You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Ambassador Returns...

Comments

• edited March 2016
    In Response to The Ambassador Returns...:
    ... with a new  Cheltenham tips blog .
    Posted by SkyKirsty
    Alot of people must have backed Neil's tip its now 7/1?
  • edited March 2016
    You must be looking at the wrong race/market?

Its still 20/1 with skybet, but as high as 33/1 elsewhere.
  • edited March 2016
    I think you are looking at betting without un de sceaux, it is still 20-1 in normal betting
  • edited March 2016
    Great blog. Thank you, Neil.

• edited March 2016
    yes great read and got a shameless plug for your tipster site ;)
  • edited March 2016
    Un De Sceaux non runner

gods own 7/1
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: The Ambassador Returns...:
    In Response to The Ambassador Returns... : Alot of people must have backed Neil's tip its now 7/1?
    Posted by BigHawk89
    No, his selection is "God's Own".

Neil writes this pieces teasingly, but the punch line is at the end. God's Own.  

• edited March 2016

Whilst we are on about shameless spam, I've penned a Cheltenham piece too, which has some interesting (well sort of...) trivia facts about Day One of the Cheltenham Festival, including a very odd one as to the Gloucestershire Hurdle. (The what?).

That piece - "Cheltenham Festival sets the pulses racing" can be found HERE

• edited March 2016
    I must have been looking at the wrong market then can't navigate round the skybet website can only get up tomorrow's races.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to The Ambassador Returns...:
    ... with a new  Cheltenham tips blog .
    Posted by SkyKirsty

Got excited, thought the Ambassador was returning with some good poker chat - seeing as this was in poker chat, maybe actually playing an mtt or.....

Is promoting sky bet - Brilliant - simply brilliant!

• edited March 2016
    I must have been looking at the wrong market then can't navigate round the skybet website can only get up tomorrow's races.
    Posted by BigHawk89

• edited March 2016
    In Response to The Ambassador Returns... : Got excited, thought the Ambassador was returning with some good poker chat - seeing as this was in poker chat, maybe actually playing an mtt or..... Is promoting sky bet - Brilliant - simply brilliant!
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Plenty of poker players also like a dabble on sports betting. Neil knows his stuff. This should get a wider audience here.

Not sure what the beef is.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: The Ambassador Returns... : Plenty of poker players also like a dabble on sports betting. Neil knows his stuff. This should get a wider audience here. Not sure what the beef is.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Beef or salmon?
  • edited March 2016

Another little Cheltenham piece to amuse or annoy you.

My course, my course, my Kingdom for a course

http://bit.ly/1QUHqEZ
  • edited March 2016
    I hope Neil runs slightly better than last year.  Did anyone else back some of his tips/lays after watching the Cheltenham preview show?
  • edited March 2016

Another Cheltenham piece here, including Naughty Jockeys, Mr Marmite, and sadly, the passing of a wonderful lady.

http://bit.ly/1Vc3UTC
  • edited March 2016
    I've gotten 28/1 £2.50 e/w God's Own. 

Fingers crossed. Thanks on advance.
  • edited March 2016
    Another Cheltenham piece here, including Naughty Jockeys, Mr Marmite, and sadly, the passing of a wonderful lady. http://bit.ly/1Vc3UTC
    Posted by Tikay10
    What no mention of footballers unable to find the toilets?
  • edited March 2016

Here's a Day 3 preview, featuring Mr Marmite, Mr Brussel Sprout, & poor old Fulke Walwyn being sacked by Dorothy Paget.

http://bit.ly/1VcekCD
  • edited March 2016
    BOOM

The Irish bookies were offering GOD'S OWN  at 14/1 (SKYBET 7/1) without UN DE SCEAUX after Neil's tip.

I know nothing about horseracing so just had a small wager e/w on the above.

I was glad of that extra place.

A nice surprise too because I forgot that I hadn't bet on the outright result, and wondered why there was more in my account than I thought.

Thank you Mr, Ambassador.

GL all

edit
    And I won a £15 free bet in the Cheltenham FR.
    I might use that on a real sport though.
  • edited March 2016

Here's a somewhat belated look at Cheltenham Day 2, which is somewhat stale now, but as I spent a good while writing it, it'd be a shame to waste, so hope you enjoy.

http://bit.ly/1WtmyVp
  • edited March 2016

Here's the last of the 4 Cheltenham Preview pieces, looking at tomorrow, the final day, with memories of a Cheltenham winner ridden by......Lester Piggott. Also featured, Mr Potato.

http://bit.ly/1Uj7Gei
  • edited March 2016

Pity the poor bookies?

Here's a review of yesterday at Cheltenham.

http://bit.ly/1SXQnPd
  • edited March 2016

Thanks guys...I never really went anywhere just haven't blogged for a while. Twitter seems to take away the desire to do that.

If God's Own hadn't whacked into the 2nd last I thought it could have got 3rd. The race went pretty much as I thought for our horse, avoided the early battle for the lead and plugged on with Dodging Bullets and Sire De Grugy running badly. I just thought that Sprinter Sacre might be yesterday's horse. In the end it ran great...performance of the week and brilliant for the sport. If Special Tiara had faded after challenging for the early pace we'd have probably got 3rd. We sort of hit the post.

Thanks for the kind words...Mickey...tricky to mention Cheltenham without any reference to the tipping site as I spent about 40 hours doing stuff for the site during the meeting, I did decide it was best not to mention the name of the site...Nuggy...I'm starting to think you don't like me...did we ever meet?...did I do something to upset you?...you seem to be cross with me on every one of the times I have seen you post anything with reference to me...Dontelmum...I felt like I ran bad last year, this year I had some good luck and some bad but Tuesday was a bad losing day and the other days I won on all of them. Tough to win on a year where so many favourites win and I didn't back any of those...Dragon...delighted to see you managed to get something from the horse...Tikay...Brilliant job on the daily blogs, I thought they were great. A tough job done very well.
  • edited March 2016

Thanks Neil, really appreciate that, & you said it even though you & I may disagree on some of the stuff I wrote, & the opinions I hold.

I enjoy writing, but when I need to write two articles per day, as I did throughout Cheltenham, so 8 in total, (only 7 have been published so far, as I don't control that end any more), & alongside my other commitments, I can't "polish" them adequately, & I'm often disappointed in them. As it happens, of the 8, 2 were half decent I thought, the rest a bit meh.

I'm penning an Australian F1 GP piece today, that'll probably appear soon.   

• edited March 2016
    Thank you for all your hard work throughout Cheltenham Tikay and Neil.  Really enjoyed both or your views.

Thanks for the reply Neil.  I know it must be really tough to make profit at these meets and respect you for trying and putting your thoughts out there.  You never shy away from your critics either, good on you.

Tikay, get yourself a hol booked and I don't mean Vegas and working 18 hour days.