You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cash games vegas

edited April 2016 in Poker Chat
only played down the mgm end of the strip, first time staying up the top end (mirage). just wondering where is best to play?

Comments

• edited March 2016
    Hello
    I have been a few times.I played Bellagio $1 $3 cash. Nice poker room lots of action. Mixture of good & bad players so it can be profitable.
    Was there in feb and entered tournament at the wynn $140 buy in.Had 55 runners I didn't think the standard on my table was very good.2 good players,2 poor players & the rest in middle somewhere. Worth a look if you got the time & fancy it.
    Enjoy your trip & would be interested to see how you get on wherever you play.
  • edited March 2016
    thankyou 70theo, dont think i'll be able to play tourneys. taking the gf for her 21st. will definatley try out the bellagio! played at caesars once and was awful.
  • edited March 2016
    The Sands room at the Venetian is very nice
  • edited March 2016
    what sort of crowd does it get jac?
  • edited March 2016
    When I was there in June last year it was busy.
    Full room and a short waiting list on some nights
    10+ 1/2 cash games running and plenty of tables going right through the stakes

• edited March 2016

To be honest, it's subjective, but in different ways, they are all an experience, & you should try visiting as many as possible.

Never any shortage of games at Venetian, & it's a really luxurious room, so if you have limited time, deffo try that. Try & grab a bite to eat at Grand Lux, too, it's really good.    

• edited March 2016
    thanks all, my last two visits i've never visited the venetian. so will defo do this this time! 

• edited March 2016
    MGM Venetian and Bellagio for me! enjoy your trip mate
  • edited March 2016
    If you're at that end of the strip then don't miss the chance to play cash at the Wynn.  Relatively soft games and a very luxurious place to play.  Lots of $1/3 going on.
  • edited March 2016
    Depends if you want an experience in a nice room or of you want to make max $$$$. The poker atlas (formerly all Vegas poker) website has some room reviews, also there was a good segment on the 2p2 pokercast last year about live rooms in Vegas think it was episode 354 or around there see 

• edited March 2016
    Thanks everyone, let's hope I smash the tables if I get time! 
  • edited March 2016
    It depends what you like to play and the surroundings you want as has been mentioned.

I personally like Sands @ the Venetian as Jac said.

It is busy and there is a lot of variety. I like limit OH8 which they do with a 'half kill' at various stakes with usually a couple of tables running from lunchtime onwards. It does seem to attract a lot of older players, not saying that is a good or bad thing :) usually lots of NLHE tables running all day at various stakes with limit and NL. Reasonable food comps too if you sign up for a Grazie players card.

If it is during WSOP time then the Rio has a ton of cash games running as people drop out of events or just go for the cash games during the WSOP.
  • edited April 2016
    So Vegas didn't disappoint yet again, first time going with girlfriend her first time too. Did a lot of shopping sight seeing and the usual stuff. 
    Managed to fit about 12 hours in across the week across 5 sessions, was about the number of hours I was looking to play as the other half doesn't enjoy poker one bit. 
    Started at the mirage 1/2 and it was soft and I mean it was worse than a local .50/.50 game. Got it in 150bb with kk v aggressive fish playing top pair like his life depended on it. On a q92HH board against his qj he called 3 bet shove. GG me.
    After that every session was a winning session with the worst session only doubling my stack. 
    Played at mirage, harrahs and Venetian and find harrahs the most entertaining with dealers and other players and most profitable. 
    Hand of the week, you know the type of player knows all dealers thinks he's a shark but really he's a fish. He was trying to ISO a lot and folded to all 3 bets so the fun began. Showed him 2 3 bets once a10 off and other 96off and also bet check call with top pair in position and he turned up with a bluff. He ISO fish calls I pick up 45 so I made it 26 he called fish folded. Flop Ad7d2 he checks I bet 26 and he calls. Now with my checking back top pair the hand before the plan was to do exactly the same here if I brick. Turn 3 BINKBALL. He checks I bet 60 he insta calls, now I'm putting him on but flush draw or two pair. River comes a jack. He checks I shove all in 110 give it a bet of fake tells and he calls. He didn't show but said he had better than a7. Safe to say his reaction was priceless.
    Also I've never seen sooooo many slow rolls mostly from old men.