You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Site Problems last night (4/2/10)

edited February 2010 in Poker Chat

morning rich
not happy at all rich i have just spoken to skys chat team (not my frav at the mo ) and been told sky is still having problems and i must wait for my refunds so why are you telling us one thing and skys chat people telling us another

i was in the 9 25 bounty hunter which kept freezing then i was put all in with out even pressing a button and that cost £ 2 some thing and  was i was in the 930 bounty hunter which cost £11 which didnt open or load up for over 30 mins after the tourny started so in all im looking for the £ 13 i invested which i lost through no fault of my own but please can u sort this out as skys chat dont seem to know whats going on

Comments

• edited February 2010
    Hi guys,

Last night you may have experienced a few technical problems that affected your ability to play at the tables. We realise this must have been extremely frustrating and we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

The problems were due to system errors that were out of our control. they have all been fixed but the team are still investigating the cause.

If you feel your play was affected in any way then please contact the customer care team (by clicking here) and they will be happy to award refunds (where applicable).

EDIT - (the customer care team are currently receiving very high volumes of traffic. this may result in a slightly delayed response time. please bear with us though, you can be assured that all emails will eventually be replied to.)

Thank you!
  • edited February 2010
    and rich
    i was on hold for 24 mins and i was number 4 in que not funny
  • ckdckd
    edited February 2010

just called the cs team they told me that its still down as well i said it was posted that it ok now  and they got on there screens and gave me a refund   they want tell me anything of what the problem is thought just thats it a tech prob     lol
  • edited February 2010
    refunded me my money at last cheers sky
  • edited February 2010
    please take a look at the 'edit' in my post,

thanks
  • edited February 2010
    i was 6th (with 20 players left) in the £1k bounty hunter after playing for 90 mins. it froze and i saw my stack go down and down. couldnt play anymore and went out in 11th position giving me just £7 position money. 6th would have been £45. Surely its only fair to refund me the £45. I know i cold have been knocked out earlier but i could also have won the tourny. have raised with cust care and they to get back to me. any thoughts?

In Response to Site Problems last night:
    Hi guys, Last night you may have experienced a few technical problems that affected your ability to play at the tables. We realise this must have been extremely frustrating and we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused. The problems were al due to system errors that were out of our control. they have all been fixed but the team are still investigating the cause. If you feel your play was affected in any way then please contact the customer care team ( by clicking here ) and they will be happy to award refunds (where applicable). EDIT - (the customer care team are currently receiving very high volumes of traffic. this may result in a slightly delayed response time. please bear with us though, you can be assured that all emails will eventually be replied to.) Thank you!
    Posted by Sky_Rich
  • edited February 2010
    i cant see u getting any more out of them pete as it would be the same for everyone saying they could have won it and want more of a refund but i do feel for u i really do let us know the outcome and gl
  • edited February 2010
    Ithx sim. not saying i would have won . all ime asking for is the money for my position at time of problem and the same for every other player. some players were able to carry on and win tourny and heads at the cost of those frozen out, surely thats not fair? will keep u informed of outcome.
  • edited February 2010

Hi Rich, just wanna ask here first so I'm not clogging up customer services, I entered the 9.30 BH and was unable to play a single hand, would this entitle me to a refund?

• edited February 2010
    i'm afraid i can't make those kind of decisions and i'd hate to say one way or the other if it wasn't correct.

if you drop customer care an email or start a live chat they will get back to you it may just take slightly longer than normal.

thanks again and sorry i can't help further.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Site Problems last night:
    Ithx sim. not saying i would have won . all ime asking for is the money for my position at the time of problem and the same for every other player. some players were able to carry on and win tourney and heads at the cost of those frozen out, surely thats not fair? will keep u informed of outcome.
    Posted by pete1
    It sucks when that happens i agree, but what can they do? if they pay everyone on position that the problem occurred then what about those that could play and won the tourney? do they lose their money? Have their bounties taken? you can't retrospectively take money off people who won it fair and square
  • edited February 2010

out of interest do the turney winners still get paid there winnings? I was nicely placed 75th out of 222 in the 8.00 bounty hunter (£22) when i got frozen out and watched as I was either blinded down or had my chips stolen by the few players that were not affected all they had to do was raise and all the players who could not get access to the site was auto folded I was luck in I had one head and "finished" 75th so picked up £23 but would like to know if the big money "winners" will get to keep there ill-got gains?
  • edited February 2010
    I only came back to sky poker last night after having trouble before.......just my luck to pick last night well placed in the 8.45 £250  when the screen went blue and stayed blue all night.........at least it had a big sorry in the middle of it
  • edited February 2010
    I had quad aces  in a £1,000,000 double your money when my system crashed.... by the time I got back in, I had blinded out.

As I am extraordinarily wealthy I don't really need the £1,000,000 So I'll ask you to send me a cheque, made out to my favourite charity and I will donate it to them.

The charity is Compensation for Aged, Single & Homeless...   so just make the cheque out to C.A.S.H and I will take care of it for you.

Many Thanks 
  • edited February 2010
    sadlyIn Response to Re: Site Problems last night:
    I had quad aces  in a £1,000,000 double your money when my system crashed.... by the time I got back in, I had blinded out. As I am extraordinarily wealthy I don't really need the £1,000,000 So I'll ask you to send me a cheque, made out to my favourite charity and I will donate it to them. The charity is Compensation for Aged, Single & Homeless...   so just make the cheque out to C.A.S.H and I will take care of it for you. Many Thanks 
    Posted by JockBMW
    Sadly, you were losing to my royal flush.
    The money has already gone to a worthy cause.
  • edited February 2010
    sadlyIn Response to Re: Site Problems last night : Sadly, you were losing to my royal flush. The money has already gone to a worthy cause.
    Posted by MereNovice

Second time this week....... talk about bad beats 

• edited February 2010
    Isky could stand by those that could play, even tho you are wrong when you say they won fair and square,.and sky should stand loss and pay those who were in position at time ofproblem. in my opinion.Response to Re: Site Problems last night:
    In Response to Re: Site Problems last night : It sucks when that happens i agree, but what can they do? if they pay everyone on position that the problem occurred then what about those that could play and won the tourney? do they lose their money? Have their bounties taken? you can't retrospectively take money off people who won it fair and square
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
  • edited February 2010
    well, i was in the 12k bounty hunter last night, chip leader for most of the way, had around 300,000 chips & 20 or so people left when mine decided to freeze, got back in about 20minutes later sitting at final table (thank god for the massive chip count) still with healthy chip stack, finished 2nd in the end.....well chuffed!! so all in all, technical probs did'nt affect me too much.

soz to all you folks out there who it did affect....
  • edited February 2010
    Contacted Customer care to be told because somehow I won £7 I will not receive the balance of my entry to 9.30 Bounty hunter even though I did not play a hand.  Not a happy person
  • edited February 2010
    Contacted Customer care to be told because somehow I won £7 I will not receive the balance of my entry to 9.30 Bounty hunter even though I did not play a hand.  Not a happy person
    Posted by cazzie58
    Nobody should be left out of pocket because of a problem that was skys' fault. If you 'won' £7 in a bounty hunter and the buy in was £11 and you were disconnected through the fault of sky (and by this sticky i presume this is an admission of guilt?) you should receive the difference which would be £4. Seen a couple of complaints on the forum that seem to warrant genuine refunds but it seems that the customer care team are handling this really really bad, unless they know otherwise.
  • edited February 2010
    Posted by cazzie58
    That's just unacceptable. Have another go at them and dont take No for an answer.
  • edited February 2010
    I was in a £10 DYM. Could not play a hand , but managed to ash!
  • edited February 2010
    shock horror sky customer care not caring
  • edited February 2010

well i have just been onto live chat because i was playing three £55 DYM  with still 6 players in all 3, sky have kindly given me £100 back from each tournament meaning i have doubled my money on all three, and also as a goodwill gesture for my inconvenience, they have given me £250 to spend at sky vegas and they are going to send me a laptop to the value of £2,000 pounds!!!!

***carlsberg don't do customer care teams but if they did they'd probably be the best customer care teams in the world***

• edited February 2010
    My name is Scott Morley alias Masher699 i was playing in a £1000 guarenteed tournament which was £5.50 buy in on thursday febuary the 4th the site went down and i cudnt play any hands and lost my buy in fee. could u please get back 2 me on this matter thanks