You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SNG Satellites

edited March 2016 in Poker Chat
Hi Guys,

Was wondering why the Sit and go satellites were introduced but then quickly disappeared?

I wouldnt mind seeing a few 20 man/Lady (4 seats) SNG satellites introduced? these could be even micros into semis etc..

Straight out satellite format but also mix in some tournaments for example 6 tables table winner makes it into final table where 2/3 seats paid out?  

This would allow people to play bigger tourments but sat in at their and others convienence. surely this would increase amount of runners in some tournements which have recently had silly amounts of overlay?

Cheers

Mike.

Comments

• edited March 2016

Hi Mikey,

Think this deserves a wider audience, so I'll move it across to Poker Chat.

Hopefully, that will full a constructive debate, & we can take something from it.

I'm up in Leeds one day next week, been invited for the first time ever to join a sort of "How can we make Sky Poker Better?" brainstorming session, & stuff like this can be added to my little list of suggestions. Might even make the Top 100. And take that as a compliment, my little list is very long indeed. ;) 

• edited March 2016
    Maybe post this in poker chat will get more views and responses good idea but think when it was tried before tables would not fill very often and just clogged up the lobby 

in here is like a ghost

• edited March 2016
    Big +1 to sng sats. The sats in the evening for mains are too early for me so would really like to play sats the night before for the main the next day.
  • edited March 2016
    cant see any negatives for having these. 

please do more than 1 table sats tho ie 12 runner stt to bring costs down or more payout etc. 
  • edited March 2016
    I suspect that these are popular in theory but not filling up....
  • edited March 2016
    Personally I feel like the issue with these was that they were more than 1 table, while whenever this post pops up it seems popular the reality is that, in the past, 10/20 man sit and goes just don't fill. I feel like having 6max £5.75bi for the £33 bh's would prove more popular than the format that was put to trial previously
  • edited March 2016
    On a Sunday having some STT's for the roller etc BUT them showing in MTT lobby would work well. The normal sats tend to struggle apart from the big ones (3pm/6pm/7.15pm).

Players need to find them as easily as possible. Lots of MTT players wont look in the S&G lobby for sats. 
  • edited March 2016
    I agree that where a SNG provides direct entry to main MTTs they should be in the MTT satellite tab.

If it is trialled again it could also do with some promotion, via the forum, the website, emails and dare I say it the pop ups.

Another way to get more traffic takes us back to tournament tokens. If you could play 6max sats for tournament tokens and save them up and use them I would definitely play them. 

I like the 6 max format - tokens would give me the incentive to spinup an entry for a big MTT.

I also dont have a very flexible schedule so being able to pick and choose which MTT to play in would be a huge plus.

I fully admit I have just described the perfect format for me and relalise that it might just be who would be interested.

If there at least 5 others who think this way then we would at least get some traffic. Hopefully there are more than that.

If you do introduce SNGs with tokens as prizes then please also make them valid for a period of months and reverse the much-maligned "default is Yes" to make them saveable. You could do that last sentence anyway and it would be greatly appreciated.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: SNG Satellites:
    I agree that where a SNG provides direct entry to main MTTs they should be in the MTT satellite tab. If it is trialled again it could also do with some promotion, via the forum, the website, emails and dare I say it the pop ups. Another way to get more traffic takes us back to tournament tokens. If you could play 6max sats for tournament tokens and save them up and use them I would definitely play them.  I like the 6 max format - tokens would give me the incentive to spinup an entry for a big MTT. I also dont have a very flexible schedule so being able to pick and choose which MTT to play in would be a huge plus. I fully admit I have just described the perfect format for me and relalise that it might just be who would be interested. If there at least 5 others who think this way then we would at least get some traffic. Hopefully there are more than that. If you do introduce SNGs with tokens as prizes then please also make them valid for a period of months and reverse the much-maligned "default is Yes" to make them saveable. You could do that last sentence anyway and it would be greatly appreciated.
    Posted by Phantom66
    ^^^^
  • edited March 2016
    On a Sunday having some STT's for the roller etc BUT them showing in MTT lobby would work well. The normal sats tend to struggle apart from the big ones (3pm/6pm/7.15pm). Players need to find them as easily as possible. Lots of MTT players wont look in the S&G lobby for sats. 
    Posted by MattBates
    when i saw the OP i instantly thought about this,.i hardly go into the s+g lobby but like playing sats, if they were to get the go ahead they should be put in the mtt lobby and advertised more,good idea this
  • edited March 2016
    imo stt sat's should be exactly that stt not mtt which there are sats in the mtt already. 
    maybe try get links into the torn that the sat's are for?

it should be a range not just a 1 table or a 2 table stt.
    even a 30p stt to tuesdays turbo would be fun and prob popular.
  • edited March 2016
    Not sure there is a demand/market for them.

If there is, they have to be in the MTT lobby as a minimum.
  • edited March 2016
    Not sure there is a demand/market for them. If there is, they have to be in the MTT lobby as a minimum.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    This as last time they were in the sit and go lobby it wasnt successful. 18 seater = 3 seats and 4th gets rest in cash somthing like that
  • edited March 2016
    i dont know if im missing the point here i love playing sats but for specific tournaments like the main or vegas but why play for tournament tokens when you can play for cash and use it any way you want 
  • edited March 2016
    weecheez because they are at bad times for some of us.
  • edited March 2016
    i'm no IT expert but could they not appear on both the STT and MTT lobbies?!

Surely the lobby just applies filters, so just apply the same filters for each tab? That way you max traffic to them as well.

If not then the mtt lobby will get more traffic for them i think. Just have 3 or 4 highlighted at the top of the page and they regenerate as they fill. Just have 1 in 5 chances with 30 runners for £20, £30, £50 and £100 tokens. 

• edited March 2016

Surely the more ways of being able to satellite in the better for all. Sky makes the guarantee, the players have more options, better for all concerned. 

Personally, as a SNG player, I play very few satellites, especially since the introduction of turbo ones. I would love to see a wider range of options for gaining entry into main events.