You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bad Language

edited March 2016 in Poker Chat

Ther should be a short cut straight to sky about people bad mouthing on the chat I have just sat through a game with a player swearing and bad mouthing other players (whitedust,) if you want to know,  and there is nothing we can do!!!! as by the time you have gone through all the hoops and swings to report it, it is all over, I thought swear words were blocked but the "C" word is not!!

Comments

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Bad Language:
      Ther should be a short cut straight to sky about people bad mouthing on the chat I have just sat through a game with a player swearing and bad mouthing other players (whitedust,) if you want to know,  and there is nothing we can do!!!! as by the time you have gone through all the hoops and swings to report it, it is all over, I thought swear words were blocked but the "C" word is not!!
    Posted by JONONZIE
    Best going to live chat if it was that bad they can check the chat history no point on here and best removing the players name as that can get you in trouble 

All the best
  • edited March 2016
      Ther should be a short cut straight to sky about people bad mouthing on the chat I have just sat through a game with a player swearing and bad mouthing other players  and there is nothing we can do!!!! as by the time you have gone through all the hoops and swings to report it, it is all over, I thought swear words were blocked but the "C" word is not!!
    Posted by JONONZIE
    There is the help tab and live chat. The profanity filter has been off for a number of months now. It's easier to sit behind a keyboard and let your fingers do the talking instead of saying it at a live tournament where it would be dealt with in a speedy manner. There are other options apart from not interacting with them you could hide chat. Best thing to do is to ignore them. Just puts them on tilt even more. Hope you run golden and any issues you may have and reported will be dealt with.

Have removed the players name from your reply. I suggest you do the same from your op.
  • edited March 2016
    Ive tried 3 different ways to report foul chat.

1) I copied the complete chat and sent it to Sky Dan , via my account . ( you click on your name to get there).

2) I Used the help option  in the chat box.

3) I copied foul chat to notepad and sent it to CC via email.

Results.

1) Dan replied 

Well that's one way to get a chat ban! Thanks for letting me know.

Dan

2) took about 20 minutes to report it, mothers maiden name, DOB, the chat facility times out a lot and the operator disappears for a while , a real chore. I got no feed back, dont know if i wasted my poker playing time.

3) They emailed me back saying they couldnt find the user I.D.  But It was an auto response, so I wasted my time here too.

Auto-response on 01/03/2016 06.19 PM

• edited March 2016
    i wont quote cuz you,ll probably be banned
    but adults don,t lower themselves to swearing and abuse , adults should be adults and show respect to one another and not act like teenage chavs and looking at your name i think your the latter
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Bad Language:
    In Response to Re: Bad Language : You bunch of sad cu nts moaning and reporting people for bad language, this is an adult site for people to gamble, get a life!!!
    Posted by Sloppyslut
    Your parents must be so proud of you.
  • edited March 2016
    Posted by JONONZIE
    I have escalated this, JON, & it should be investigated shortly.

Apologies that the profanity filter is not currently working, I have raised this with the Office again yesterday & today.

If you see inappropriate chat, report it to CC, or send a PM to myself or Sky_Sam & it will be investigated.

Thanks.  

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Bad Language : You bunch of sad cu nts moaning and reporting people for bad language, this is an adult site for people to gamble, get a life!!!
    Posted by Sloppyslut
    This post has been passed to the Office.

Multiple exclamation marks is bad enough, but as yet, not a ban-able offence, though I'm working on it. 

Crude language, however, is absolutely not permitted here.

• edited March 2016

oh dear, careless loose sexual morals person, you've done it now.

i had no idea it was to do with you, until you posted.

funny though, i have in mind a song...

I could while away the hours
    Conferrin' with the flowers
    Consultin' with the rain

And my head, I'd be scratchin'
    While my thoughts were busy hatchin'
    If I only had a brain

I'd unravel every riddle
    For any individ'al
    In trouble or in pain

With the thoughts you'll be thinkin'
    You could be another Lincoln
    If you only had a brain

Oh, I could tell you why the ocean's near the shore
    I could think of things I never thunk before
    And then I'd sit and think some more

I would not be just a nothin'
    My head all full of stuffin'
    My heart all full of pain

I would dance and be merry
    Life would be a ding-a-derry
    If I only had a brain

Gosh, it would be awful pleasin'
    To reason out the reason
    For things I can't explain

Then perhaps I'll deserve your
    And be even worthy of you
    If I only had a brain

• edited March 2016
    Posted by JONONZIE

hi jon

good to see you matey.  long time since cardiff spt(?)

• edited March 2016

no, donna, when we get to the emerald city it will be a real account.

• edited March 2016
    Shame it's a fake account.
    Posted by Darkangel7
    Who/what is a "fake account"?
  • edited March 2016
    no, donna, when we get to the emerald city it will be a real account.
    Posted by aussie09

Didn't know you could sing, you could maybe do a live rendition when you reach Dublin?
  • edited March 2016

i cant sing, but i can read in tune.

• edited March 2016
    i cant sing, but i can read in tune.  
    Posted by aussie09
    If you only had a voice?

Follow the yellow brick road to the Emerald City, where many have found their singing voice after drinking several pints of the magic black elixer
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Bad Language : Singing after consuming several pints of the black elixer will result in singing the correct words but not necessarily in the correct order.
    Posted by chilling
    i,ll tell you all tomrrow night :)
  • edited March 2016
    i dont think it should be up to the players to report this,sky should be monitoring all chat,and if sky wanted the players to report it they should have a button to click on the table to flag the chat because going to live chat or emailing is to drawn out.

• edited March 2016
    Apologies should have said the account seems to me like it's just been made up as looking at how many times the person's posted. But something's just told me different they've been on here a while.
  • edited March 2016
    Apologies should have said the account seems to me like it's just been made up as looking at how many times the person's posted. But something's just told me different they've been on here a while.
    Posted by Darkangel7
    Correct.

It's not always 100% accurate, but a quick look at Sharkscope often gives us a bit of history.
  • edited March 2016

Note to "chilling".

Several posts have been deleted from this thread overnight.

I have deleted your post, too, simply because it quoted an offensive (& now deleted) post.

Your post was completely fine, & read as follows:

"Can you explain to me a situation where you need to call someone a c..t at a table. You are correct in saying it is an adult site, i presume you mean for grown ups.Of course there are people who get a kick out of insulting people.Unfortunately some people are scared to face the truth.The clue being in your chosen alias.You need help."
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Bad Language : Best going to live chat if it was that bad they can check the chat history no point on here and best removing the players name as that can get you in trouble  All the best
    Posted by churchy18
    +1
  • edited March 2016
    I always try to avoid reporting people who are abusive at the tables, as:

Players doing this are generally poor / losing players

Someone ranting in chat is easier to identify as being on tilt 

I would rather the person vent in chat and continue to lose money, if they are chat banned they may be more likely to quit the session or play on another site

It's getting harder to make money these days so although these people are annoying don't forget they are generally paying for the privilege. 

(Obviously if it is a micro stakes game/community game and/or you play purely for fun and this is spoiling said fun then report away)
  • edited March 2016
    If the recipient of the abuse is already chat banned then it's perfectly acceptable to abuse that person. No punishment shall be given to the abuser of the already banned individual

• edited March 2016
    Good evening all.
    Its nice to be nice.
    All the best.
    Rainman397