You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Vegas Final - what happens if more than 50 runners?

edited April 2016 in Poker Chat
Hi

I think this question was asked when the Vegas games were announced but I can't seem to find it answered anywhere?

The Vegas final due this Saturday night is awarding 5 packages - 1 in 10 - what happens to any bonus pool of money if more than 50 players are registered please?  Will there be additional packages on offer, money to the bubble, 2nd bubble etc or will any excess be awarded between the package winners?

Thanks.

Comments

• edited March 2016

Hi Rose,

As I was also reminded by Mr Bates this morning, I did promise to answer the question a while back, but I plum forgot, sorry.

I've sent a note up this morning, & should have an answer shortly.

I think we can readily discount extra package(s), it needs 60 to trigger a 6th package anyway, & with 29 in it as of this morning, that's highly improbable.

Any surplus cash above 5 packages, again, that's unlikely at present, but it might get over the line. If that happens, & it gets somewhere in the 51-59 range, I would imagine it will all go to the "seat bubble". That would mean all Finalists get something.

Anyway, let's wait & see what Sir Suit says.

Good luck on Saturday.  

• edited March 2016

Hi Rose.

There will NOT be any additional packages on offer, though it's highly improbable that this will be relevant, as it's a stretch to imagine it will get 60 runners.

Any financial residue for 51+ runners will go to the "seat bubble". No other places will be paid.

This applies to the Viva Las Vegas £3.5k Finals only. It MAY (not will, "may") be different for the £10k Final.

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Vegas Final - what happens if more than 50 runners?:
    Any financial residue for 51+ runners will go to the "seat bubble". No other places will be paid.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I know that Sky is going by the almost certain 100% chance that that doesn't happen, but this is a terrible blanket statement as if somehow it magically got say 70 runners, there would be the ridiculous dynamic of 6th being worth double 1st - 5th!
  • edited March 2016

Can't say I agree that it is a "terrible blanket statement" to be honest, Lady Chiggy, given the chances of it happening.
  • edited April 2016
    Lowball expectations from the start......marketing at t i t s best. It was supposed to be "it's best", but accidently maybe more accurate.lol. As always your good self excluded 

Had to space some letters as word not allowed by software. Amusing really as some of the language on the tables has been very colouful
  • edited April 2016
    Lowball expectations from the start......marketing at t i t s best. It was supposed to be "it's best", but accidently maybe more accurate.lol. As always your good self excluded  Had to space some letters as word not allowed by software. Amusing really as some of the language on the tables has been very colouful
    Posted by CxE1
    Ha, thanks for excluding me from the equation Vinny, but I don't think it was "lowball expectations" at all, I think it was a genuinely truthful answer. There is, & never was, any prospect of that Final this Saturday making 70 runners. I was never going to answer the question set by Lady Chigggy, that would have been dishonest & devious.

Sky Poker will be sending 40 players to Las Vegas this year. By any standards, given the relative size of the site, I think that's quite "highball", especially compared to what other UK facing sites are offering.   

It's quite hard to get it right in my spot - I genuinely try VERY hard to tell the players here the facts as I see them.

• edited April 2016
    Lowball expectations from the start......marketing at t i t s best. It was supposed to be "it's best", but accidently maybe more accurate.lol. As always your good self excluded  Had to space some letters as word not allowed by software. Amusing really as some of the language on the tables has been very colouful
    Posted by CxE1
    Hands up on that one Vinny, it's not acceptable. I've made the point as vigorously as I can to Team Suit, & repeatedly, & that's all I can do really. 

Apologies, though, as I feel it's out of order in more than one sense. ;)  
  • edited April 2016
    Hi Tikay,From a planning perspective you have to be realistic with achievable targets and i get that. But i do genuinely think you have good products but bad marketing.The answer to this question should have been part of the t&c and  although it may be correct to assume the lower, we should always aim for the higher.
  • edited April 2016
    Hi Tikay,From a planning perspective you have to be realistic with achievable targets and i get that. But i do genuinely think you have good products but bad marketing.The answer to this question should have been part of the t&c and  although it may be correct to assume the lower, we should always aim for the higher.
    Posted by CxE1
    Ahh, I better get your point now, thank you.

In no particular order, yes, no, maybe & possibly. ;)

We could debate it all day, & for abso certain I could list many things that, from where I sit (& I don't access to the data they have) I think they could & should do better. And I tell them so, repeatedly.

As it happens, I don't think Marketing is amongst them. Some of the stuff Marketing here do is close to genius, in my personal view. And I mean that. I'm pretty sure that the site would be far poorer without the Marketing Team.

Anyway, the afternoon Gym session awaits. Be good to bump into you somewhere soon, when I'm not "under it" as I was at at UKPC, & we could have a good natter about these things. 

• edited April 2016
    Can't say I agree that it is a "terrible blanket statement" to be honest, Lady Chiggy, given the chances of it happening.
    Posted by Tikay10
    As unlikely as it is, it is far from impossible.

This VLV final is coming one week after a UKOPs event, which Sky obviously runs with one of the major objectives being to attract new players, of course Sky should have realistic expectations, but to flat out assume that they would never get say 20 extra runners in VLV due to UKOPs seems like bad planning.

I just think that the response should have been that if there were somehow 60 runners then 6th would have been given the cash value of a seat, if there were 61 runners then 6th gets cash value and 7th gets a small rebate etc.

The wording given by Sky just does not account for a possible situation.
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Vegas Final - what happens if more than 50 runners? : As unlikely as it is, it is far from impossible. This VLV final is coming one week after a UKOPs event, which Sky obviously runs with one of the major objectives being to attract new players, of course Sky should have realistic expectations, but to flat out assume that they would never get say 20 extra runners in VLV due to UKOPs seems like bad planning. I just think that the response should have been that if there were somehow 60 runners then 6th would have been given the cash value of a seat, if there were 61 runners then 6th gets cash value and 7th gets a small rebate etc. The wording given by Sky just does not account for a possible situation.
    Posted by chiggypig
    Never mind that Lady C, there are plenty of seats open in the PLO8 DYM's, & your presence is eagerly awaited.
  • edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Vegas Final - what happens if more than 50 runners? : Never mind that Lady C, there are plenty of seats open in the PLO8 DYM's, & your presence is eagerly awaited.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I'll keep battling on!
  • edited April 2016
    Did someone imply possible overlay in a Vegas final? When & what's the buyin? Might be worth coming out of retirement for.