You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lots of new names

edited March 2016 in Poker Chat
I haven't played poker in a while and since returning a few days ago I have been looking around.  A lot of the name players on Sky from a year or so ago haven't been active from what I've seen.  Do players like SimUK, Lolufold, LolRaise, Glitterbabe, Nutter, etc still play on Sky?

Comments

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Lots of new names:
    I haven't played poker in a while and since returning a few days ago I have been looking around.  A lot of the name players on Sky from a year or so ago haven't been active from what I've seen.  Do players like SimUK, Lolufold, LolRaise, Glitterbabe, Nutter, etc still play on Sky?
    Posted by H3lp-PDSA
    Sim very rarely plays.
    Lolufold still plays.
    Not sure about lolraise and glitterbabe
    Nutter tries to play
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Lots of new names:
    In Response to Lots of new names : Sim very rarely plays. Lolufold still plays. Not sure about lolraise and glitterbabe Nutter tries to play
    Posted by MattBates

Thanks. It's strange, I used to watch Sky Poker all the time and loved shows like top of the pots. I kind of lost interest in poker for a few years as life events made it difficult to find the time . I am having trouble remembering all the regular players from a few years ago.  I seem to remember a player called WeAreTv played a lot as well .
  • edited March 2016

Pros generally last about 2 years, its too stressful, the late nights, the swings up and down they take there toll. I managed 6 years at top of 6 max cash of Sky. Pretty much retired last year.

I remember most regs so put a name and I will put what I can remember.
    (Disclaimer - below is not 100% fact its just what I can remember from chatting to people on tables over years.)

Simuk - played Sky regular from early 2011 to 2013, went onto cricket betting I think.
    gliterbabe - not seen him for a few years he played a lot along with his brother gerrard9 pre download client. Very very tight, like 9%vpip at 6 max.
    lolufold - played six max from 2009 to 2011 then sat hu for a couple of years, now barley see him
    lolraise - played for a year or two, was never going to last long, spent his time knicking 6 quid from good tight players rather than concentrating on stacking fish for £200 a time.
    weareontv - First serious hu bumhunter on Sky, now the lobby is full of them. stopped playing a few years ago.
    nutter - he played sit and gos so I have no idea.

I reckon Tikay would be the best man to ask regarding what ex pros are up to.

imho most people who try to make it in poker fail, its extremely tough being a genuine pro day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year.

The cash games on Sky have got worse every year I have played here. In 2009 on a night there used to be 10 1/2 tables going 3 fun players on each table (30 fun players), now there might be 3 tables with 1 fun player per table (3 players).
    So players who are spending money has reduced drastically. Same with every site, poker is in decline because the sites havnt looked after the players who are spending money on the product.

• edited March 2016

"lolufold - played six max from 2009 to 2011 then sat hu for a couple of years, now barley see him"

He has probably made more Super Roller Final Tables in 2016 than almost any other player, & one night last week he played at least 30 Games, (according to Sharkscope) & this is quite normal for him.

Nutter is still as busy as ever here (he's shaving now), & SIMUK still plays from time to time.

• edited March 2016
    "lolufold - played six max from 2009 to 2011 then sat hu for a couple of years, now barley see him" He has probably made more Super Roller Final Tables in 2016 than almost any other player, & one night last week he played at least 30 Games, (according to Sharkscope) & this is quite normal for him. Nutter is still as busy as ever here (he's shaving now), & SIMUK still plays from time to time.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Thats why I barley see him then if hes playing tournaments. I have no idea what goes off in the mtt world.
  • edited March 2016
    "lolufold - played six max from 2009 to 2011 then sat hu for a couple of years, now barley see him" He has probably made more Super Roller Final Tables in 2016 than almost any other player, & one night last week he played at least 30 Games, (according to Sharkscope) & this is quite normal for him. Nutter is still as busy as ever here (he's shaving now), & SIMUK still plays from time to time.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    yes, lolufold is very busy on sky poker this year.  very successful too.  he is playing more major tournaments on skypoker this year than he has ever before.  he has won 2 major events too. 

• edited March 2016
    Interesting.  It was just curiosity more than anything.  You see these names then they disappear .  Its the same on all poker sites.  I often wonder what happens to these players after a few years.  Poker is kind of like pop stars who have a few hits then vanish. It must be difficult shifting back into real life after a few years of living a dream life