You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Look at this crazy hand, Sky Poker is fixed............

edited May 2010 in Area 51
............ in my favour!

72 o/s beats AA, despite a flopped A.

I was very embarrased to win this one. At the time I was in 4th of 4 with less than 5BB in a DYM, after player1 checked the flop I had to shove with my paired card. When I saw his hole cards I thought it was all over, I must have been a massive dog, the rest is history.

Poor player2 was the biggest loser, I picked up AA on the small blind the very next hand and shoved it pre-flop, my rockets stood up against his suited TJ and he was out.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
player1 Small blind  200.00 200.00 4225.00
GaryQQQ Big blind  400.00 600.00 1570.00
  Your hole cards

player2 Fold     
player3 Fold     
player1 Call  200.00 800.00 4025.00
GaryQQQ Check     
Flop

• Q
  • A

player1 Check     
GaryQQQ All-in  1570.00 2370.00 0.00
player1 Call  1570.00 3940.00 2455.00
player1 Show
  • A
  • A

GaryQQQ Show

Turn

River

GaryQQQ Win Flush to the Ace 3940.00  3940.00

Comments

• edited February 2010
    I just ran it through Poker Cruncher on my iPhone, on the flop I had 3.7% vs 96.3%.
  • edited February 2010
    Mmmmm Interesting play by player 1. Having hit trip aces on the flop, he should of pushed all-in and took down the pot, however, a check by player 1 sends out signals of weakness but the most likely reason he checked was because he was hoping you had hit the queen and he was trying to maximise his winnings, however, his check gave you the green light to shove all-in and the rest is history.

Slow playing Aces is always a risky business so I wouldn't be too embarraced about taking the pot.
  • edited February 2010
    Up to this point player1 had been playing like a rock, no fancy play from him whatsoever (usually a profitable strategy in a low buy-in DYM, it was £2.25 here). On the other hand I had already switched to LAG mode needing to claw back from less than 1,000 chips when an even more distant in 4th a few hands earlier.

Arguably player1 should have just pushed all-in pre-flop, if he had he would have taken the pot there and then. Even though I would be reluctant to gave away the BB his ultra-tight table image would have given his hand away, I wouldn't have chanced it with my beer hand. 

On the flop player1 must have known he was miles ahead, so he probably checked hoping to trap the push he thought quite likely from me. I had hit the pair, but I was trying to represent an A, a Q, or two spades. His trap worked, but the turn and river were cruel.

So IMO player1 was arguably wrong to just call the BB pre-flop, but I can't really fault his post flop play. 
  • edited February 2010
    i mean what was that guy doing in the hand with aces,

and then calling your push ,

the guy only had a set of aces on the flop,

what a donk,

well-done m8y glad your 2 7 off held up.

rover and out !