You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Add Fixed Limit Tables?

edited April 2016 in Priority
I don't know if there would be much interest in fixed limit hold'em but I currently play these on stars and would like to see them added on sky if possible.
Without having to do bet sizing and just check bet or fold it is quite refreshing I would think there would be at least a small amount of action at these tables and they are fun :)

Comments

• edited March 2016

Morning Mr Viva Las Vegas winner.

I'll certainly pass that on.

If all else fails, though, there's plenty of FL action in Vegas. ;)
  • edited March 2016
    Haha, thanks Tikay :)
    It's a good game for beginners to play who want to learn the game and don't want to lose there whole stack in one hand.
    Also with recreational players not able to lose there whole stack in one hand and the fact that there is more flops seen in FL this should mean more rake for sky :)
  • edited March 2016

FL is one of those strange things.

It's VERY popular in the USA, very popular indeed, & that's the case in much of Continental Europe, too.

In the UK though, not so much, & rather like PL, interest in it seems to have waned. Jeez, I used to love PL Hold 'Em, but it's so rarely played these days. I would return to PL Hold 'Em if there was any interest, but it's all crash bang wallop NLH these days. I guess it's a bit like cricket, where Test Cricket is the pure version, but One Day stuff gets all the interest now. The times they are a changing.

Quick sidestory here.

I was in a Meeting recently where I discussed NLO8 (No Limit O8) SNG's & DYM's, as it's become very popular of late.

And the Chairperson, who was making notes, said "right, we should consider No Limit PLO8".

Once I stopped banging my head on the table I was fine about it.  
  • edited April 2016
    Haha vg tikay will you let us know there reply please.
    Even if they were to add them on a trial period to see how they go and if they don't work out or generate enough action remove them again I would be happy with that, worth a shot.

• edited April 2016
    I don't know if there is a huge difference between PL and NL cash versions of Hold 'Em. When I play, it's pretty rare I overbet the pot preflop or postflop, and likewise with most opponents, so if you are (pretty much) never betting more than pot there's no difference.

Isn't the problem with FL that it literally has been solved? 
  • edited April 2016
    if you are a supercomputer robot at heads up its close. 6max no, not in ourlifetime, too many variables.

• edited April 2016
    In Response to Re: Add Fixed Limit Tables?:
    if you are a supercomputer robot at heads up its close. 6max no, not in ourlifetime, too many variables.  
    Posted by JMcCririck
    Morning.

The thread has not gained much traction yet - just 12 votes - so I'm going to move it across to "Poker Chat" where it may attract more interest, & votes.

Hope that's OK with you.

You booked your flights yet? ;)