low level won't even be flagged up.

Money laundering is what sites want to ensure is not going on, so I think your safe if doing it on a one off and is easily identifiable what is going on. 

As far as I am aware, sky not against deals, just do not have the software to let us make that choice. Not saying I agree or disagree - is a risk if you go down that route, and I would certainly not do it that way :) 
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Doing deals : Hi Wouldn't be seen as collusion or chip dumping, is heads up and as long as no promo on, nothing against it. Just need to bare in mind will loose rake % so only deal if you one trust them and 2 have a secure way of transferring money. Is a risk though as like teddy says, sky probably won't chase for you
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Its chip dumping.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Doing deals : Sure agree, but if is a "one off" and is between two players who was heads up - sky won't suspend you and on low level won't even be flagged up. Money laundering is what sites want to ensure is not going on, so I think your safe if doing it on a one off and is easily identifiable what is going on.  As far as I am aware, sky not against deals, just do not have the software to let us make that choice. Not saying I agree or disagree - is a risk if you go down that route, and I would certainly not do it that way :) 
    Posted by Nuggy962
    How are on earth do you know this?

Think its highly foolish to say 'yeah it's fine to do this' when in reality you have no idea if it is or isn't.
  • edited March 2016
    It never happened but was discussed. A previous post remarked that sky don't have the software to ensure deals can take place so i now am aware of that, hopefully in time improvements can be made so that things like antes, dealing, more time allocated for decisions can be implemented and improve ths site.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Doing deals : Hi Wouldn't be seen as collusion or chip dumping, is heads up and as long as no promo on, nothing against it. Just need to bare in mind will loose rake % so only deal if you one trust them and 2 have a secure way of transferring money. Is a risk though as like teddy says, sky probably won't chase for you
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Totally incorrect
    You should be careful about advising people when you don't know the guidelines yourself 
  • edited March 2016

Gents,

Please don't chip dump under ANY circumstances, if it comes out on top, it can get very messy indeed, SB&G have to be very careful with this sort of thing due to stringent AML rules.

• edited March 2016
    Gents, Please don't chip dump under ANY circumstances, if it comes out on top, it can get very messy indeed, SB&G have to be very careful with this sort of thing due to stringent AML rules.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Despite how it looks I am not a chip dumper lol
  • edited March 2016
    Can you trust sky
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Trust:
    Can you trust sky
    Posted by wing65
    Not really

Amazing how many times I've looked out of the window and the sun is shining and it's just blue up there.
    Get to the golf course and ten minutes after I've teed off it starts raining.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Trust:
    In Response to Trust : Not really Amazing how many times I've looked out of the window and the sun is shining and it's just blue up there. Get to the golf course and ten minutes after I've teed off it starts raining.
    Posted by Jac35
    Jac35, I mean no disrespect  here, but I think your way off tee.

Pre golf assumptions don't always hold out till the river.think of it in percentages. 

Instead think like , it's a tad cloudy, so it's 80-90% likely to stay that way.
    Now when it rains,  your in a better position.  You KNEW there was a 15% chance of rain , so you packed a coat brolly and hat.

Always have a plan.

Get wet, there's always another spot another hole. It's variance.